Who is greatest Heavy Wt boxer everr? Hard to compare eras like any sport

Frazier
    Ali
    Holmes
    Foreman
    Holyfield
    Tyson
    Others??

After watching a few, Ali was great, Frazier was tough as nails, young George F. was tough too.

I gotta go with iron Mike. If he had been a little taller and a little more reach he would have been unbeatable. He was a terror though. When he smelled blood, it was over.

vCash

Rocky Marciano.

Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Who is greatest Heavy Wt boxer everr? Hard to compare eras like any sport

Frazier
    Ali
    Holmes
    Foreman
    Holyfield
    Tyson
    Others??

After watching a few, Ali was great, Frazier was tough as nails, young George F. was tough too.

I gotta go with iron Mike. If he had been a little taller and a little more reach he would have been unbeatable. He was a terror though. When he smelled blood, it was over.
    Nm

vCash
    Rocky Marciano?

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Ali was the best boxer. Tyson was the most terrifying force of nature.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Ali was the best boxer. Tyson was the most terrifying force of nature.
    This^^

....but his mamma named him Clay, so imma call Clay**

vCash
    Answer is probably Ali. Since Frazier beat him and had 2 barn burners, he deserves to be in the convo. Prime Mike Tyson pre Buster Douglas was the scariest fighter in boxing history. I’ll also give a mention to Lennox Lewis. Massive guy and very skilled. With the exception of getting touched by Hasim Rachman (which he rectified) he had a perfect career. Of the new guys, Tyson Fury has a chance if he wins the trilogy, which he will, and then beats Joshua

Banned
    vCash
    Ali was a great boxer but he got lucky with Frazier at least once. He just laid on the ropes and let Frazier hit away, round after round. He does that with Tyson and he is toast and it wouldn't take long.

Tyson had such short reach; not sure how he did as well as he did. I think many underestimate his boxing abilities due to that fact.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Answer is probably Ali. Since Frazier beat him and had 2 barn burners, he deserves to be in the convo. Prime Mike Tyson pre Buster Douglas was the scariest fighter in boxing history. I’ll also give a mention to Lennox Lewis. Massive guy and very skilled. With the exception of getting touched by Hasim Rachman (which he rectified) he had a perfect career. Of the new guys, Tyson Fury has a chance if he wins the trilogy, which he will, and then beats Joshua
    Agree, Ali gets nod on Frazier but Frazier is right there; one tough dude. Lewis was also good. Also agree, Tyson wasn't the same late in career. He had lots of personal demons that got to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Ali was a great boxer but he got lucky with Frazier at least once. He just laid on the ropes and let Frazier hit away, round after round. He does that with Tyson and he is toast and it wouldn't take long.

Tyson had such short reach; not sure how he did as well as he did. I think many underestimate his boxing abilities due to that fact.
    Tyson was able to get inside and then hit you with an uppercut so hard your lower jaw ended up on top of your head. He negated his opponent's longer reach advantage by being right next to him.

vCash
    Ali then Frazier. If you were going to list all fighters I would put Sugar Ray Leonard up there also. He was great to watch.

vCash
    Heavyweights - Tyson

Super heavyweights - Lewis or Wladimir Klitschko

I think Klitschko was the longest reigning heavyweight of all time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post

He was, but in the era of least interest in the sport, sadly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    He was, but in the era of least interest in the sport, sadly.
    Yep, the MMA came along and stymied boxing during his career. He had Lennox Lewis' initial trainer, Emanuel Steward, who made him into championship caliber big heavyweight.

I think Lennox Lewis was slightly better. Plus, he beat everyone he ever faced, either outright or in first rematch.
    Last edited by Bothrops; 04-18-2020 at 11:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Heavyweights - Tyson

Super heavyweights - Lewis or Wladimir Klitschko

The Klitschkos basically got the belts and never left Russia. They may have been long reigning but they didn’t really fight anybody and ruined the division which is just now back. And you know who beat a Klitschko? Tyson Fury. The same Tyson Fury who is fighting all top contenders. Wilder and Fury are the anti-Klitschkos. Great for boxing and fighting anyone who wants it.

vCash
    Tyson was the complete package in his prime. Nobody had as much power as him possibly ever. He was lightning fast to go along with that. He was a great defensive fighter the way he moved side to side and had incredible vision. Sadly, as already mentioned in the thread, his personal demons took over and he was a shell of himself after that. Once the old man, Cus, died, ol Don King got in his ear and ruined him.

vCash
    The 70's was the greatest era for heavyweight boxing.......Ali, Frazier (my favorite), Foreman, Ken Norton, Jerry Quarry, Ernie Shavers, Spinks bros, Holmes towards the end.........Late 70's and early to mid 80's welterweight and middleweight boxing was a golden era as well......In those classes you had Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Tommy Hearns, Wilfred Benitez, Roberto Duran, etc........I loved boxing back then......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    The 70's was the greatest era for heavyweight boxing.......Ali, Frazier (my favorite), Foreman, Ken Norton, Jerry Quarry, Ernie Shavers, Spinks bros, Holmes towards the end.........Late 70's and early to mid 80's welterweight and middleweight boxing was a golden era as well......In those classes you had Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Tommy Hearns, Wilfred Benitez, Roberto Duran, etc........I loved boxing back then......
    Sugar Ray Leonard is my all-time favorite boxer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Tyson was the complete package in his prime. Nobody had as much power as him possibly ever. He was lightning fast to go along with that. He was a great defensive fighter the way he moved side to side and had incredible vision. Sadly, as already mentioned in the thread, his personal demons took over and he was a shell of himself after that. Once the old man, Cus, died, ol Don King got in his ear and ruined him.
    This. All of it. Plus Tyson was in prison for some of his prime boxing years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    The Klitschkos basically got the belts and never left Russia. They may have been long reigning but they didn’t really fight anybody and ruined the division which is just now back. And you know who beat a Klitschko? Tyson Fury. The same Tyson Fury who is fighting all top contenders. Wilder and Fury are the anti-Klitschkos. Great for boxing and fighting anyone who wants it.
    They fought what the division had to offer throughout their heyday. Vitali fought Lewis before both retired and lost due to medical stoppage (eye). Both fought Samuel Peter, Chis Byrd and Corrie Sanders. Wlad fought Fury while he was in his prime and Klitschko was not. He fought Hasim Rahman, Ibragimov, Ray Mercer and few others. It was time for retirement and I agree that Wladimir held too long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    The 70's was the greatest era for heavyweight boxing.
    This is indisputable.