Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK so I was out of commission and didn't get to watch the game, but......

Banned
    vCash

OK so I was out of commission and didn't get to watch the game, but......

...looking at the stats and a few highlights on my phone tells me:

- Prescott played pretty good, like 65% for 250 or something
    - Prescott made a few rookie mistakes with interceptions
    - We outplayed SC on paper
    - We were playing #11 at their place
    - Nobody got injured

I mean, I guess I don't see what people are so pissed about. Granted I don't have the 'eye' test for this game, which I feel is very important, but stats don't lie. They don't tell the whole truth but they don't lie either. We out-gained them and seemingly out-played them except for turnovers. Georgia Tech game in 2009 comes to mind.

I think the team is getting better. When you look at all the starters coming back, we're in for a great ride next season. I'm not sure what the Mullen haters are smoking.

vCash
    The biggest stat was 5 turnovers and 20 points off those turnovers. They only scored 14 points when we made them drive the field. They were held to the most three and outs they had been held to all season. Dak didn't have a good game at all (3 picks, 1 fumble) but with what he was going through personally it's understandable. There were a lot of positives to build from. We just can't turn it over on the road.

vCash
    We looked like a complete disaster at times. Total confusion on the sidelines and in the huddle at times. The stats don't show it but like you would have been able to see it.

I'm not sure what the Mullen haters are smoking.
    Are you really not able to understand even just a little bit why some of us are so down on this coaching staff?

vCash
    rinse and repeat.. unprepared, undisciplined... but there were some bright spots... SC was 1 for 7 on 3rd downs...

ETA: Saban would be in the cardiac ward today..

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    If you didn't watch, then you missed the cluster **** before half-time and if you didn't listen, then you missed his rant at half talking about terrible coaching. We looked like we've never practiced a 2 minute drill before and Mullen looked like a complete buffoon. There looks to be no organization after the first couple of series and it's been the same shit since Bama last year. Hell, I'd go as far as stating that it started in the MTSU game before Bama. Go back and watch the tape. Mullen was chewing on everyone that day and it was like he knew that the next week would be ugly from the execution he was seeing against shit competition.

vCash
    Ahh yes, the shit grounding call that should not have been called thanks to the Barney Fife Ref. If that isn't called, odds are good we score a field goal or at least attempt one. Let's not forget to bring up how shitty the refs were.

vCash
    there's only one Nick Saban and he's not coming to MSU. Kent State would have a better chance of hiring him.

When you're driving a BMW, you can't compare it to a Lamborghini... and we're not going to be able to hire and keep a Lamborghini here. We have to decide what our one year "floor" and our overall floor is and base decisions off of that. If 5-7 is your one year floor, we shouldn't be scheduling kick off games against top 15 opponents... yet that's exactly what we did.

To blame CDM for the dumbassery of others is typical given fans' tendency to blame the HBC, but we've got to look a little deeper right now IMO. I can gauran-damn-tee you potential coaching replacements will look a little deeper and when they do they're not going to like what they see.

vCash

I love people..

..who offer their assement of an event even though they didn't attend the event or watch the event on TV.

Your phone is lying to you worse than a politician at the county fair:

MSU basically looked like shit.

We are still getting penalties for lining up wrong ("That's okay; it's only the 7th game of the season." As Jack Cristil would say).

Our defense plays hard for a series then the next series tries to avoid contact.

Dropped passes (critical dropped pass by Perkins that killed a drive). Turning the ball over. And last but not least that horrible joke that passes as our kicker.

Our football players do not possess a high football I.Q. And that is just exacerbated by a head coach who, during games, pulls the craziest shit since Mike Ditka coached the Saints.

Lastly, upon what are you basing your assertion this team is getting better? Is that a gut feeling?

Because it has no basis in empirical evidence.

vCash
    When I read some of these message boards, I think I saw a completely different game then they were watching. Some people are even blaming the OL and USC's DL with Clowney is probably the best in the SEC. I thought Clausell did a great job on him. The announcers did too. I guess the announcers and I watched a different game then most of these fans did.

vCash
    What kicker are you referring to? That didn't even make sense.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    ..who offer their assement of an event even though they didn't attend the event or watch the event on TV.
    I prefaced my post with that information. Seems you could have left the first sentence out, but it was expected from you.

vCash
    Pay no attention to him Goat. I think I get it. People will always see what they want to see. As I said in my first post, 5 turnovers 20 points ball game.

vCash

You are the one..

..who claims you can tell our team is improving by looking at a phone.

When you say something like that, you are begging for ridicule.

vCash

Devon Bell...

..the little kid name Devon Bell. The worse he performs, the more loyalty he accrues from Dan Mullen.

He should be kicking for Millsaps.

Except he is so bad I doubt the Millsaps coach would tolerate his ineptitude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    there's only one Nick Saban and he's not coming to MSU. Kent State would have a better chance of hiring him.

When you're driving a BMW, you can't compare it to a Lamborghini... and we're not going to be able to hire and keep a Lamborghini here. We have to decide what our one year "floor" and our overall floor is and base decisions off of that. If 5-7 is your one year floor, we shouldn't be scheduling kick off games against top 15 opponents... yet that's exactly what we did.

To blame CDM for the dumbassery of others is typical given fans' tendency to blame the HBC, but we've got to look a little deeper right now IMO. I can gauran-damn-tee you potential coaching replacements will look a little deeper and when they do they're not going to like what they see.
    I was just referring to the difference in a Lambo and a Ford (who we thought was a BMW) Saban would have been chewing ass from the AD down to the dude that stripes the field... ours just chews on his laminated play card.. I wonder what flavor it is? I thought in years past, we still had bonehead plays, and the crazy stuff that always seems to happen to MSU, etc. but the lack of focus and just general chaos that has been happening this season is really frustrating... I feel like if our players worked in a system like Saban's, we could be competing for the west, instead of having SOME beatiful downs and drives, and then turn around and look like the fell out of a clown car the next... I don't get it..

vCash
    how about Dak throws a record numbers of passes against one of the best Teams that can defend the Pass. Instead of running the Ball with a 230# QB and Shump or 34. I still believe some ground and pound would have won the game with our defense playing pretty damn skippy. But Dan wants MSU to be voted "Cutest"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    I was just referring to the difference in a Lambo and a Ford (who we thought was a BMW) Saban would have been chewing ass from the AD down to the dude that stripes the field... ours just chews on his laminated play card.. I wonder what flavor it is? I thought in years past, we still had bonehead plays, and the crazy stuff that always seems to happen to MSU, etc. but the lack of focus and just general chaos that has been happening this season is really frustrating... I feel like if our players worked in a system like Saban's, we could be competing for the west, instead of having SOME beatiful downs and drives, and then turn around and look like the fell out of a clown car the next... I don't get it..
    I agree with the frustrations. Just hope we aren't making a mistake that will take another decade to recover from.

Banned
    vCash
    You really don't have the privilege of ridiculing anyone.

Banned
    vCash
    No doubt turnovers lost the game. That's fixable. Especially considering we were on the road in one of the toughest modern environments out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    ..the little kid name Devon Bell. The worse he performs, the more loyalty he accrues from Dan Mullen.

He should be kicking for Millsaps.

Except he is so bad I doubt the Millsaps coach would tolerate his ineptitude.
    You realize Mullen used Sobiesk at kicker this past weekend, and the past two weeks, Devon Bell has shown he is an even better punter than Swedenburg?