Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss ... Who is doing what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I have gotten to like coke zero. They do make some low carb wraps if you are interested instead of lettuce.
    All in gonna say is I'm not ever drinking anything with aspartame in it.

Thanks.. I'm constantly researching new meals and new ideas.. I prefer to cook more stuff myself unless I can get it without very many things added.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post

Thanks.. I'm constantly researching new meals and new ideas.. I prefer to cook more stuff myself unless I can get it without very many things added.
    You sir are very smart, research is the key when dealing with health. My wife has RA, she is amazing controlling it with diet, she takes no prescribed medication. Her diet is the key, what we eat or drink is critical to staying healthy.
    Good luck, if you have kids get them involved in eating the right thing, being sick is costly. Just saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    You sir are very smart, research is the key when dealing with health. My wife has RA, she is amazing controlling it with diet, she takes no prescribed medication. Her diet is the key, what we eat or drink is critical to staying healthy.
    Good luck, if you have kids get them involved in eating the right thing, being sick is costly. Just saying.
    No kids... and I don't try to brain dump a lot of things on here.. maybe I should but I've been studying and reading up on Keto for the better of 2 years. My problem is accountabilty and consistency.... I have to TRULY get to a point where I can be consistent and stick with this for at least 2-3 weeks..and anytime I fall off (like yesterday) get back on. In the past, I lost around 15lbs in a week.. and then had a beer event with a friend who is a brewery rep (I have wayyy too many of those now.) and had carbs and beer and never got back on track the next week. I did it again about 3 months ago by drinking celery juice first thing in the morning.. and running a mile or 2.. did good for a week.. then fell off.

So I feel off yesterday.. gained 3lbs back.. and am back on today. Deciding if I'm pushing my fast back a day or still starting tonight, based on how I feel today and what I get in to eat... dinners likely going to be Wild caught fish so I get a good foundation of Omega 3 fats into my belly before starting the fast.

If anyone is interested in some of the resources I watch.
    Thomas DeLauer
    Dr. Eric Burg

Now I don't take everything that take as gospel. Have the time they are throwing out new medical terms or chemicals I've never heard of..so I try to do my own research to understand things, when I have time.

Never stop learning. But don't believe everything you read.
    A fellow bulldog who is a farmer, (and very anti organic farming) posted something this morning, that made me start looking into some of the chemicals used by organic farmers... But worrying about it at that level might drive me insane.. there really is only so much we can do about things unless you buy everything local and know the farmers and their practices.
    And with that I stumbled upon a report about glyphosate (Roundup) being in pretty much everything we eat and some of what we drink... this report showed the high (but still safe per the epa) levels of Glyphosate in certain cereals.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/glyphos...t-study-finds/

The 2nd video on that link was more interesting. They tested beers and wine and found glyphosate in them.. including the organic producers. Roundup is every where. Scary thought.

Now time for my tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar, maybe a cheese stick, packet of coconut oil, and some macadamia nuts.

vCash
    There will be some more v-bets going up this summer.. for predictions of football and such. Maybe I'll throw something up for odds of making mlb playoffs also..
    Just giving you a hard time.

A fellow bulldog who is a farmer, (and very anti organic farming) posted something this morning, that made me start looking into some of the chemicals used by organic farmers... But worrying about it at that level might drive me insane.. there really is only so much we can do about things unless you buy everything local and know the farmers and their practices.
    I don't believe there is anything truly organic. There is no way to grow certain crops without some sort of bug control sprayed on them.

I believe that you starting this thread and putting your information out there will only help you in reaching your goals as the first step (and probably most important) is verbalizing them and having some support and accountability from others. I think you'll get there. I will say I'm not sold on the keto, as I don't think it's practical long-term. Others have hit on it here in this thread, but diet and exercise is the tried and true method. Good luck - we're all rooting for you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Just giving you a hard time.

I don't believe there is anything truly organic. There is no way to grow certain crops without some sort of bug control sprayed on them.

I believe that you starting this thread and putting your information out there will only help you in reaching your goals as the first step (and probably most important) is verbalizing them and having some support and accountability from others. I think you'll get there. I will say I'm not sold on the keto, as I don't think it's practical long-term. Others have hit on it here in this thread, but diet and exercise is the tried and true method. Good luck - we're all rooting for you!

Thanks... it is somewhat accountability but also sharing ideas. Glad to see some others taking part.
    As far as organic, doens't mean that can't use anything.. but it's supposed to be natural pesticides vs chemical ones. What he was pointing out is some of the natural ones are as toxic as Roundup.. so again it's hard to know what organic farmers are using..so is better or not. Hard to say. I try to buy organic when I can except when it's recommended not needed by the EWC list
    https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary.php

vCash
    I recently watched a video of some doctor that does a lot of the Marvel actors, getting them in shape. Essentially, depending on your body type, it lets you know what your body is kind of set up for and oddly enough mine was close to the keto diet.

I am not saying that I would be hard core keto forever but I personally feel a lot better on it, less inflammation in my joints and my digestion is 1000 times better. Realistically, I want to do keto until I get close to my ideal weight and then probably just eat low carb similar to South Beach.

