Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GOT: Season 8

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    That's the problem. We all know this wasn't a show that was likely to have a happy ending for very many of the characters. By throwing Jon & Dany under the bus and trying to give everyone else a happy ending, they stepped on the entire emotional arc of the previous seasons. Don't be afraid to kill a bunch of characters and have the place still in 17ing flames if that's what you've been setting up for 7.5 seasons. I think they got afraid of fan backlash, tried to go for a happier ending than what was originally planned, and created the very shitstorm they were afraid of in the first place.
    Soooa better ending would be for everyone to get killed and then cut to black? Wow you are dark.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    What's wrong with the writing? What makes writing bad in your book?
    Six episodes of "She's muh QWEEEN!" for one. He literally came back from the dead to **** and then shank his aunt. That's shitty storytelling. Sorry, it just is.

After season 4 the main characters got dumber and dumber. They made decisions in seasons 7 and 8 that would have been completely out of character in season four, where most of the major character arcs were starting to come into fruition.

As one Youtuber also pointed out: Gendry would have lasted two hours at Storm's End. Those still loyal to Stannis would have beaten him to a pulp and left him in the street. They NEVER would have agreed to have the bastard son of Robert run Storm's End. Again, this could have been explored in other episodes where a true story of how Gendry proved himself to the people of Storm Lands could have been established.

Just like with the Russo Brothers post Endgame if you have to explain why certain characters did certain things then your writing was insufficient.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I think the books are going to have a very different ending for the various characters. GRRM has put way too many clues in for other endings to abandon them the way D&D did.
    Yes.

You already know my thoughts on it.

The show ending as sheit is all GRRM's fault.
    FB_IMG_1558503034997.jpg
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Samwell almost invented democracy. That's noteworthy.

The arrogance of Bron to say "I didn't come back for nothing" or whatever he said seemed out of character too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Samwell almost invented democracy. That's noteworthy.

The arrogance of Bron to say "I didn't come back for nothing" or whatever he said seemed out of character too.
    EXACTLY!

Remember when the Reed girl comes to him before leaving Winterfell in season 7? She wants an emotional reaction to a) her leaving after all they've been through and b) a posthumous thank you to her brother who sacrificed his life so Bran could live.

What did she get? A stone faced response along the lines of "I'm not human anymore. I don't have feelings. I'm something else. I'm the Three Eyed Raven."

And then in the last episode we learn it's all so he could be king and that's where he knew he was going to wind up all along. WTF?!!

And he didn't warg into a dragon, not even once. That's shitty writing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    EXACTLY!

Remember when the Reed girl comes to him before leaving Winterfell in season 7? She wants an emotional reaction to a) her leaving after all they've been through and b) a posthumous thank you to her brother who sacrificed his life so Bran could live.

What did she get? A stone faced response along the lines of "I'm not human anymore. I don't have feelings. I'm something else. I'm the Three Eyed Raven."

And then in the last episode we learn it's all so he could be king and that's where he knew he was going to wind up all along. WTF?!!

And he didn't warg into a dragon, not even once. That's shitty writing.
    This is why we needed more episodes to develop Bran's character as well as Dany.

vCash

Pretty much spot on.