Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Game

vCash

Spring Game

Does anyone know if there is a replay planned or a place I can go online to watch the Spring Game. Unfortunately, I was traveling over the weekend and didn't get a chance to watch it. Completely forgot to record it.

I read here where we looked awful then saw them gushing over Moorhead and the offense on ESPN. Mixed messages. Would like to see it for myself.

vCash
    It's still on the "replay" section of WatchESPN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a replay planned or a place I can go online to watch the Spring Game. Unfortunately, I was traveling over the weekend and didn't get a chance to watch it. Completely forgot to record it.

I read here where we looked awful then saw them gushing over Moorhead and the offense on ESPN. Mixed messages. Would like to see it for myself.
    It was a practice in the truest sense of the word. Some good and bad takeaways that I saw were that Guidry needs someone to motivate him to catch the ball or free up that scholarship. Keyton started fairly slow, but threw some good balls later. Jalen looked decisive on throws and will be able to step in and do the job when needed. The new freshman needs a bit of coaching on his throwing motion but does look like he's run this offense before.

My most positive takeaway was that we lined up and called plays in a FAR more organized fashion than at any time last fall. The defensive secondary was pretty good....no, they were better than that. The DL and LB's looked fine although we are certainly missing our stars from last fall.

Running backs looked fine, but a qb is going to have to make the right reads for them to get the big plays.

It wasnt spactacular nor was it as bad as the poo pooers want to make it seem.

If you do get to watch it, watch it more than once. My second time watching it yesterday was when I learned the most.

vCash
    Still nervous about the Dline depth is going to be an issue and may limit our Elite LB core. I also think our Secondary is going to be Elite, but you can only cover for so long and the Dline must create pressure. So defense I think will be a strength but very dependent on how the Dline matures.

Offense we look to have a dominant Oline, great RBs, and serviceable QB. Our WRs are still well below SEC level, gotta let Whop get on the field as he seems to actually have hands on his arms. Keayton and Jalen are interesting both have strengths, but both have glaring holes and will need improvement for a good season. Calling 8-4 ceiling and it is easily hittable. i do not think Ark, KY, and TN are better than us in anyway. OM is bad and win the out of conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    It was a practice in the truest sense of the word. Some good and bad takeaways that I saw were that Guidry needs someone to motivate him to catch the ball or free up that scholarship. Keyton started fairly slow, but threw some good balls later. Jalen looked decisive on throws and will be able to step in and do the job when needed. The new freshman needs a bit of coaching on his throwing motion but does look like he's run this offense before.

My most positive takeaway was that we lined up and called plays in a FAR more organized fashion than at any time last fall. The defensive secondary was pretty good....no, they were better than that. The DL and LB's looked fine although we are certainly missing our stars from last fall.

Running backs looked fine, but a qb is going to have to make the right reads for them to get the big plays.

It wasnt spactacular nor was it as bad as the poo pooers want to make it seem.

If you do get to watch it, watch it more than once. My second time watching it yesterday was when I learned the most.
    Yeah, I went and then watched some of it later on ESPN+. We are not as bad as some of the "experts" on here believe. It was a glorified practice. Some good and some bad. You are very correct with the organization of calling plays. I remember last year my son and I talking about how slow the O looked in the spring and it never got better in the fall. Definite upgrade there.

vCash
    Thank ya'll. I'll look it up one ESPN+.

vCash
    You did not miss anything. Worse spring game ever and could be the worse in the SEC this spring. Wasn't even a game or any of it like a game. It wasn't even a scrimmage. We sat in the cold watching a practice.

vCash
    I think people are starting to realize how pointless spring games are. If you want people to show up, schedule a scrimmage with a G5 school. Keep the the scrimmage rules of not hitting the QB and allow coaches to be on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I think people are starting to realize how pointless spring games are. If you want people to show up, schedule a scrimmage with a G5 school. Keep the the scrimmage rules of not hitting the QB and allow coaches to be on the field.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    This.
    I'd love them to schedule a scrimmage vs another team, but I'll bet the NCAA has a rule or 10 to say about it.

vCash
    I'd love them to schedule a scrimmage vs another team, but I'll bet the NCAA has a rule or 10 to say about it.
    I doubt coaches would want it either.

You know some school that had a coach on the hot seat would fire their coach for a bad Spring game. You know it would happen
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I doubt coaches would want it either.

You know some school that had a coach on the hot seat would fire their coach for a bad Spring game. You know it would happen
    Saban addressed this one time. He said the problem would also be the coaches preparing for a game when they should be working on fundamentals.

vCash
    Since when does the NCAA follow their own rules? Looks like you can do whatever you want and tell the NCAA to eff off with a dozen lawyers behind you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Saban addressed this one time. He said the problem would also be the coaches preparing for a game when they should be working on fundamentals.
    And spring games are really spring practices. Then fans read so much into them that's not there.

vCash
    And spring games are really spring practices. Then fans read so much into them that's not there.
    But don't call it a game. This weekend was just an open to the public practice. Maybe they changed what they were going to do because of field conditions but for the fan this was a totally waste of time.

vCash
    But don't call it a game. This weekend was just an open to the public practice. Maybe they changed what they were going to do because of field conditions but for the fan this was a totally waste of time.
    I wouldn't call it a game. A game implies something that's really not there. There may be a level of competition but it's a controlled environment that doesn't fully simulate game day conditions.

Maybe we could get something by the NCAA (those rat bastards) with an alumni style game. The opposing team is all alumni and it's basically flag style football.

vCash
    I wouldn't call it a game. A game implies something that's really not there. There may be a level of competition but it's a controlled environment that doesn't fully simulate game day conditions.

Maybe we could get something by the NCAA (those rat bastards) with an alumni style game. The opposing team is all alumni and it's basically flag style football.
    How about hiring out the NO Saints practice squad. Now that would be cool.

vCash
    How about hiring out the NO Saints practice squad. Now that would be cool.
    It wouldn't be. They would kill our players, literally.

vCash
    NFL teams scrimmage each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared_Hitless View Post
    Still nervous about the Dline depth is going to be an issue and may limit our Elite LB core. I also think our Secondary is going to be Elite, but you can only cover for so long and the Dline must create pressure. So defense I think will be a strength but very dependent on how the Dline matures.

Offense we look to have a dominant Oline, great RBs, and serviceable QB. Our WRs are still well below SEC level, gotta let Whop get on the field as he seems to actually have hands on his arms. Keayton and Jalen are interesting both have strengths, but both have glaring holes and will need improvement for a good season. Calling 8-4 ceiling and it is easily hittable. i do not think Ark, KY, and TN are better than us in anyway. OM is bad and win the out of conference.
    It's not really the Dline. DE's are very good. It's the DT's that are worrisome. We are lacking at DT, WR, and QB.