Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GOT: Season 8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    But it was an hour and twenty two minute episode.
    Read some fan theories, and some think the NK isn't completely dead. They theorized that he passed part of himself to bran when he marked him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The battle with the dead was what I looked forward to the most so I'm pretty disappointed it ended in 1 episode without the night king even using his sword
    I agree, I wish that Jon had gotten to him and had some type of fight with the Night King then raising the dead to go after Bran. The battle itself was great but as much as I LOVED Arya going ninja and killing him, that was a little anticlimatic.

vCash
    One thing that bothered me about the episode was Jon staring at the Ice Dragon. My wife read an article that explained it. Jon stood up to draw the dragon's attention and then he was yelling Go to Arya to run by. That is how Arya got close to the NK and you see one of the Lt hair blow as she runs by. It makes a lot more sense that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    One thing that bothered me about the episode was Jon staring at the Ice Dragon. My wife read an article that explained it. Jon stood up to draw the dragon's attention and then he was yelling Go to Arya to run by. That is how Arya got close to the NK and you see one of the Lt hair blow as she runs by. It makes a lot more sense that way.
    I read that article too. I'm not quite buying it.

vCash
    Read some fan theories, and some think the NK isn't completely dead. They theorized that he passed part of himself to bran when he marked him
    90% of the fan theories are have turned out to be shit.

vCash
    Welp....that shit took a dark turn.

vCash
    Another dragon bites the dust. Grey Worm is a pissed off m'fer now.

vCash
    She turned and ran when the battle got tough.

She's lost the north. She's lost the wildlings. She's lost most of her army. She's lost 2 of her 3 dragons. She lost the strongest claim to the throne.

I have to think all this loss isn't foreshadowing and that it's setting us up to expect failure, or she's about to go mad. Either way, I'm totally expecting someone other than the 3 main power players left to sit on the throne.

Arya is not a lady!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    She turned and ran when the battle got tough.

She's lost the north. She's lost the wildlings. She's lost most of her army. She's lost 2 of her 3 dragons. She lost the strongest claim to the throne.

I have to think all this loss isn't foreshadowing and that it's setting us up to expect failure, or she's about to go mad. Either way, I'm totally expecting someone other than the 3 main power players left to sit on the throne.

Arya is not a lady!!!
    Sansa whereas Littlefinger did all of the hard work. He trained her but he was behind everything to begin with.

vCash
    I got a friend that is adamant the Arryn boy winds up on the throne. Everyone else dies.

I told him he's full of shit. Dany put Gendry on the Iron Throne by legitimizing him as a Baratheon and Lord of Storms End.

vCash
    I got a friend that is adamant the Arryn boy winds up on the throne. Everyone else dies.

I told him he's full of shit. Dany put Gendry on the Iron Throne by legitimizing him as a Baratheon and Lord of Storms End.
    No, it's going to be Tyrion and Sansa as co-rulers. Book it. Gendry & Arya are going to marry and rule in Winterfell. Arya's going to realize she doesn't have to be a classic, stereotypical "lady" to be a Lady. The Hound is going to be mortally wounded fighting The Mountain and Arya is going to give her buddy the Gift of Mercy. Full circle moment from season 3 (I think) when he asks for it and she leaves him to die. Then she kills The Mountain. Only question I have on that is whether or not she loses a hand doing it.

I'm still 100% sure Dany is going to die in childbirth. The only question I have is whether or not Jon swaps his life for hers. If he does, I think she abdicates the throne to go raise her child in peace somewhere, honoring Jon's sacrifice. That's why I think it'll be Tyrion and Sansa. They hinted at it during a couple of crypt scenes in Ep. 3. And I've decided none of the dragons are going to survive. Of course, it they go the Mad Queen route, all bets are off.

Sam lives and is made Grand Maester in Old Town. He's going to reform the Order so women can be Maesters too and Gilly becomes the first female maester.

