Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weight Loss ... Who is doing what?

vCash
    I feel ya, Scooba. I dropped about 35-40 pounds from August to March last year, but I've gained almost all of it back. I'm about to jump back on Atkins hard and start DDP Yoga. I'd like to get down around the 215-225 range ultimately.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I know it isn't the best for me but it keeps me from going off the rails. I know I won't just drink water or non sweeted tea for every meal so it is my concession. I also drink 1 cup of coffee with splenda so that isn't great either but I just can't get to the point of liking coffee with nothing in it. Someone told me to just drink it black for 30 days and you will like it but I just can't get there.
    Seek out flavored sparkling water. I don't know what brands distribute to georgia but I love the brand Polar and especially Spindrift (has 1 or 2 carbs but uses real fruit juice).

Coffee - try stevia instead or unsweetened creamer. Or make it bulletproof by putting butter (i prefer kerrygold brand) and coconut oil in it. Depending if you are trying to do low/carb/keto or just reducing calories.

As WMD said, your taste buds will adjust to not drinking aspartame or sweet tea.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 07-23-2019 at 11:59 AM.

vCash
    Day 19 update... just cause I haven't in a while. Still going somewhat strong.. gotta keep finding my motivation. Only 1 cheat day 2 weeks ago. Since then have stayed on track. Found out my scale wasn't calibrated correctly. So was only down around 8lbs after my 3 day fast instead of 14. But this morning I checked and down to 228 so down 12 in less than 3 weeks I'll take it. If I can motivate myself to run some I could likely get down to 225 this week.. but the big accomplishment was going into the 3rd belt hole this morning. Down another notch.
    I need to start cooking some more now, already tired of lettuce wrapped burgers. Need to finish up all the fruit in the house and stop nibbling on that, carbs add up too quick.

vCash
    I'll tell you my wife is on her 4th week but what she's doing I find stressful. She's weighing and calculating everything - fats, carbs, and protein.

If y'all are tracking Keto macros, how?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    I'll tell you my wife is on her 4th week but what she's doing I find stressful. She's weighing and calculating everything - fats, carbs, and protein.

If y'all are tracking Keto macros, how?

Damn.. i fell back off a while ago. and haven't gotten back up... enjoying some craft beer right now in fact.. my hardest thing to give up.. not because i need the alcohol. but because i love the flavors and i have A LOT around the house.

You asked how we tracked our macros. the simplest way is using a program like myfitnesspal especially if eating out or cooking something simple. But don't stress too much over it. Keep your carbs low (say under 30 net) and eat healthy fats and proteins.

Hope your wife is doing well on it.