Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hope to hell not, but

vCash

I hope to hell not, but

I?ve heard twice this morning now, we get Moor Moorhead.
    So much for the ?sources?. Remind me to not believe any garbage I read on here anymore, including what I just posted.

Cohen is the exact type of dumbass that will make a knee jerk reaction based on a lucky outcome of the Egg Bowl, to keep a coach That literally has not had his team prepared all year.

vCash
    So your "source" is correct?
    We'll know in a few days. I have no idea who/what to believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Mean jean confirmed he'll continue to be the coach. Didn't say for how long, only that he will continue.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Did you See where I posted:

“Remind me to not believe any garbage I read on here anymore, including what I just posted

Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    We'll know in a few days. I have no idea who/what to believe.

vCash
    I kinda figure Cohen ain't gonna make a move.

1) Hard to given our history. Joe spews it in PCs probably partly to keep reminding the media so they can write about it and make it hard to fire him. ETA: Not only does Joe put us in our place in his pressers, the media then laughs at us for expecting better. Win/Win for Joe.

2) Cohen probably remembers his 2015 season when he tanked it too. So he's inclined to give Joe a chance, especially with the adversity Joe faced.

So we'll get more of the "thumb pointing" while being reminded we should just be grateful that he chose to come coach up our downtrodden SEC football program whose culture sucked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I kinda figure Cohen ain't gonna make a move.

1) Hard to given our history. Joe spews it in PCs probably partly to keep reminding the media so they can write about it and make it hard to fire him. ETA: Not only does Joe put us in our place in his pressers, the media then laughs at us for expecting better. Win/Win for Joe.
    2) Cohen probably remembers his 2015 season when he tanked it too. So he's inclined to give Joe a chance, especially with the adversity Joe faced.

So we'll get more of the "thumb pointing" while being reminded we should just be grateful that he chose to come coach up our downtrodden SEC football program whose culture sucked.
    Then Cohen simply isn't the right man for the MSU AD job if this is correct.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msujd164 View Post
    Did you See where I posted:

“Remind me to not believe any garbage I read on here anymore, including what I just posted
    Yes i did. That's why I added "I have no idea who/what to believe".

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    CAse study in why it?s better to lose sometime.

Now we get another year or two of this nonsense.

vCash
    I literally am not going to ever pull against MSU in a game, BUT that win last night cost our program dearly I'm afraid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I haven't been on the Fire Cohen train but if he keeps Moorhead then either they both succeed next year or they both go next year.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Maroon mania... read out loud what you just typed.

vCash
    Then they both go next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This. It’s time to start looking for a new AD. If Joe’s back, I’m not going to bother with buying tickets for 2020.

vCash
    This all may be true, but it could also be something that isn't done until after bowl games. We and the possible new coaches have bowl games to contend with. Since we won, Moorhead may be allowed to finish out and the new potential coach gets to do the same with his current team. Nobody is in a bind in regard to their current school and players and it is just an easier and less turbulent transition for all involved. We really would look like asses on a collegiate world scale of we made the postseason and up and fired the coach that night or next day. Wouldn't make for an attractive aspect for coaches interested in coming here. Trust me, I want a regime change and maybe, just maybe, this is the plan moving forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I literally am not going to ever pull against MSU in a game, BUT that win last night cost our program dearly I'm afraid.
    I'm afraid so too. Joe threw down the gauntlet to some powerful brokers and if Cohen & Keenum are in his corner, then we gonna be in a turmoil at the top ... which doesn't bode well. And my next fear is it could bleed over into other athletic programs too.

IMO ... since we're so young next year, they have to ride this out for 2 years at a minimum. Otherwise ... it ain't good all over.

ETA: I sure hope to hell he figures it out and turns it around but he's shown me nothing to give me hope he can do that.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 11-29-2019 at 11:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    This all may be true, but it could also be something that isn't done until after bowl games. We and the possible new coaches have bowl games to contend with. Since we won, Moorhead may be allowed to finish out and the new potential coach gets to do the same with his current team. Nobody is in a bind in regard to their current school and players and it is just an easier and less turbulent transition for all involved. We really would look like asses on a collegiate world scale of we made the postseason and up and fired the coach that night or next day. Wouldn't make for an attractive aspect for coaches interested in coming here. Trust me, I want a regime change and maybe, just maybe, this is the plan moving forward.
    You simply can?t do that with the early signing period just a couple of weeks away. It has to be done before the early signing period.

vCash
    Nobody will wait until bowl games, especially with early signing period

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msujd164 View Post
    I?ve heard twice this morning now, we get Moor Moorhead.
    So much for the ?sources?. Remind me to not believe any garbage I read on here anymore, including what I just posted.

Cohen is the exact type of dumbass that will make a knee jerk reaction based on a lucky outcome of the Egg Bowl, to keep a coach That literally has not had his team prepared all year.
    Is Cohen a dumbass?

There are some posters on here that are very informed. For them to say a change was coming, would be taken as the gospel by masses of State fans.

No way we wait until after a bowl game to make a change. Especially with the early signing period. If we don’t make a change this weekend, I think Keenum and Cohen played the disgruntle fans to rally the family for the Egg bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    I haven't been on the Fire Cohen train but if he keeps Moorhead then either they both succeed next year or they both go next year.
    BINGO. If Joe comes back, which I still think a change is coming early next week, then Cohen has to be tied to him. IMO, anything less than 8 wins next year, they both get fired. That’s just business.

vCash
    You make a lot of sense! Rep given.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!