It is basically any grains is whole grains and try not to eat pure starch or sugar.

I had lost about 30 lbs and was feeling pretty good about it and then the holidays hit and my family and my wife's family think eating healthy is getting a small size of dessert. At all the family dinners, if you don't want some type of coke or sweet tea then you are just drinking water.

My wife and I just have to start bringing our own and trying to fill in with what we can eat because it is a slippery slope to eating bad for a month or longer.

vCash
    Started my water fast (only water with real salt and green tea allowed) at midnight. So I'm a little over 9 hours in.. at least 63 more to go. Almost back to my weight prior to eating that burger on tuesday. Walked into work this morning as the "cold front" that blew through yesterday knocked the lows into the 70s this morning. Just have to keep myself busy for next 7 hours before leaving work and going to the gym here at work. Will do 30 minutes to an hour of cardio.
    Goal is to be down to 225 by Monday. 7lbs to go.

vCash
    Started my water fast (only water with real salt and green tea allowed) at midnight. So I'm a little over 9 hours in.. at least 63 more to go. Almost back to my weight prior to eating that burger on tuesday. Walked into work this morning as the "cold front" that blew through yesterday knocked the lows into the 70s this morning. Just have to keep myself busy for next 7 hours before leaving work and going to the gym here at work. Will do 30 minutes to an hour of cardio.
    Goal is to be down to 225 by Monday. 7lbs to go.
    Best thing I have done is have a cup with ice and just keep refilling with water. Basically I snack on ice water which burns calories and makes me feel more full.

vCash
    Best thing I have done is have a cup with ice and just keep refilling with water. Basically I snack on ice water which burns calories and makes me feel more full.
    Ice Water slows down how much I drink, so for now I want to make sure I get my half gal in with the salt. Gotta not sit behind this desk all day if I can.

vCash
    Have you used any websites for Keto meal plans?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    Have you used any websites for Keto meal plans?

not really.. I'm always looking at recipes for different things. I'm not a big meal plan type person to eat the same thing 3-4 times a week.
    Just come up with an idea or browse sites till i find a recipe i like. Do need to decide what I will cook to bring to work with me..

18 hours in..heading to the gym for hour of cardio.

vCash
    My wife goes through pintrest and they have a lot of good keto recipes.

vCash
    Finished the fast at midnight. broke it with beef broth and half a rotisserie chicken. Last 5lbs 1st day of the fast and then no more. Don't think I'll do a 72 hour again..no longer than 48. Feeling good today.

My issue is I love to cook.. so I never have a shortage of recipes... sure don't need more Just have to decide what to make
    for breakfast today had 4 slices bacon (no bacon is not the key to keto but i enjoy it from time to time), 2 fried eggs over easy...and 4 coconut flour pancakes. Which were amazing. especially with the Maple flavored syrup (made with monkfruit).
    https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes...eese-pancakes/

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash

The aspartame thing is/was blown way out of proportion. I'd say as long as you don't drink 200 Coke Zeros a day, you'll be fine. The caffeine would kill you first
    No Signature

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Do strength training with heavy weights, low reps. Basic old school lifts, deadlift, overhead press, bench, squats...you be in the best shape of your life. And no matter what anyone tells you, it's not bad on your joints. It actually strengthens your joints
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    The aspartame thing is/was blown way out of proportion. I'd say as long as you don't drink 200 Coke Zeros a day, you'll be fine. The caffeine would kill you first
    I typically drink 1 - 3 per day so I think there are plenty of other things that will kill me first. My biggest problem is I am addicted to sugar. I know this but it doesn't make it easier. I am the type of person that could just eat a piece of cake for a meal. Keto actually helps with the sugar cravings. I also found these keto fat bombs that are essentially a Reece's cup. It doesn't have real sugar but it takes close enough for me and it is good for keto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    There is nothing good about aspartame, but to each to each their own.

vCash
    There is nothing good about aspartame, but to each to each their own.
    I know it isn't the best for me but it keeps me from going off the rails. I know I won't just drink water or non sweeted tea for every meal so it is my concession. I also drink 1 cup of coffee with splenda so that isn't great either but I just can't get to the point of liking coffee with nothing in it. Someone told me to just drink it black for 30 days and you will like it but I just can't get there.

vCash
    I know it isn't the best for me but it keeps me from going off the rails. I know I won't just drink water or non sweeted tea for every meal so it is my concession. I also drink 1 cup of coffee with splenda so that isn't great either but I just can't get to the point of liking coffee with nothing in it. Someone told me to just drink it black for 30 days and you will like it but I just can't get there.
    I said the same about coffee but I have gotten use to the taste w/o sugar. It takes a little time but I'm sure you can do it. LOL

vCash
    I said the same about coffee but I have gotten use to the taste w/o sugar. It takes a little time but I'm sure you can do it. LOL
    Don't use sugar, but instead a teaspoon of honey in my coffee plus a splash of milk.....one of life's simple pleasures.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke