Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SSSSSSSSSSSTTT

vCash

SSSSSSSSSSSTTT

friend of mine son posing with rattler over 9' ... pulled this off facebook ... somewhere in Jones County I think

big rattler_n.jpg

vCash
    That's a pretty long stick**

vCash
    That is terrifying

Banned
    vCash
    Good lawrd I didn't know they came in the XXL size :O

vCash
    if they're not going to mount that, I want it. full mount next to my front door....

THAT. IS. AWESOME.

vCash
    guys, look at the depth perspective... like holding a fish close to the camera.... big snake, but not that big...

eta: at least that's the way I see it... if it's real, that's a BIG F'n snake...

vCash
    do

vCash
    it makes it look bigger for sure, but they could claim it was 10 feet if that was the case... assuming this kid is around 6' tall. I think it's easily 6-7 feet on the short end, and have no reason to doubt that it's a full 9. 4.5 up and 4.5 back down looks legit to me.

vCash
    Look at the size if it's head, the amount of rattles, and how thick it is. It is a really big snake is the conclusion I have come to.

vCash
    The largest, documented eastern diamondback was 7.8' and that one was killed in 1946. Supposedly, an 8' and 8.25' specimen have been reported but those numbers could not be verified. 7 footers are very, very rare.

vCash
    well, it's probably not 9 feet then... but it's still bigger than anything if ever want to see in the woods.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    well, it's probably not 9 feet then... but it's still bigger than anything if ever want to see in the woods.
    The average 3.5 to 5.5 footers are bigger than I want to see. Those things give me the heebie jeebies.

vCash
    negative ... I personally know the retired game warden in Jones county and he himself killed one on a tractor that was almost completely 9' .... he also witnessed a big black panther that was killed on Rocky creek in Jones county but since he saw it only after it was killed (freshly killed) it couldn't be considered a "confirmed sighting" ... last "confirmed" sighting was around 1906 ..... believe me - records are misleading
    ETA - this isn't internet garbage - I know this kid's mother
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 10-24-2013 at 08:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    negative ... I personally know the retired game warden in Jones county and he himself killed one on a tractor that was almost completely 9' .... he also witnessed a big black panther that was killed on Rocky creek in Jones county but since he saw it only after it was killed (freshly killed) it couldn't be considered a "confirmed sighting" ... last "confirmed" sighting was around 1906 ..... believe me - records are misleading
    ETA - this isn't internet garbage - I know this kid's mother
    When was this taken?

vCash
    couple days ago

vCash
    couple days ago
    Sorry
    http://247sports.com/Board/30/this-t...oss-15564625/1

vCash
    she posted it on facebook a couple days ago and said it was her son ... maybe I'm being catfished !

vCash
    she posted it on facebook a couple days ago and said it was her son ... maybe I'm being catfished !
    Yeah I saw it posted on 247 several months ago and a few months before that on tiger droppings, it's just to much traffic on TD to try to find the thread

vCash

I saw that pic over a year ago.

It was going around in several emails chains I received

vCash
    I wasn't going to spoil the party. I saw this pic a couple years ago. But still that's a badass snake.