Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thompson vs Stevens Career Stats

vCash

Thompson vs Stevens Career Stats

Based on recent threads, I expected Stevens to have a few more career throws.

K Thompson
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...ytaon-thompson

T Stevens
    http://www.espn.com/college-football.../tommy-stevens

vCash
    I just hope he understands that the Big 10 has a few good defenses but the SEC is a whole different level when it come to defenses. I think Moorhead learned the hard way. If I am not mistaken Iowa had negative rushing yards in the out back bowl.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I just hope he understands that the Big 10 has a few good defenses but the SEC is a whole different level when it come to defenses. I think Moorhead learned the hard way. If I am not mistaken Iowa had negative rushing yards in the out back bowl.
    Iowa had a majority of their yardage on a handful of plays. We either stuffed them and a punt, or they hit a homerun.

vCash
    Keytaon has more throws in Moorhead's offense than Stevens.

vCash
    Stevens is a hope and a prayer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungB View Post
    Keytaon has more throws in Moorhead's offense than Stevens.
    Game throws? KT 39 attempts, Stevens 41 (they ran the same offense this season)

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Stevens is a hope and a prayer
    Better break out the bread and wine then, and get an early start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Better break out the bread and wine then, and get an early start.
    Not so much that he will come, but that he will be any better than what we got

vCash
    Not so much that he will come, but that he will be any better than what we got
    Explain ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Explain ...
    Preface by saying I don't know if KT is the answer.

Stevens has maybe even less game experience than KT. He has never been a starter in college. He has recent injury issues and obviously was looking like he was not going to win the job at Penn State. Its far from clear cut to me that he can come in and actually be any good, especially in the SEC.

vCash
    Preface by saying I don't know if KT is the answer.

Stevens has maybe even less game experience than KT. He has never been a starter in college. He has recent injury issues and obviously was looking like he was not going to win the job at Penn State. Its far from clear cut to me that he can come in and actually be any good, especially in the SEC.
    I don’t think anyone has ever said Stevens is the savior. He may come here an blow up tho.
    Thing is CJM is doing things to make this team better . Which we can all get behind

vCash
    QB that knows JoeMo's O and has experience in it ... check
    Another QB in case of injury; possible starter .. check
    Available positions under 85 .. check
    Competition should help ALL QBs .. check

More positives than negatives
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I don’t think anyone has ever said Stevens is the savior. He may come here an blow up tho.
    Thing is CJM is doing things to make this team better . Which we can all get behind
    I agree with that.

I just hope he has a plan for 2020. A 1 year rental that isn't significantly better will just keep KT from getting valuable experience going into his senior year. That is, assuming Moorhead ever wants him to be the starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Game throws? KT 39 attempts, Stevens 41 (they ran the same offense this season)
    By adding an additional year with a different coordinator you can get to 41 game throws. I'm not sure that materially changes what I was making note of. There isn't a huge chasm in experience levels given the game throws and Keytaon going through 2 spring practices.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    QB that knows JoeMo's O and has experience in it ... check
    Another QB in case of injury; possible starter .. check
    Available positions under 85 .. check
    Competition should help ALL QBs .. check

More positives than negatives
    agree

vCash
    He’s not a difference maker. But maybe he helps us. Bout sums it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungB View Post
    By adding an additional year with a different coordinator you can get to 41 game throws. I'm not sure that materially changes what I was making note of. There isn't a huge chasm in experience levels given the game throws and Keytaon going through 2 spring practices.
    Stevens springs under Moorehead don’t count? And I didn’t say that there was a real difference. Just pointing out that statistically “under Moorehead’s offense” which they are still running, he actually had more throws in games.

vCash
    Quarterbacking is more than passing. I think based on what I have seen that Stevens runs Joe's offense better at this point. The stats don't measure the reads on handoffs on the option and things like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Quarterbacking is more than passing. I think based on what I have seen that Stevens runs Joe's offense better at this point. The stats don't measure the reads on handoffs on the option and things like that.
    Very very true

vCash
    If I poured the purest of purified water on your head, some of you would still call it piss.