Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Press Conference

vCash
    Sometimes you eat the bear...sometimes the bear eats you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And this is why I said OM winning would be best for our football program. I backed off when I thought joe was gone regardless; but if joe stays, this was a gut shot to our football program
    100% agreed. Jpe being here next year 1) guarantees the program slips into deeper hole for the next guy to climb out of, 2)guarantees we win less games, and 3) makes an EB loss far more likely. All for 1 EB win in a year where it doesn't even matter if OM won because there is no bowl game for them regardless? Not with it. Rip the bandaid off and lose tonight, we'd all be talking about Napier right now with hope for the future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Joe is too emotionally unstable to coach in this league.
    Don't know if it's being emotionally unstable or just being too unprofessional. That was pretty obvious when he dragged out the story about his daughter being upset hearing about her Father being a crappy coach after the TN game. Just no reason for a high level professional coach to go there as a play for sympathy I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I ****ing called this a week ago. How many programs have fired year 2 coaches for non-off field issues? Very few. How many have one it after making a bowl? Zero. Literally zero. The odds we'd have the highest standards of any program in such a situation seems low.

Winning cures everything. The EB is 1/3 the emotions we invest in a season, so winning that is worth 4 more total wins as far as how the fans/boosters feel about a coach. Fan pressure is off Cohen, many cigar boys are going "well, I know I said he needed to go no matter what, BUT..."

We should have lost. We're going to go 4-8 next year and lose the EB when a good coach would have us 7-5 and win the EB. But I was ridiculed by shortsighted fans who say "You never root for OM EVER! Things will work themselves out!"

34, Dantheman, Ari, IYOK... go 17 yourselves if Joe doesn't get fired. What a bunch of jokes. You should ban yourselves out of embarrassment
    FSU is bowl eligible after firing their coach in his second year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    He said people acted like he took over the '85 Bears lol.

Look I told everyone here if we go 6-6 and bowling Joe ain't going anywhere. He said he will see us at the bowl.
    I said it earlier today and all I got was “Wanna bet?”. We ain’t firing him at 6-6. It ain’t happening, and it sounds like he ain’t resigning. Now, maybe Rutgers will save the day.

vCash
    Boys this is gonna get ugly

vCash
    Yeah he really came off more of an ass than anything in that presser. Lists off all the excuses for this year, and then says that the team he inherited last year wasnt the 85 Bears? What the hell did you think they were then when you were promising Heismans and every championship there was??? Also, he was obviously aware of the rumours going around but when the reporter asked he pretended like he had no idea what he was talking about. One big enigma. Also, I think him bringing up the late 90's team was a subtle way of saying we havent really been shit since then.

I didnt think he would resign after the game, but I damn sure didnt think he'd confront all these rumors the way he did either. Did we get conned by the Athletic Department into making Jomo think he was coaching for his job or some crazy shit who knows but at this point nothing would surprise me.

vCash
    Devil’s advocate. If I was in his shoes I would do the same thing.

vCash
    When Mullen’s left, C34 told us before the egg bowl. Nobody believed him. Then nothing happened for a few days and people raked him over the coals. Then a day later it was out everywhere that Mullen accepted the Florida job AFTER accepting the Tennessee job. I’m not gonna get my emotions up either way. This ain’t over yet. I’m gonna enjoy this win!!!! 17 the ole pissers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This is what I keep saying. I would be freaking pissed and defensive too if I had been through the ringer like him. He's had a rough year.

vCash
    That asshat was a couple of FBombs away from sounding like that Kansas JUCO idiot. We don't need a guy like this representing MSU. You got lucky to beat a 4-7 team there Joe - that's why we don't like you. That presser just lost you more support.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This is what I keep saying. I would be freaking pissed and defensive too if I had been through the ringer like him. He's had a rough year.
    Yeah bc saying I'm gonna stay your coach, but f you state fans is a great way to play this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yeah bc saying I'm gonna stay your coach, but f you state fans is a great way to play this
    Look. Fans are the ones that have constantly shit on him. He's a man. Stuff gets to you. Did he take it a tad far? Maybe. But I can understand it. Like it said. If you were trying to prepare to do your job and everyone around you kept talking about who was going to replace you while you were doing your job, you might be pissed too.

I'll say this. I'm not going to judge the man because I've never walked in his shoes. So I can at least have empathy for him. Folks on here kept saying "well he makes a lot of money" and "he should understand that's part of the job". Screw that. Dude is a human being. Crap we say and others say around him affects people.

Good for him for getting the win. He's had a shit year and he and the team deserve and needed that win. Glad they got it.

vCash
    The fact that he lets it get to him and addresses the fans that way shows that he isn?t the msn for the job. You think Mullen ever addressed any of his criticism? He is so delusional and a nut job that hates the Mississippi state fan base. Screw him. Instead of just saying I?m not worried about any of that we just won a game he tore off in to the fan base again. Screw him. You went 8-5 with the best defense in school history, 1000 yard rusher, and 2nd best qb in our history looking like dog shit on offense. You follow that up with your boy after blaming it on fitz last year and fan expectations, and you look even worse this year and blame it on plastic man for getting hurt. Good grief. Fire this man already. I?ve never wanted someone fired so bad after being bowl eligible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Joe wasn?t going to step down after the game in the PC and take away from thirds and the win. Things will unfold.
    How confident are you in this?

vCash
    If he’s not fired, then we do not have the leadership in the athletic department that we need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If I'm being paid multi millions of dollars I would care less. Maybe pissed a little but not enough to get out of character.

vCash
    If I'm being paid multi millions of dollars I would care less. Maybe pissed a little but not enough to get out of character.
    Can you explain what the amount of money you make has to do with emotion? Or at what amount of money that starts to become something you can't do?

Is that the unwritten rule of making a lot of money? You can't be emotional and take offense or be a little upset if you make a lot of money?

vCash
    I don't think he got out of character. I think he showed his true character.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    We need to fire his ass for the way he opened that press conference. **** him. You just beat a 4-7 team.
    Dear God. Y?all just stop.