Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leach it is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDawg94 View Post
    He’s been in two defense optional leagues. Can’t have that mindset here. Nobody can convince me he’s willing to change. He’d have to prove that on his own. Like I said earlier, in all the years he’s been coaching he hasn’t done anything defensively. He could have lucked into a decent defense at some point you’d think.
    Again, not saying he is my choice, but when he and Mumme went to Ky, everybody laughed their asses off and said that gimmick offense wouldn't work in the SEC. That they were D2 coaches with a D2 offense the SEC defenses would eat alive.

They promptly started breaking every offensive record in the SEC and ushered in a new era of offenses in the SEC. Look at the league now. Except for Georgia, every team in the SEC uses a lot of their concepts. Georgia probably does in their shotgun packages.

The NFL is using it. The Pats have used the hell out of it.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Tell them what?? They need to be told alot of things. Where do we start
    From Leach own lips when interviewed by Ut AD Currie. "I'm happy at Washington State" he turned down ut in 2017 and he's been on just about every sec teams list of HC prospects when looking for a new HC in last 5 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    If that's the case which I don't believe it is. Talk about a bad fit for MSu. Great for press conferences. But I just don't see him getting along with Cohen at all. Not to mention this will be a complete rebuild to go to an air raid offense. You think you were frustrated watching the moorhead offense for two years? Wait until you sit through three years of waiting for this to develop. SEC defensive lines and secondary are licking their chops about the idea of this.

He would be fun to hang out with and discuss crazy things. He is always funny as long as he isn't your coach. He is the guy that you go hang out and party with but you definitely want to part ways with at a certain point in the night.
    Bet you a steak dinner at the restaurant of your choice if Leach was named the HC, State would pass for at least one of the top 3 seasons we ever had.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    If I can't have Freeze then give me Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    From Leach own lips when interviewed by Ut AD Currie. "I'm happy at Washington State" he turned down ut in 2017 and he's been on just about every sec teams list of HC prospects when looking for a new HC in last 5 years
    If I remember right, Tenn's AD was gonna offer him the job and the president nixed it. The cell phones records indicated Leach was gonna take it. They called the AD back and fired him when he got back to Knoxville

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    If I remember right, Tenn's AD was gonna offer him the job and the president nixed it. The cell phones records indicated Leach was gonna take it. They called the AD back and fired him when he got back to Knoxville
    Yep I remember that. AD was fired for wanting Leach.

vCash
    I don’t question his offensive numbers. The formula to win at State is to have a good defense. He’d have to prove he can have a good defense. I’d take him over Chiz 10 times out of 10 tho.

vCash
    https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproj...t%2F2781685%2F

Bbbbut Leach doesn't play defense1111!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Yep I remember that. AD was fired for wanting Leach.
    The Schiano fiasco played a part in his firing too.
    When they decided to fire him, they mixed Leach so the new AD (who ended up being Fat Phil) could choose his own guy.

Tennessee is a shitshow inside a dumpster fire.

Banned
    vCash
    Give me Leach with a DC that he relinquishes total control to (Shoop, Grantham, etc.) and we pay that DC 2 mil or so. Leach 4.5 mil. The rest should work itself out as long as micromanager doesn't take hold and cause arguments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproj...t%2F2781685%2F

Bbbbut Leach doesn't play defense1111!
    If one game counts them we should have kept joe. He did beat Auburn once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Give me Leach with a DC that he relinquishes total control to (Shoop, Grantham, etc.) and we pay that DC 2 mil or so. Leach 4.5 mil. The rest should work itself out as long as micromanager doesn't take hold and cause arguments.
    That I could get behind.
    The same way I could get behind Grantham if he was given $ to hire a top notch OC and turn it completely over to him.

vCash
    BUMP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desoto1967 View Post
    BUMP
    Well played Desoto, well played.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Well played Desoto, well played.
    Not really. Kind of an ass thing to do. I stuck my foot in my mouth and said he would never come here, but oh well. There are a lot of comments in here that I doubt people want dragged up on the day they're mourning for the man and his family. Childish and petty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Not really. Kind of an ass thing to do. I stuck my foot in my mouth and said he would never come here, but oh well. There are a lot of comments in here that I doubt people want dragged up on the day they're mourning for the man and his family. Childish and petty.
    I agree, why bring this up now? Is there some ax to grind?