Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Barry'd In Rain Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Barry'd In Rain Edition

The tropical storm cancelled my trip south and the weather north looks so rainy I'll be lucky to bass fish Saturday morning. So instead of hitting the road shortly I'm thinking we'll go out for tacos and margaritas tonight.

vCash
    Got a big ol snapper filet smoking right now for dip. Set some aside for a main course as well.

vCash
    Tacos and margaritas it is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Got a big ol snapper filet smoking right now for dip. Set some aside for a main course as well.

That’s a nice big filet. Y’all hunkering down I take it

vCash
    Yep. Not worried about much here.

vCash
    Hope are all safe and that Jim C doesn’t come to visit.

vCash
    Was out of town the last week, so on the way to the coast I picked up some waters, charcoal and meat to smoke since I had no idea what to expect from the storm. Doing whole chicken tomorrow and ribs today

vCash
    Went out to the Rez and got blown out by 1030. It’s actually really nice out besides the wind. Had my 2 bil’s with me. Put the one in college on his first yak fish. Nice 2 and 1/2ish bass. I had 3 blow ups and 3 follows on my frog but no takers. Most didn’t really commit but I had one, probably about 4lbs, come totally out of the water after the frog. Only I could not nail that fish. Ended up catching a few on yum jerkbait and powerbait swimbait both shad imitations. They were chasing shad so I matched the hatch. Biggest fish was on a t-rigged watermelon yum worm. Wasn’t Leeville but fun regardless. I’m getting much more consistently bit on the Rez lately.

vCash
    Since we didn’t leave town and my BIL was in town we did burgers at my in-laws tonight. Drinking Sierra Nevada Tropical Torpedo. Funny because we got burgers for lunch at Shaggys when we got off the water. So I’ve had burgers all day lol

vCash
    Nice work Beast. Got my little man out to practice using a spinning reel for the first time, in between rain showers. He picked it up quick, so we'll be done with the zebcos!

vCash
    That’s badass speck. He’s moving on up the ladder

vCash
    He will be the best fishing buddy for you Spec!