Thread: Weekend Cookin,Sippin thread 11/1-11-3

vCash

Weekend Cookin,Sippin thread 11/1-11-3

I've gotta work tom morning say maybe just a Sam Adams Octoberfest tonight but Saturday night we're having a cookout and I'm doing Evan Williams 1783 small batch and I'm cooking my flounder from last week but not exactly sure how yet. What y'all got?

vCash
    I didn't let the early loss bother me to bad. I grilled some flounder and had a fine domincan cigar

vCash
    oh, so you're one of the cigar boys***

Nice lookin flounder... I was so pissed off, I burned my burgers for the first time in ages...

vCash
    Ha - way to recover Beast ... I did the same thing but grilled Amberjack and asparagus then washed it down with another Negra-Modello ... wasn't quite there yet so I uncorked the old Crown Royal and was pulling for Georgia to hold off Florida when the pain finally subsided

vCash
    I did BBQ shrimp... on the grill... New Orleans style flavor... just not in a skillet.

vCash
    Beastman, how is that EW 1783? Been wanting to try it. Also, any you guys tried Rougaroux Rum? Saw it in Houma when I was headed to South LA Friday but didn't buy it. Wish now that I had after reading their website. Interesting. Its a small, craft distillery out of Thibodaux called Donner-Peltier Distillers. They make a vodka, gin and three different rums. A dark rum called Full Moon, a clear rum called Sugarshine (its HIGH powered) and a new one called 13 Pennies that is praline flavored. They have really piqued my interest now that I have researched it.

vCash
    I really like it. It's about $20 a fifth (a lil less I think) but drinks like a $50 bottle of bourbon. Great value. The headley grange stick was good too but a lil overpriced IMO.

vCash
    I'm a puss compared to you fellas. My drinking days are now limited to a good bottle of wine - mostly white but will drink a good pinot noir on occasion.