Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Hard for me to question Leach and QBs, but I would've thought we'd have waited and weighed our options a little more with such good options available. Probably a 2 QB class, but I hope already having a QB committed doesn't hurt our chances with Keyes or Sawyer Robertson. Still, Greek is solid, and like I said, Leach knows what he's doing with QBs so it's hard for me to question it too much.
    We're taking 2 QB's & I don't see a big time QB being scared away by Greek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We're taking 2 QB's & I don't see a big time QB being scared away by Greek.
    Exactly. In a 2 QB class rarely do you see it being 2 4 stars, even at Bama.

vCash
    Good pull. Let's go get Brevard and Moore and air it out. Hell convince Smith to come back too
    Smith and Brevard gives us playoff caliber weapons.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Good pull. Let's go get Brevard and Moore and air it out. Hell convince Smith to come back too
    Could you imagine trying to guard them 4 at once going out in a pattern.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Could you imagine trying to guard them 4 at once going out in a pattern.....
    Along with Tulu in the slot. Man

vCash
    Jimmy the Greek just committed

Kid is accurate as hell & has a great frame. Not sure how he's only ranked an 84*

BTW, I think Leach is going to kill it at MSU. While I suspected it, I've been pleasantly surprised by how well receive Leach has been both in-state & in Texas.

I think there are many Texas HS kid's who parent's see Leach as their hero, legend coach guy.

Personally I'm beginning to think Leach is the perfect fit for us. He's clearly going to expand our recruiting footprint, & honestly, I believe if you gave Leach & Mullen the same players, Leach wins that game 7 out of 10 times.

This is going to be fun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Jimmy the Greek just committed

Kid is accurate as hell & has a great frame. Not sure how he's only ranked an 84*

BTW, I think Leach is going to kill it at MSU. While I suspected it, I've been pleasantly surprised by how well receive Leach has been both in-state & in Texas.

I think there are many Texas HS kid's who parent's see Leach as their hero, legend coach guy.

Personally I'm beginning to think Leach is the perfect fit for us. He's clearly going to expand our recruiting footprint, & honestly, I believe if you gave Leach & Mullen the same players, Leach wins that game 7 out of 10 times.

This is going to be fun

Kid literally looks like the spawn of Kyle York

[tweet2]1223984590546767874[/tweet2]

vCash
    Greek is a great get for Leach. Very undervalued with a very high ceiling. May well end up as a high 3* or 4* star when it's over. Like someone said on the general discussion board, if Leach and Cutcliffe want him, that's good enough for me. Welcome to the family, Mr. Greek!

vCash
    For those that have watched film on him, I would be interested to get some opinion on why he's currently ranked where he is.

Rankings mean something, but this early in the game they also don't matter to a degree. Would be interested in an opinion of why he's at where he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    For those that have watched film on him, I would be interested to get some opinion on why he's currently ranked where he is.

Rankings mean something, but this early in the game they also don't matter to a degree. Would be interested in an opinion of why he's at where he is.
    MetEd my guess at least partially is that he plays at a private school and the rankers will discount him because of that without looking further at his measurable's and his films. That why coaches do their own evaluations.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    The separation between high 3 and almost all 4 star players is minimal at best

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

I'd say he's a high 3 star. Accuracy is a little bit of a concern. But lots to work with.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'd say he's a high 3 star. Accuracy is a little bit of a concern. But lots to work with.
    Accuracy was good his Soph year. He had an arm injury last year that attributed to his drop in accuracy. I'll be interested to see how he looks at camps this spring & summer going into his Sr season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Accuracy was good his Soph year. He had an arm injury last year that attributed to his drop in accuracy. I'll be interested to see how he looks at camps this spring & summer going into his Sr season.
    And there you go. Sometimes things like injuries have to be taken into account that don't show up in the box score.

vCash
    What accuracy issues did you see on his film?

To me that was his biggest strength?

vCash
    Just my take but
    The LEAST of my worries going forward in football recurring with CML here is the QB position. He could be a walkon or 5*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Just my take but
    The LEAST of my worries going forward in football recurring with CML here is the QB position. He could be a walkon or 5*
    Same with wide receivers.

vCash
    What accuracy issues did you see on his film?

To me that was his biggest strength?
    He's never completed better than 62% in a season. He didn't perform well at camps and has a lot of INTs. And I'm not criticizing him. Just stating the obvious. I'm glad we got him.

vCash
    He's never completed better than 62% in a season. He didn't perform well at camps and has a lot of INTs. And I'm not criticizing him. Just stating the obvious. I'm glad we got him.
    So it's obvious that because he had a 62% completion % & threw some INTs, that he's inaccurate?

I'm not following? Did you watch the film?

Aren't you an outstanding evaluator*

vCash
    So it's obvious that because he had a 62% completion % & threw some INTs, that he's inaccurate?

I'm not following? Did you watch the film?

Aren't you an outstanding evaluator*
    High school stats are mostly meaningless for most sports. Most SEC athletes dominate when they are in high school. You have to evaluate skill set.