Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The end of the half debacle yesterday....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Exactly. It's even worse to know that Dan thought the curl was the right call.
    wtf do you think he should run with no time-outs from the 44 and only 20 seconds left on 2nd and 21? With the defense guarding the sideline?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Teams do stupid shit in every game- every week.
    Teams with coaches worth a damn can get past those mistakes and continue to be competitive.

We just seem to be a bunch of circus clowns out there trying to play jokes on everybody for the whole game...joke after joke after joke.

vCash
    I don't think you're wrong at all for wanting more in year 5. I want this thing to be as well oiled as you do. I think this is that transition period that all new coaches go through based on what they inherited. When you have misses in your first couple recruiting classes they're usually magnified in year 5 and 6. We are a young team from an experience standpoint...does it suck yes!! At the end of the day, I don't think it all completely falls on him.

vCash
    wtf do you think he should run with no time-outs from the 44 and only 20 seconds left on 2nd and 21? With the defense guarding the sideline?
    A play that has a small chance of succeeding is way better than one with zero chance of success. Throw a damn jump ball to Wilson. Something over the middle but past the 1st down marker at least gives a chance of spiking it. Malcolm is an option there. A GD hook and ladder. Idiotic play calls like that 8 yard curl are why fans are ready for a change, and defending it just means nothing will change absent firing Mullen.

vCash
    Are you freaking kidding me??! You claim to be a "Coach" and you say that was the best play he could have run?? You have GOT to either run something along the sidelines, or something that can get you to the sidelines out of the backfield, or else throw it beyond the first down marker where the clock will stop if it's caught. And if you don't think any of those things are possible, and you have no more timeouts, you either throw one towards the end zone, or try a long field goal. But you DEFINITELY don't run a damn 8 yard pass pattern that without a doubt ends the half if it's caught.

And we only had 13 seconds left when he called that play...not 20. Holy hell, i am in shock that you asked that.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 11-03-2013 at 02:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    A play that has a small chance of succeeding is way better than one with zero chance of success. Throw a damn jump ball to Wilson. Something over the middle but past the 1st down marker at least gives a chance of spiking it. Malcolm is an option there. A GD hook and ladder. Idiotic play calls like that 8 yard curl are why fans are ready for a change, and defending it just means nothing will change absent firing Mullen.
    Exactly. I'm not believing this is having to be explained.

vCash
    exactly- our fans just see us make mistakes and never watch any other teams play apparently. Teams do stupid shit in every game- every week.

We are a 10 point favorite over Kentucky-win by 6- our fans go nuts and say Mullen didnt have the team prepared or coached
    Hud is a 32 point favorite yesterday and is down 2 TD's at half. Wins by 13 or 14- but he is the mf'ing man. Even if his team underperformed much worse.

Fans are fanatics for a reason
    Since it's obvious you aren't letting that go -- after already sticking your foot in your mouth on this yesterday -- Hudspeth accomplished TWO things yesterday Mullen has never done in his CAREER here. Came back from a halftime deficit. Came back from a 4th quarter deficit.

His team came out flat in a trap game, got punched in the mouth, and while you were crowing about it before halftime(reread the thread -- it's bad that several of us had confidence in his halftime adjustments and are starting to develop a swag about it, when if it were our coaches, it would have been doom and gloom meltdown). ULL adjusted, gritted their teeth, and came storming back to win convincingly. Even in an underperformance, he was better than Mullen in multiple ways.

LSU was supposed to beat us by 7. They beat us by 33. We were supposed to beat Bowling Green by 11.5, but won by 1. But Mullen can do no wrong here.

Anybody that can look at what happened at halftime yesterday and think Mullen will EVER win a close game against an equally or superior talented team is kidding themselves.

Houston
    LSU
    Florida

Auburn
    Arkansas

Auburn
    LSU
    South Carolina

Ole Miss
    Northwestern

Auburn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    it was 2nd and 21- we werent completing anything there vs a loose Secondary with less than 20 seconds left. The curl was the only call short of something to possible get OOB.

