4 Omaha* 4 Samford*
    3 Illinois State 3 Sam Houston State*
    2 Oklahoma State 2 Clemson

MSU #11 seed paired with Arky #6 seed
    Seems we play Samford every year.

vCash
    Arkansas lost last night.

vCash
    Too early to really know are worry about. Just keep winning and things will take care of itself.

vCash
    We will end up higher than an 11. I still think we get a national seed. I think we take 2 from Georgia and Ole Miss, 1 from TAMU, and 2 from SC. Gives up 17 conference wins.

We need our series wins to do well going forward. Would be great if Auburn could find a way to take 2 from Vandy and would be great if OM could take 2 from TAMU. Our SOS is 46. It's going to continue to come down, but we have to get wins against our tough opponents. 2 of 3 this weekend would be a big start towards a solid finish and getting to that national seed goal.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 04-25-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    We will end up higher than an 11. I still think we get a national seed. I think we take 2 from Georgia and Ole Miss, 1 from TAMU, and 2 from SEC. Gives up 17 conference wins.

We need our series wins to do well going forward. Would be great if Auburn could find a way to take 2 from Vandy and would be great if OM could take 2 from TAMU. Our SOS is 46. It's going to continue to come down, but we have to get wins against our tough opponents. 2 of 3 this weekend would be a big start towards a solid finish and getting to that national seed goal.
    I am with you, I still think we get a national seed as we win enough down the stretch.

vCash
    I think 11 is about right for now. We're 12 in RPI, but we deserve slightly better than that right now. Our Q1 wins will inflate us slightly above that 12.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I think 11 is about right for now. We're 12 in RPI, but we deserve slightly better than that right now. Our Q1 wins will inflate us slightly above that 12.
    I think they put us at 11 for the potential rematch with Arkansas in that projection. I don't think they will make us go somewhere that we have played before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think they put us at 11 for the potential rematch with Arkansas in that projection. I don't think they will make us go somewhere that we have played before.
    It won’t matter because Arkansas won’t be a national seed.

vCash
    Arkansas won’t be a national seed. They not only lost to Northwestern State but also lost to UALR. As the season progresses, we will see that the Arkansas sweep was more us playing like crap then how great Arkansas was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Arkansas won?t be a national seed. They not only lost to Northwestern State but also lost to UALR. As the season progresses, we will see that the Arkansas sweep was more us playing like crap then how great Arkansas was.
    Hell, we're over 75% of the way through the season... So far they've progressed pretty damn good. They might not maintain their national seed, but those 2 losses aren't that big of a deal. Both teams are around 100 RPI. Even UCLA lost to Sacramento State, who is probably a worse team than either of those, or at least about the same. Point being, you can't just hand pick 2 games that determine how good a team is. Pretty much everyone is going to lose games they shouldn't and win games they shouldn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Hell, we're over 75% of the way through the season... So far they've progressed pretty damn good. They might not maintain their national seed, but those 2 losses aren't that big of a deal. Both teams are around 100 RPI. Even UCLA lost to Sacramento State, who is probably a worse team than either of those, or at least about the same. Point being, you can't just hand pick 2 games that determine how good a team is. Pretty much everyone is going to lose games they shouldn't and win games they shouldn't.
    They’ll host but they aren’t a national seed. They got a huge bump from sweeping us and we played more like shit then they played well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    They?ll host but they aren?t a national seed. They got a huge bump from sweeping us and we played more like shit then they played well.
    Last year Arkansas lost to Cal Poly, San Diego, Kent State and Charlotte. Nearly lost to ULM and Grambling State too. Still were a national seed...as long as you still end up with a top 5-10 RPI the losses to smaller teams don't hurt you as much. At least in the SEC where you'll get plenty of opportunities against great teams to raise your RPI.

vCash
    A Georgia Tech Regional would be great. It would be a home field advantage to us. GT fans have no soul for baseball . Our fans dominated theirs in 2011 Regional.

I even had the little kid sitting next to me ask him mom if he could root for the Mississippi team? Only problem, Mom wanted to talk all game long

vCash
    Arkansas has a really solid chance at 19 conference wins with Tennessee, Kentucky, LSU, and Texas A&M.

If they do that they are a national seed and would be very deserving of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Arkansas has a really solid chance at 19 conference wins with Tennessee, Kentucky, LSU, and Texas A&M.

If they do that they are a national seed and would be very deserving of that.
    This is what people need to understand. Conference wins and standing take precedent.

The other thing that people need to understand though is we don't necessarily have to pass Arkansas in the standings. Passing Georgia or Vanderbilt would work just as well.

vCash
    This is what people need to understand. Conference wins and standing take precedent.

The other thing that people need to understand though is we don't necessarily have to pass Arkansas in the standings. Passing Georgia or Vanderbilt would work just as well.
    vandy has way too easy of a conference schedule left that us passing them is prolly not gonna happen. We might pass Georgia though but they're stout as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    vandy has way too easy of a conference schedule left that us passing them is prolly not gonna happen. We might pass Georgia though but they're stout as well.
    We also don't have to pass all of them. We just need to finish ahead of one of them.

vCash
    We also don't have to pass all of them. We just need to finish ahead of one of them.
    At 18 wins I believe we will be a national seed. I think it will be us Georgia and Vandy.