Thread: Someone Needs to Fire This 247 Writer for Incompetency

vCash

Someone Needs to Fire This 247 Writer for Incompetency

What an idiot.

Why are such uninformed people allowed to write for publications?

The analytics & common sense make this writer look completely clueless. I expect better out of 247 than to publish something so completely ridiculous, uninformed, & factually incorrect as this.

I'm always fascinated at how people that get paid to write or give opinions can spend so little time looking at the facts

Consider the brain power involved to actually rank the hire of the Georgia OL coach over someone that has gone to a bowl 16 of 18 seasons as a HEAD COACH

Consider the brain power involved to rank the Washington DC a better hire than someone that has gone to a bowl game 16-18 years as HEAD COACH

Consider the brain power involved to rank a coach that has a 3.5 game per year less higher than the coach he is being compared to.

Just a fascinating species of dumbass.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...9/#142026059_7
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-12-2020 at 11:46 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    As wrong as he is. It’s an opinion piece. Shouldn’t lose his job over it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A-mass View Post
    As wrong as he is. It’s an opinion piece. Shouldn’t lose his job over it
    I would expect 247 or any professional entity to have slightly more informed opinions than this.

At least if you're going to rank those other hires above Leach, then explain some basis as to why

vCash
    I dunno, 'gun, as relates to "brain power"... I hear that writer's synapse firing frequency sequences are off the cerebral chart....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I'm pretty sure some sports "personalities" say incredibly stupid things just to generate discussion for the sake of making them relevant.

It also makes casual sports fans feel better about themselves because they'll say something so stupid that anyone with a sports IQ over 40 will feel better that they know something better than the loudmouth on the TV.

Skip Bayless has made a living doing this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm pretty sure some sports "personalities" say incredibly stupid things just to generate discussion for the sake of making them relevant.

Skip Bayless has made a living doing this.
    It's also that "Hot Take - I'm the Smartest Guy in the Room" shit that's been goin' around the last couple decades, too...

Bayless is a Stump.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I recognize the name. Brad Crawford, I believe, came from Saturday Down South and has never had a nice thing to say about us.

Seriously- Pittman is a better hire than Leach? Are you serious?

vCash
    I don't understand why anyone gets upset at these type articles. You may recall the year we hired Moorhead, it was almost universally hailed by the national media as the best hire of the year. See how that worked out. Revisit this same article in 2 or 3 years from now and you will have a better perspective.

vCash
    Typical media bashing MSU for something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundtheRock View Post
    I don't understand why anyone gets upset at these type articles. You may recall the year we hired Moorhead, it was almost universally hailed by the national media as the best hire of the year. See how that worked out. Revisit this same article in 2 or 3 years from now and you will have a better perspective.
    We all know it means nothing, but it's the point.

If someone is going to take the time to write an article for a professional publication, you'd think they use more evidence than just "gut feel".

vCash
    "Ask any coach in the SEC West who they would rather face on gameday between Kiffin, Leach and Pittman and all would put Kiffin at the bottom."

There's ... just no way that's right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    What an idiot.

The analytics & common sense make this writer look completely clueless. I expect better out of 247 than to publish something so completely ridiculous, uninformed, & factually incorrect as this.

I'm always fascinated at how people that get paid to write or give opinions can spend so little time looking at the facts

Consider the brain power involved to actually rank the hire of the Georgia OL coach over someone that has gone to a bowl 16 of 18 seasons as a HEAD COACH

Consider the brain power involved to rank the Washington DC a better hire than someone that has gone to a bowl game 16-18 years as HEAD COACH

Consider the brain power involved to rank a coach that has a 3.5 game per year less higher than the coach he is being compared to.

I agree. Him having the Washington hiring of a sitting DC is an A. WTH.

Hiring Leach away from a sitting (and successful) P5 coach is the definition of a power move!!!!

Seems there's some "agenda" in this writer's opinion. But, I'm biased as hell. Ha. So there's that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    "Ask any coach in the SEC West who they would rather face on gameday between Kiffin, Leach and Pittman and all would put Kiffin at the bottom."

There's ... just no way that's right.
    What an idiot that guy is.

The analytics & track record completely disagrees with this guy in every way.

Basically, by saying that, he's either insinuating that that him or the SEC coaches are idiots because they can't read wikipedia page

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    What an idiot.

I forget. Going to a bowl game is a good thing now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    Well... it at least insinuates that the coach at very least knows how to run the entire program

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    The people who write about sports are the people who weren't qualified to work in sports.

vCash
    The best way to get the bear sharks to read an article is to write something positive about them.

Best way to get our fan base to read an article is to write something negative about them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    The people who write about sports are the people who weren't qualified to work in sports.
    I can tell you from family experience most MLB players HATE the media. And that's one of the variety of reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    Has it ever not been?