Unintelligent bitching has been a problem for our fanbase for years- and bitching about that call is just another example. The bitching should be about the playcall on the sack- it took us out of any scoring chance at that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Since it's obvious you aren't letting that go -- after already sticking your foot in your mouth on this yesterday -- Hudspeth accomplished TWO things yesterday Mullen has never done in his CAREER here. Came back from a halftime deficit. Came back from a 4th quarter deficit.
    There are no trap games when you are a 32 point favorite AT HOME...try that bullshit somewhere else

Hud and his bunch ****ed off and werent up for the game- and it was obvious. They turned it on in the 2nd half. Mullen has never been behind at half against a shitty team like Hud was- so no need to comeback

vCash
    it was 2nd and 21- we werent completing anything there vs a loose Secondary with less than 20 seconds left. The curl was the only call short of something to possible get OOB.

Unintelligent bitching has been a problem for our fanbase for years- and bitching about that call is just another example. The bitching should be about the playcall on the sack- it took us out of any scoring chance at that point.
    You couldn't be more wrong on this one. I agree that the play before was horrible too...but if your best play with 13 seconds left, is a 8 yard curl, then we should have just kneeled it and saved ourselves the embarrassment of having our coach show that he isn't much of one.

vCash
    There are no trap games when you are a 32 point favorite AT HOME...try that bullshit somewhere else

Hud and his bunch ****ed off and werent up for the game- and it was obvious. They turned it on in the 2nd half. Mullen has never been behind at half against a shitty team like Hud was- so no need to comeback
    But I thought we had a "let down" game against BG?? Can ULL not have let down games???? Oh that's right, only MSU and ONLY when we are trying too hard to defend our coach that isn't getting shit done.

vCash
    But I thought we had a "let down" game against BG?? Can ULL not have let down games???? Oh that's right, only MSU and ONLY when we are trying too hard to defend our coach that isn't getting shit done.
    ULL can absolutely have a letdown game. And they did. I'm just laughing at Engie trying to spin it like Hud did something worth a shit yesterday. He didnt. He struggled to beat a terrible 1-8 football team

vCash
    My understanding was. And this would be on CDM. When we took the first TO instead of getting his team together and getting them lined up for what he wanted to do next CDM was on the official about the grounding call. I was on the phone with my son who immediately said when we came back on the field, "Whats going on we don't have a clue what we are doing," And he was right we had to call another TO.

vCash
    Exactly. Coach has gone full blown sheep on this for some reason that I do not understand and lost all semblance of reality and common sense. There's plenty that's defensible about Mullen -- this is NOT it.

What about Troy last year?
    What about UAB 2011?
    What about La Tech 2010?
    Need I go on?
    And those were just the ones that ENDED close(unlike Hud's game last night) that we actually won.

Nevermind all the other 12-13 games I addressed -- that we lost in close ones to similarly talented teams.

What happened before halftime is a microcosm of the whole "coaching" problem with Mullen. You don't beat good teams when you totally(and consistently) screw the pooch while they are reeling.
    Last edited by engie; 11-03-2013 at 03:11 PM.

vCash
    ULL can absolutely have a letdown game. And they did. I'm just laughing at Engie trying to spin it like Hud did something worth a shit yesterday. He didnt. He struggled to beat a terrible 1-8 football team
    He made a comeback.

When did Mullen do that? I'll wait.

"Struggled to beat"? He won by 14.
    Last edited by engie; 11-03-2013 at 03:13 PM.

vCash
    I'm not a Dan defender, but nothing y'all say can convince me the end of the half was his fault. You really think the play call was an 8 yard out and not get out of bounds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C222 View Post
    I'm not a Dan defender, but nothing y'all say can convince me the end of the half was his fault. You really think the play call was an 8 yard out and not get out of bounds?
    Ummmmm Yes. Do you think the receiver just decided to run an 8 yard curl? No, the coach called that play. Is this a serious post?

vCash
    Ummmmm Yes. Do you think the receiver just decided to run an 8 yard curl? No, the coach called that play. Is this a serious post?
    No you ****ing idiot, I'm sure the plan was to get the **** out of bounds. You honestly think our coach is that dumb to tell the WR it's okay to get tackled in the field of play?

vCash
    I think CDM thought we could run the 8 yd curl. spike the ball and kick the FG but some DA ran the kicking team on the field not giving enough time to spike the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    I think CDM thought we could run the 8 yd curl. spike the ball and kick the FG but some DA ran the kicking team on the field not giving enough time to spike the ball.
    I really don't think he thought that but I guess we could argue it day.