Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GOT: Season 8

vCash
    Samwell would be a great hand. So is Tyrian. I think they should let those two battle to the death. Winner gets to pick the King/Queen.

vCash
    Great episode and loved how Arya finished it. My wife called it when the red woman said she would kill blue eyes. I guess the TV show is just throwing all of the prophecy stuff out the window.

vCash
    Holy Shit! That was a great episode. Arya coming in to kill the Night King was epic. For a moment there I thought Bran was gonna pull of some kinda Professor X psychic warfare stuff and hinder the Night King enough for Jon to level the killing blow. Nope. Bran just sits there like bait. But, of course he knew this would come to pass...yawn.

The characters that died were expected. I'm not surprised except for young Lady Mormount. I think she should have survived.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Holy Shit! That was a great episode. Arya coming in to kill the Night King was epic. For a moment there I thought Bran was gonna pull of some kinda Professor X psychic warfare stuff and hinder the Night King enough for Jon to level the killing blow. Nope. Bran just sits there like bait. But, of course he knew this would come to pass...yawn.

The characters that died were expected. I'm not surprised except for young Lady Mormount. I think she should have survived.
    They did give her one of the best deaths in the entire show. She died like a BOSS. I did like that Arya basically was trained for the last several years for that instant. If she isn't like a ninja then she doesn't get close to him like that. I was wondering what Bran was going to actually do. I thought the 3 eyed raven would do something other than worg into a raven to fly around. I thought he was going to take over the dragon but nope, just being boring.

They kind of turned it on its head with Jon getting trapped by the dragon. I will say that GRRM definitely has the ability to change things in the books. The Children of the Forest have basically been nonexistent except for getting Bran to the 3 eyed raven. All of the prophecy stuff didn't apply. No real mention of why the Red Priestess just accepted death after either. I figured she used most of her power to light the swords and trench but still would have liked some type of resolution. I just hope Bran maybe gives more information at some point.

Right now, the theories about Bran becoming Bran the Builder and then maybe the Night King is actually more interesting than the show ended up being.

Now there will be an episode building to Episode 5 battle. I bet the Battle for the Iron Throne will be pretty cool also. Then Episode 6 will be the conclusion of the Battle and the final ending or maybe the battle will be over in Episode 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    They did give her one of the best deaths in the entire show. She died like a BOSS. I did like that Arya basically was trained for the last several years for that instant. If she isn't like a ninja then she doesn't get close to him like that. I was wondering what Bran was going to actually do. I thought the 3 eyed raven would do something other than worg into a raven to fly around. I thought he was going to take over the dragon but nope, just being boring.

They kind of turned it on its head with Jon getting trapped by the dragon. I will say that GRRM definitely has the ability to change things in the books. The Children of the Forest have basically been nonexistent except for getting Bran to the 3 eyed raven. All of the prophecy stuff didn't apply. No real mention of why the Red Priestess just accepted death after either. I figured she used most of her power to light the swords and trench but still would have liked some type of resolution. I just hope Bran maybe gives more information at some point.

Right now, the theories about Bran becoming Bran the Builder and then maybe the Night King is actually more interesting than the show ended up being.

Now there will be an episode building to Episode 5 battle. I bet the Battle for the Iron Throne will be pretty cool also. Then Episode 6 will be the conclusion of the Battle and the final ending or maybe the battle will be over in Episode 5.
    The Golden Company ain't no screaming horde of Dathraki. They are well trained and Strickland is a military genius. That should be epic.

vCash
    The Golden Company ain't no screaming horde of Dathraki. They are well trained and Strickland is a military genius. That should be epic.
    I honestly wonder how many people are left after the Battle at Winterfell. The Golden Company + Lannister army + Euron Greyjoy fleet should be more than enough even with 2 dragons on Dany's side. The opening credits also show the big scorpion that almost took out a Dragon with Bronn firing it from the wagon. You would think that they have had time to have plenty built to defend Kings Landing.

vCash
    I honestly wonder how many people are left after the Battle at Winterfell. The Golden Company + Lannister army + Euron Greyjoy fleet should be more than enough even with 2 dragons on Dany's side. The opening credits also show the big scorpion that almost took out a Dragon with Bronn firing it from the wagon. You would think that they have had time to have plenty built to defend Kings Landing.
    That's true. I think Yara kills Euron. I kinda wish Euron was a little like the book version. I haven't read all the books but from what I gather Euron is a dabbler of black magic and has been educated by the warlocks with the night shade blue lips to show for it.

vCash
    That's true. I think Yara kills Euron. I kinda wish Euron was a little like the book version. I haven't read all the books but from what I gather Euron is a dabbler of black magic and has been educated by the warlocks with the night shade blue lips to show for it.
    He also has a horn that is supposed to control dragons. It has been a few years since I read it though.

vCash
    He also has a horn that is supposed to control dragons. It has been a few years since I read it though.
    That's right. Supposedly he's the only person to ever visit the ruins of Valyria and live.

vCash
    Y'all are confusing me with all this reading nonsense...

