Thread: New Star Wars Trilogies?

vCash

New Star Wars Trilogies?

It sounds like the Game of Thrones directors are going to do one and then Rian Johnson is going to be doing another separate trilogy at the same time?

After the Last Jedi they should just leave Rian Johnson out completely. I'm sure he's a good director but his Star Wars movie was the worst one I have seen. Maybe he has learned his lesson.

I kind of wish that instead of continuing the Skywalker Saga that they had done separate trilogies with totally different characters like Rogue One.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I

After the Last Jedi they should just leave Rian Johnson out completely. I'm sure he's a good director
    Agreed.

He actually is a really good director. Looper is a great scifi film. I still remember being super excited when it was announced he was helming TLJ. He's definitely got an eye for visual grandness and story telling....as long as it's his story, and not one he's trying to cram a square version of something he envisions into a round hole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Agreed.

He actually is a really good director. Looper is a great scifi film. I still remember being super excited when it was announced he was helming TLJ. He's definitely got an eye for visual grandness and story telling....as long as it's his story, and not one he's trying to cram a square version of something he envisions into a round hole.
    TLJ is a great film as far as cinematography, just a few things didn't fit with the total narrative. He might do a great job with his own trilogy.

I saw a rumor that the Game of thrones guys might be doing a movie about the original Sith Wars and how the Jedi originally won. It definitely could be interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    TLJ is a great film as far as cinematography, just a few things didn't fit with the total narrative.
    Oh for sure. And plenty is wrong with TLJ, from story, to tone, to continuity. Frustrating is my best word to describe that film, but we've been over that already.

That's interesting, regarding GoT writers....I'd be really interested in seeing a "Knights of the Old Republic" era SW movie. That could be bad ass. Or even something earlier than that...like the absolute origins of it all. Would be a total fresh take on SW, so far removed from the Skywalker saga, they'd basically have cart blanche on how to take it.

vCash
    sorry, I don't have 40 more years to wait on them to finish out the story line.

vCash
    Oh for sure. And plenty is wrong with TLJ, from story, to tone, to continuity. Frustrating is my best word to describe that film, but we've been over that already.

That's interesting, regarding GoT writers....I'd be really interested in seeing a "Knights of the Old Republic" era SW movie. That could be bad ass. Or even something earlier than that...like the absolute origins of it all. Would be a total fresh take on SW, so far removed from the Skywalker saga, they'd basically have cart blanche on how to take it.
    This is what I am hoping for, some type of the beginning of the force users. I would also take a Knights of the Old Republic, there has actually been some cool story lines coming from the game side of Lucas Arts.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    TLJ is a great film as far as cinematography, just a few things didn't fit with the total narrative. He might do a great job with his own trilogy.

I saw a rumor that the Game of thrones guys might be doing a movie about the original Sith Wars and how the Jedi originally won. It definitely could be interesting.
    I bet the Jedi won by pulling some dirty shit on the Sith.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

The game of throne writers have terribly messed up GOTs since they ran out of book material. Just for the simple fact they do not allow characters to have the main conversations on screen during the last season of the show.
    1. Tyrion and Bran discussion on what Bran has been up to.
    1b. Tyrion realizing the man in the tree is Brynden Rivers. Blood Raven. Man. Not to mention the show didn't even include his injured eye or his birthmark.
    2. Sansa and Dany
    3. Sansa, Arya, and Jon
    4. Tyrion and Cersei last season.

Terrible writing in every episode this season. Terrible pacing in seasons 3-8 also. An entire season for the High Sparrow. Give me a break.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    The game of throne writers have terribly messed up GOTs since they ran out of book material. Just for the simple fact they do not allow characters to have the main conversations on screen during the last season of the show.
    1. Tyrion and Bran discussion on what Bran has been up to.
    1b. Tyrion realizing the man in the tree is Brynden Rivers. Blood Raven. Man. Not to mention the show didn't even include his injured eye or his birthmark.
    2. Sansa and Dany
    3. Sansa, Arya, and Jon
    4. Tyrion and Cersei last season.

Terrible writing in every episode this season. Terrible pacing in seasons 3-8 also. An entire season for the High Sparrow. Give me a break.
    GOT have been all over the place as far as writing. It makes me think if GRRM ever actually finishes another book that it might be a different story. Supposedly the show will have the same ending but might get there differently so I am wondering if GRRM even ends the book differently now since it will end a minimum 5-10 years after the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I bet the Jedi won by pulling some dirty shit on the Sith.
    History is written by the winners, who is to say that the Sith were originally the "evil" force users.

vCash
    Man, y'all are difficult. I've really enjoyed this season of GOT. Episode 2 sort of sucked but other than that I've enjoyed it. I didn't read the books. Haven't read fiction since college, so that's probably why the discrepancies don't bother be. The books are always better than the screen adaptions.

vCash
    Back to Star Wars. I'd love to see the Sith vs Jedi war. Could be a great 3-part series or a single movie. And I agree with the above post that more spin offs like Rogue One would be cool.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Agreed.

Ditto on Looper. It's solid. I really dug Brick, too. Totally different type of movie, of course. But it shows the dude knows how to tell a story.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Sort-of-but-not-really-at-all related:

Found that randomly while wasting time at the office.

vCash
    As far a Star Wars goes, I'm still one of the guys that wishes they would do the Thrawn Trilogy. He was a bad ass! Those that have read the books will know what I'm talking about. Also, I'm not one of those that has to see Hamill, Ford and Fisher playing their characters. I got into Star Wars not because of the actors but because of the story so I wouldn't have a problem with different actors playing these characters in this trilogy which takes place 5 years after Return of the Jedi.

vCash
    It has been a long time since I read it but it was a great story what I remember of it.