Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leach it is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDawg94 View Post
    He doesn’t care about defense. If he did surely he could have gotten a decent DC at some point over the years. If he had he would have won a lot more games. Seems he’d rather win 62-60 than to win 62-21. Btw he ain’t scoring 62 on a bad SEC defense much less the top ones. I can’t see him working out here.
    His best recruiting class in his career was ranked 46th.

Find a team with those types of classes that can play defense. Defense is about speed and athleticism and he's never had those types of players. At MSU he would.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    You're telling me he's never had a recruiting class at Texas Tech higher than 46?
    Correct. He's never had the talent to play defense.

Texas Tech is in the middle of nowhere. Tough to recruit to unless you're just wanting white boys that can run an offense like Wes Welker

vCash
    Lol. Another wild story.

vCash
    Leach has had plenty of opportunities to coach in the SEC and always turned them down. He's an extremely intelligent man.

vCash
    Leach isn't the answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    He's been successful in the Big 12 and the Pac 12 not in the SEC, big difference there. He would be going up against totally different defenses here in the SEC. I love Leach and he's a brilliant offensive coach but imo it's not a fit for us.
    He's coached in the SEC before. And was very successful. So much so that Stoops hired him when he got the HC at Oklahoma because he couldn't stop Leach while the DC at Florida.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    He does not rely on high level anything. But if he was to coach somewhere not at a far outpost like Lubbock or Pullman, he would have an even better team. He really has not ever been where hes on a fair playing field in that respect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    He's coached in the SEC before. And was very successful. So much so that Stoops hired him when he got the HC at Oklahoma because he couldn't stop Leach while the DC at Florida.
    You mean when he was at UK with Mumme? Yeah they had some success but he wasn't the HC and was only there for 2 years.There's a reason he hasn't taken a HC job in the SEC. Like I said he's very intelligent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Find a team with those types of classes that can play defense. Defense is about speed and athleticism and he's never had those types of players. At MSU he would.
    I'd say that's a plus. That he can win with that type recruiting. Does more with less, which is what has to be done at a place like State. Not saying he's my choice, but never doubt the man can't coach
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    You mean when he was at UK with Mumme? Yeah they had some success but he wasn't the HC and was only there for 2 years.There's a reason he hasn't taken a HC job in the SEC. Like I said he's very intelligent.
    He called every play at Ky. Mumme never had the offenses post Leach that he did with Leach.

vCash
    And please don't get me wrong I really like Leach and think he's a brilliant offensive Coach. I always watch his teams play because there entertaining and fun but I personally don't think he fits MSU. Just my opinion.

vCash
    I'd say that's a plus. That he can win with that type recruiting. Does more with less, which is what has to be done at a place like State. Not saying he's my choice, but never doubt the man can't coach
    I agree. I think there's a pretty chance it would work if we helped him get the staff right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

'09 class - 39th (247) 33rd (Rivals)
    '08 class - 45th (Rivals)
    '07 class - 42nd (247) 53rd (Rivals)
    '06 class - 28th (247) 25th (Rivals)
    '05 class - 38th (247) 37th (Rivals)
    '04 class - 39th (247) 33rd (Rivals)
    '03 class - 43rd (Rivals)
    '02 class - 47th (Rivals)

He recruited fine at Tech. I couldn't find data pre '02 but besides that he had one class below 46 at Tech. Now Wash St is another story but when has Wash St in the last few decades ever recruited well? I don't believe they've recruited highly since before Ryan Leaf. I'm impressed with what the guy has been able to accomplish at Wash St. He's a winner.

vCash
    Leach would be awesome, but it ain't happening

vCash
    He’s been in two defense optional leagues. Can’t have that mindset here. Nobody can convince me he’s willing to change. He’d have to prove that on his own. Like I said earlier, in all the years he’s been coaching he hasn’t done anything defensively. He could have lucked into a decent defense at some point you’d think.

vCash
    He has never turned down a HC offer to the SEC. He wants in the SEC. An when I lived in TX, he would make comments about wanting it. He wants the southern players in his system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    He has never turned down a HC offer to the SEC. He wants in the SEC. An when I lived in TX, he would make comments about wanting it. He wants the southern players in his system.
    Tell Tennessee that

vCash
    Don't want

vCash
    Tell Tennessee that
    Tell them what?? They need to be told alot of things. Where do we start

vCash
    If that's the case which I don't believe it is. Talk about a bad fit for MSu. Great for press conferences. But I just don't see him getting along with Cohen at all. Not to mention this will be a complete rebuild to go to an air raid offense. You think you were frustrated watching the moorhead offense for two years? Wait until you sit through three years of waiting for this to develop. SEC defensive lines and secondary are licking their chops about the idea of this.

He would be fun to hang out with and discuss crazy things. He is always funny as long as he isn't your coach. He is the guy that you go hang out and party with but you definitely want to part ways with at a certain point in the night.