After that, I'm not sure. I think Jaime and Brienne wind up together, but I'm not sure of Jaime's ultimate fate. Hand to Tyrion & Sansa? Lord of Casterly Rock & Warden of the West? Head of the King & Queen's Guard? I could see several different endings for him. Davos...I hope he lives, but I'm thinking he dies. But he'd be a badass Hand if he lives. Grey Worm is going to die, I think. Pod - I hope he lives, but I could see it going either way. Yara - I think she dies trying to kill Euron. Sure I'm still missing a couple of characters, but that's what I've got for now. (I'm assuming every key member of the Cersei faction dies - Euron, Pycell, Cersei, etc.)
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    No, it's going to be Tyrion and Sansa as co-rulers. Book it. Gendry & Arya are going to marry and rule in Winterfell. Arya's going to realize she doesn't have to be a classic, stereotypical "lady" to be a Lady. The Hound is going to be mortally wounded fighting The Mountain and Arya is going to give her buddy the Gift of Mercy. Full circle moment from season 3 (I think) when he asks for it and she leaves him to die. Then she kills The Mountain. Only question I have on that is whether or not she loses a hand doing it.

I'm still 100% sure Dany is going to die in childbirth. The only question I have is whether or not Jon swaps his life for hers. If he does, I think she abdicates the throne to go raise her child in peace somewhere, honoring Jon's sacrifice. That's why I think it'll be Tyrion and Sansa. They hinted at it during a couple of crypt scenes in Ep. 3. And I've decided none of the dragons are going to survive. Of course, it they go the Mad Queen route, all bets are off.

Sam lives and is made Grand Maester in Old Town. He's going to reform the Order so women can be Maesters too and Gilly becomes the first female maester.

After that, I'm not sure. I think Jaime and Brienne wind up together, but I'm not sure of Jaime's ultimate fate. Hand to Tyrion & Sansa? Lord of Casterly Rock & Warden of the West? Head of the King & Queen's Guard? I could see several different endings for him. Davos...I hope he lives, but I'm thinking he dies. But he'd be a badass Hand if he lives. Grey Worm is going to die, I think. Pod - I hope he lives, but I could see it going either way. Yara - I think she dies trying to kill Euron. Sure I'm still missing a couple of characters, but that's what I've got for now. (I'm assuming every key member of the Cersei faction dies - Euron, Pycell, Cersei, etc.)
    Jamie kills Cersei b/c it fits perfectly with her prophecy. But I think Jamie dies in the process.

I think Yara comes after Euron. Either she kills him or Jamie does.

I think Dany incinerates King's Landing and this gets her the Mad Queen title. Ep 6 is the reconciliation of that act w/ Jon having to kill Dany b/c she wants to kill everyone that opposes her now.

Winterfell becomes the seat of power for the 7 kingdoms and Sansa is the queen.

vCash
    I think they should form a counsel after the mad queen dies. Democracy is born as dragons and the dead disappear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I think they should form a counsel after the mad queen dies. Democracy is born as dragons and the dead disappear.
    I agree, and trump should head the council (I kid, i kid)

vCash
    I agree, and trump should head the council (I kid, i kid)
    Obama for the Iron Throne! Lol.

I do think they're going to kill all the boogie men creatures and dragons and everything else to where only man survives. No three eyed raven. No dragons. No walking dead. That's how they become "only stories."

vCash
    If the leaks on Redditt are true there are gonna some very pissed off people.

vCash
    If the leaks on Redditt are true there are gonna some very pissed off people.
    If there are some really pissed off people, I don't know what to say. GRRM and the producers have been very consistent in saying the ending will be "bittersweet." It won't be an ending everyone "likes" but I do think it'll make sense in the context of the larger story being told. But as I said, it seems the show has taken a very different route than the one GRRM has/had planned for the books. I really think they're going to be pretty different after all.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    They have to do something to shock viewers. Having Jon reign would be too easy and predictable. Samwell for the Iron throne!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    If there are some really pissed off people, I don't know what to say. GRRM and the producers have been very consistent in saying the ending will be "bittersweet." It won't be an ending everyone "likes" but I do think it'll make sense in the context of the larger story being told. But as I said, it seems the show has taken a very different route than the one GRRM has/had planned for the books. I really think they're going to be pretty different after all.
    Not bittersweet. A let down that you've spent 8 yrs following this show and that's the best ending they can come up with.

vCash
    Not bittersweet. A let down that you've spent 8 yrs following this show and that's the best ending they can come up with.
    If Jon has to kill Dany then it will probably be bittersweet. If Jon is basically forced to rule then it kind of follows with "heavy is the head that wears the crown". He would be happier doing something else but does it out of obligation. Dany wants the throne because she thinks it is her destiny, Cersei wants it for the power, Sansa would want it also for the power but would be a better ruler than Cersei, and no one else is really up for it. Anyone outside of those 4 really is a curve ball.