Thread: July 4th until Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

vCash

July 4th until Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

Kicking this off a day early. Fired up the Weber for some ribs. More to come

vCash
    I did slow cooker red beans and rice yesterday. Was up at dawn firing up my Weber for an all day smoke on a butt. I've got a great rub that is heavy on brown sugar that creates an awesome bark. Smoking with applewood chunks and apple juice in the water pan. Doing a shrimp and whiting fry tomorrow at my parents. Great weekend, Happy 4th!

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Ribs on the Weber. I’m using kingsford long burning and I’ll throw a few Jim beam maple chips

vCash
    I got a filet loin I’m roasting prime rib style with the course sea salt and herb butter rub

vCash
    The ribs have done their 2&2 and now to the last 1. They’re lookin good!

vCash
    Smoked some redfish to make a dip. First time trying and it came out damn good! Grilling burgers and snapper now. Lots of dips and sides.

vCash
    The spread tonight: Filet, ribs, baked beans, potato salad, cucumber salad, shrimp pasta, Mexican street corn, hotdogs, peach ice cream, key lime pie ice cream, cake, and cookies. Everything homemade. Just bought a bunch of fireworks.

vCash
    We did ribs, chicken and smoke sausage......diet is out the window as I spoon out some homemade peach ice cream.

vCash
    Y’all got it going on today. Happy 4th everyone here!

vCash
    Happy 4th all. My neighborhood is basically a firework block party. I’ve switched to Evan 1783 bourbon and coke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    The spread tonight: Filet, ribs, baked beans, potato salad, cucumber salad, shrimp pasta, Mexican street corn, hotdogs, peach ice cream, key lime pie ice cream, cake, and cookies. Everything homemade. Just bought a bunch of fireworks.

Well done Beast as this spread looks awesome! I suppose the invitations for us regulars on this board was lost in the mail????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Well done Beast as this spread looks awesome! I suppose the invitations for us regulars on this board was lost in the mail????
    Lol must have gotten lost in the mail. Tonight we did Saturday night mass and hibachi so we’re sleeping in tomorrow. Slap wore out

vCash
    Took my son bream fishing today and he got his first fish. He’s 2 1/2 so he lost interest quick and probably played more with the crickets. He’s been asking to go fishing with daddy do mission accomplished