Thread: What kind of workout routine do you do?

vCash

What kind of workout routine do you do?

The weight loss topic got me wondering what kind of exercise routine everyone does. I haven't been consistent with it but when I have I do a total body high rep workout.

It is basically doing almost all the machines at Planet Fitness and then doing cardio. I normally do either 3 sets of 10 or 1 set of 20 reps depending on how I feel. I do this every time I go so I don't break up days for body parts like chest and tris or back and bis.

1. Shoulder press machine
    2. lower back extension - hits lower back/hip/butt area
    3. back exercise - I try to alternate between pull down machine and a row type machine.
    4. bench press machine
    5. abdominal machine
    6. biceps machine - I also throw in some dumbell curls or bar curl from the free weights
    7. tricep machine - either tricep extension or tricep pushdown machines

8. Leg extensions - for quads - machine
    9. hamstring curls - machine
    10. calf extensions - machine
    11. Leg press - for total lower body

I then typically get on the elliptical for 15-30 minutes and do 1-2 miles at a decent pace. I got to 2.5 miles in 30 minutes which is good for as fat as I currently am after working out everything but lower body.

Anyone have any suggestions to change it up. My biggest issue is getting bored with the routine.

vCash
    Get a bike, you will thank me years later. I ride 25-30 miles daily, best thing I've ever done, easy on the body with less strain. When I'm done, it's not like I feel "oh sh*t" what a workout.

I use to run 2-5 miles daily, had two knee surgeries from football, was told years back I would have to have knee replacement. Was getting the "rooster shot" once maybe twice year. No longer do, wish I would have done this years back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Get a bike, you will thank me years later. I ride 25-30 miles daily, best thing I've ever done, easy on the body with less strain. When I'm done, it's not like I feel "oh sh*t" what a workout.

I use to run 2-5 miles daily, had two knee surgeries from football, was told years back I would have to have knee replacement. Was getting the "rooster shot" once maybe twice year. No longer do, wish I would have done this years back.
    My boss is into biking and I might do it. Right now I do the ellipticals that isn't hard on my knees. I do that intentionally to stay away from the treadmills.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Dang I posted it on other thread before I saw this. DO NOT DO LEG EXTENSIONS...if you value your knees. There are better alternatives that don't put soooo much pressure on your knees
    Last edited by Dawg-gone-dawgs; 07-21-2019 at 11:06 PM.
    No Signature

vCash
    Look up Mike Matthews online and get his book
    Bigger Leaner Stronger...you'll thank me later
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Dang I posted it on other thread before I saw this. DO NOT DO LEG EXTENSIONS...if you value your knees. There are better alternatives that don't put soooo much pressure on your knees
    Is the leg press better for knees or about the same?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Look up Mike Matthews online and get his book
    Bigger Leaner Stronger...you'll thank me later
    I just got it from Amazon with my Kindle subscription for free. I will start reading it today. Thanks.

vCash
    Look into the Stronglifts 5x5 program if you want to lift. Had a buddy do it and saw the results. I'm about to try DDP Yoga. DDP has gotten serious results with tons of people. And if you look at him, he's a walking ad for his program. The guy is pushing 70, but he looks like he's in better shape now than when he was at the peak of his career. Bet he could still work a solid match.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Is the leg press better for knees or about the same?
    The leg press is the only leg excercise I can do that don't hurt knees. Just make sure your feet are slightly pointed out and a little sider than shoulder width apart.
    No Signature