Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The end of the half debacle yesterday....

vCash
    That was the reason CDM was so mad at a coach. Who ever ran the kick team out there before spiking the ball. Mullen knew we would have to spike the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C222 View Post
    No you ****ing idiot, I'm sure the plan was to get the **** out of bounds. You honestly think our coach is that dumb to tell the WR it's okay to get tackled in the field of play?
    Haha, you're the moron. No, dipshit....you run a ****ing "Out" if you want to get out of bounds. Not a curl in the middle of the field. Holy shit, to get called an idiot by someone that says what you just said, is beyond hilarious. And you basically just proved how dumb our coach really must be..because he did exactly what you just said would be "dumb"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    There are no trap games when you are a 32 point favorite AT HOME...try that bullshit somewhere else

Hud and his bunch ****ed off and werent up for the game- and it was obvious. They turned it on in the 2nd half. Mullen has never been behind at half against a shitty team like Hud was- so no need to comeback
    Actually we trailed a TERRIBLE UAB team at halftime in 2011. 3-0. The offensive guru was shut out at half by a bad CUSA team.

Why do you insist on going down with the Mullen ship?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    I think CDM thought we could run the 8 yd curl. spike the ball and kick the FG but some DA ran the kicking team on the field not giving enough time to spike the ball.
    Even if the kicking team hadn't run on the field, there was not enough time left on the clock to spike the ball. That's a clock management issue. Should have snapped it 5 seconds faster, then this idea would have worked. Ultimately, this all falls on him though. Do we not practice the hurry-up 2 minute offense constantly? Because the failures there are unacceptable...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Haha, you're the moron. No, dipshit....you run a ****ing "Out" if you want to get out of bounds. Not a curl in the middle of the field. Holy shit, to get called an idiot by someone that says what you just said, is beyond hilarious. And you basically just proved how dumb our coach really must be..because he did exactly what you just said would be "dumb"
    Well that's my bad then. I thought it was an out and just a bad route. Then I agree, terrible call and that is on Dan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C222 View Post
    Well that's my bad then. I thought it was an out and just a bad route. Then I agree, terrible call and that is on Dan.
    Ha, no worries. Just glad you see how dumb of a call it was

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Even if the kicking team hadn't run on the field, there was not enough time left on the clock to spike the ball. That's a clock management issue. Should have snapped it 5 seconds faster, then this idea would have worked. Ultimately, this all falls on him though. Do we not practice the hurry-up 2 minute offense constantly? Because the failures there are unacceptable...
    I don't think the clock was running when the ball was snapped. The best of my memory is it was 12/13 sec on clock when ball was caught 7/8 yards down field there was about 5 sec we were going to try hussel up and spike leaving one, may or may not have been abel to get that done, however we wound up with three teams on the field and two of them were ours.

vCash
    I don't think the clock was running when the ball was snapped. The best of my memory is it was 12/13 sec on clock when ball was caught 7/8 yards down field there was about 5 sec we were going to try hussel up and spike leaving one, may or may not have been abel to get that done, however we wound up with three teams on the field and two of them were ours.
    There was no chance of spiking the ball, regardless of if we had tried to rush up and spike it or not. There was not enough time.

vCash
    The ref has to set the ball before you can snap it, with the clock running the whole time. 20 seconds probably wouldnt be enough time, let alone 13.

vCash
    There was no chance of spiking the ball, regardless of if we had tried to rush up and spike it or not. There was not enough time.
    But hey, we're going to 'progress' to where we can beat top SEC teams despite being outrecruited and outcoached. Or something.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    All teams make stupid mistakes. The difference in good teams and ours is good teams rebound from them and finish games. We go into disarray and lose it, eventually leading to a team that doesn't give a **** in 2nd half, subsequently getting out played in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Any of you who cannot see this is all coaching, are delusional. Coaching can limit mistakes, and coaching should keep a team as one and focused, after they do make mistakes. Neither of these are, or have been happening, for us over the last 14 games. Time for those of you to wake up and see things for what they really are.
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 11-03-2013 at 05:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    All teams make stupid mistakes. The difference in good teams and ours is good teams rebound from them and finish games. We go into disarray and lose it, eventually leading to a team that doesn't give a **** in 2nd half, subsequently getting out played in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Any of you who cannot see this is all coaching, are delusional. Coaching can limit mistakes, and coaching should keep a team as one and focused, after they do make mistakes. Neither of these are, or have been happening, for us over the last 14 games. Time for those of you to wake up and see things for what they really are.
    Nail on the mother ****in' head.

Banned
    vCash
    Actually I want the son of a bitch to succeed, but I'm not going to spin his mistakes into blaming others, when the buck ultimately stops with Mullen. I actually saw some good things yesterday. We made several personnel moves like Sobiesk, Shump, JRob, etc, that we're great. However, me and several of our fans have been calling for those obvious moves for 7 weeks or more...so I'm not going to give the coach a blow job for making obvious moves 7 weeks too late! If anything he should be criticized even more for taking so damn long to do obvious Things. At this point in his career, he shouldn't be making boneheaded coaching moves that put his teams in a bad spot like it is year 1...but we are seeing rookie mistakes and no adjustments. I'm sorry that I am expecting more than what he is delivering. I respect your opinions on Mullen, but I don't have to agree with them. And it definitely doesn't make me wrong.
    +1,000. These people who continue to defend Mullen to the bitterest of ends mystify me. And, believe me, if we keep this up, the end WILL BE BITTER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    +1,000. These people who continue to defend Mullen to the bitterest of ends mystify me. And, believe me, if we keep this up, the end WILL BE BITTER.
    I don't disagree, but be able to separate the people who think logically and are in the "wait and see" crowd from the people that are bitterly defending him.

vCash
    As I'm watching the deal unfold, I'm excited because it looks like we are finally going to end a half on the upswing. 30 seconds already in fg range and two TOs left. It is really hard to imagine that you can **** that up. It's is so simple Run the damn ball call a TO, then run the damn Ball call a TO and kicke the FG.. But Dan once again gets cute and over thinks a scoring chance.The worst red zone Coach I have ever witnessed. And I've been watching since Paul Davis.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't disagree, but be able to separate the people who think logically and are in the "wait and see" crowd from the people that are bitterly defending him.
    That's not pointed at you, man. I am just saying that some of our fans seem to have more regard for Mullen than they do the university.

vCash
    again, unprepared, undiciplined.....

#clowncar

vCash
    So we go down 17-10 at halftime and South Carolina ****s up the kick and we end up with the ball almost in their territory driving running the football to start the second half. We had a chance to overcome that debacle but what happens? Dak inexcusable fumbles the damn football. You can blame as much as you want on Mullen on that game but the biggest glaring item is 4 turnovers and 20 points. South Carolina only scored 14 points where they had to drive the field. That is it.

vCash
    I don't know who's at fault but I know for certain Les Miles would be proud with how we managed the clock at the end of the 2nd.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    again, unprepared, undiciplined.....

#clowncar
    Definitely looked like amateur hour.