Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WR - This Group will be expected to have 350+ receptions next year

vCash
    This narrative that ML doesn?t adapt to his talent is false. He is going to run his offense but he will Taylor it to the roster he has. Look what he did at TT his first year

vCash
    So, no one took the bait so I will give it a shot.

OWR1 - Osirus
    IWR1 - Austin Williams
    IWR2 - Payton
    OWR2 - Malik Heath or Cameron Gardner

Are those the 4 starters?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    It's funny to see how down we are on that group, considering from day 1 it's probably going to be the most talented WR group Leach has ever had
    There is no Michael Crabtree or Wes Welker in that receiver room as far as talent so I think it is safe to say Leach has had more talent in a WR room.

Candidly I wish we had a few more Gabe Myles, Dedrick Thomas or Zuber's on next year's team. They would thrive in this offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    So, no one took the bait so I will give it a shot.

OWR1 - Osirus
    IWR1 - Austin Williams
    IWR2 - Payton
    OWR2 - Malik Heath or Cameron Gardner

Are those the 4 starters?
    Seems reasonable. Top 4 WRs for Wash St last year caught a combined 275 balls. These guys will get lots of chances.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I think Leach is going to love Austin Williams.
    Me too. We need a slot receiver to demand 75% of the snaps. I hope Austin can become that guy.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    ML also said if his players are more run oriented then he would run the ball .... With Hill coming back I don't think we will see this air raid thing that he's known for happening to the extent that it was at TT or WSU ..... maybe the year after - but next year with the pieces we have I would think the pass / run ratio is going to be less than expected .... and I'm ok with that so I'm guessing Schrader
    WHen Mike Leach says he's going to run the ball more, does he really mean he's going to hand it off more, or does he mean he will get the ball to his running back more? I remember someone stating that a lot of the passes to his running backs were essentially part of his run game. But can't remember if that was somebody quoting him or somebody just saying that about his offense.

vCash
    I kinda think he'll run it a little more at MSU than at his other stops. Not sure tho.

vCash
    350 apiece *** Or total ... cause they can do that as a group in about 5 games or so.

vCash
    I think we'll see an actual hand off 20-25% (maybe around 30% year 1) of the plays. The one game I watched was the 2008 Texas vs TT game. They mentioned him running the ball more that year than usual because their backs and OL were veteran and a strength.

How does ML utilize TEs? I haven't noticed any in clips I have watched.
    Last edited by SmokeyDawg; 01-16-2020 at 08:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyDawg View Post
    I think we'll see an actual hand off 20-25% (maybe around 30% year 1) of the plays. The one game I watched was the 2008 Texas vs TT game. They mentioned him running the ball more that year than usual because their backs and OL were veteran and a strength.

How does ML utilize TEs? I haven't noticed any in clips I have watched.
    He rarely plays tight ends - token utilization at best. He has used them here and there during transition periods but he will not recruit any and the ones we have are potential position change candidates.

vCash
    At least we won't have to hear how we are going to use the TE more this year every year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    WHen Mike Leach says he's going to run the ball more, does he really mean he's going to hand it off more, or does he mean he will get the ball to his running back more? I remember someone stating that a lot of the passes to his running backs were essentially part of his run game. But can't remember if that was somebody quoting him or somebody just saying that about his offense.
    if a pass is completed behind the line of scrimmage does that count as a run or pass ? .... I get what you're saying and I have read that somewhere, but I still think he does that with Schrader .... however, I'm not sure if Schrader is who ML is ultimately looking for .... I think Schrader has the potential to improve on accuracy - most QB's tend to improve over time
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    There is no Michael Crabtree or Wes Welker in that receiver room as far as talent so I think it is safe to say Leach has had more talent in a WR room.

Candidly I wish we had a few more Gabe Myles, Dedrick Thomas or Zuber's on next year's team. They would thrive in this offense.
    Malik Heath was a more highly rated recruit than Crabtree. Lideatrick Griffin is more highly rated than Crabtree. He could very well have a Crabtree or Welker on the roster. Not saying he does, but people overlook some of our WR recruits in my opinion....especially when combining with Leach's offense. We'll see
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 01-17-2020 at 05:07 PM.

vCash
    X- Mitchell

Y- Williams

H-Payton

Z-Heath

If Leach can move one of the TEs to WR it would help. Torbor, Pruitt and the others will get some snaps. I would look for at least one transfer here. I could see Dillon Johnson getting reps at slot as well. I am not as high on Tulu as yall are