I expected Arya to make a huge kill at some point, but I thought she'd be sneaking into King's Landing for that job. Hope she's not done. She's become one of my favorite characters.

Are the dragons ok? I know at least one was, but not sure both were. Was that clear by the ending?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Y'all are confusing me with all this reading nonsense...

I expected Arya to make a huge kill at some point, but I thought she'd be sneaking into King's Landing for that job. Hope she's not done. She's become one of my favorite characters.

Are the dragons ok? I know at least one was, but not sure both were. Was that clear by the ending?
    Read an article that said both dragons were spotted in the trailer for next week's episode. I wonder if she somehow kills Cersie since she is on the list.

vCash
    I expected a few more minor character deaths this past week, but I knew all the "big" characters (Sansa, Jon, Arya, Bran, Tyrion, Jaime, Dany, Brienne) would live. They've got to be around for the battle for the Iron Throne. Looks like they've definitely thrown out the prophecies relating to the Night King in the show. Now I'm more convinced than ever that the show & the books will be significantly different. I originally thought they were heading to the same ending but would get there different ways. Now that the prophecies are out the window for the show, I think they're heading somewhere different. They're making changes for surprise value now. GRRM isn't going to toss it out.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I expected a few more minor character deaths this past week, but I knew all the "big" characters (Sansa, Jon, Arya, Bran, Tyrion, Jaime, Dany, Brienne) would live. They've got to be around for the battle for the Iron Throne. Looks like they've definitely thrown out the prophecies relating to the Night King in the show. Now I'm more convinced than ever that the show & the books will be significantly different. I originally thought they were heading to the same ending but would get there different ways. Now that the prophecies are out the window for the show, I think they're heading somewhere different. They're making changes for surprise value now. GRRM isn't going to toss it out.
    I thought when Melisandre showed up it was to even the odds a little with her magic. She was an effing Bic lighter in two scenes. I was hoping she would throw down with a white walker and go nuclear to take him out with about a thousand wights.

vCash
    I thought when Melisandre showed up it was to even the odds a little with her magic. She was an effing Bic lighter in two scenes. I was hoping she would throw down with a white walker and go nuclear to take him out with about a thousand wights.
    I think she used pretty much all the juice she had left. That's why she dropped the amulet and let the wind blow her away. Magic has a price in this world, and I'm sure she's used all her currency.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I think she used pretty much all the juice she had left. That's why she dropped the amulet and let the wind blow her away. Magic has a price in this world, and I'm sure she's used all her currency.
    The amulet was pretty dim when she took it off so I think you are right. It went dark when she dropped it.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    I just kinda want to see this happen. During the fight at Kings landing, Jon and danys army is getting smashed, but at the end Dario Naharis comes in to save the day with those dang elephants that Cersei didn?t get. To make it even better, have Jaqen Hagar have taken the face of a higher up in essos to take command of the elephants. That exact situation seems implausible, but I definitely think the elephants come into play in the battle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    I just kinda want to see this happen. During the fight at Kings landing, Jon and danys army is getting smashed, but at the end Dario Naharis comes in to save the day with those dang elephants that Cersei didn?t get. To make it even better, have Jaqen Hagar have taken the face of a higher up in essos to take command of the elephants. That exact situation seems implausible, but I definitely think the elephants come into play in the battle.
    I forgot about Dario. He's the captain of the Second Sons now. I bet Dany sends word to him in Essos to sail them to Dragonstone for the Battle of King's Landing.

vCash
    I forgot about Dario. He's the captain of the Second Sons now. I bet Dany sends word to him in Essos to sail them to Dragonstone for the Battle of King's Landing.
    Yes, the Second Sons are supposed to be the next best mercenaries. It would be cool to see elephants and Cersei say some shit.

vCash
    The battle with the dead was what I looked forward to the most so I'm pretty disappointed it ended in 1 episode without the night king even using his sword

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The battle with the dead was what I looked forward to the most so I'm pretty disappointed it ended in 1 episode without the night king even using his sword
    But it was an hour and twenty two minute episode.