Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C Spire outage

vCash

C Spire outage

What the hell? My phone would not receive or send voice calls, text messages, and data/internet for 8 hours yesterday and from what I read on social media it affected every wireless customer on their network throughout the entire state of ms and surrounding states. How do you not have backups to your backups on the network to keep that from happening?

vCash
    They suck. It’s been horrible ever since they bought out cellular south. Still the best option for me though due to my area and especially my hunting lease. It’s been like I changed to a small little cheap company ever since the takeover.

vCash
    Pretty scary shit. I have AT&T through work, but my wife has CSpire....I could not get her on the phone after multiple calls yesterday and I was freaking out bc her and my child were driving in the rain. I was scared they had wrecked or something, only to find out CSpire was down. Shows how much we rely on technology

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    They suck. It’s been horrible ever since they bought out cellular south. Still the best option for me though due to my area and especially my hunting lease. It’s been like I changed to a small little cheap company ever since the takeover.
    There was no buy out. Cell So just changed it’s name to C Spire. Same CEO still today as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Pretty scary shit. I have AT&T through work, but my wife has CSpire....I could not get her on the phone after multiple calls yesterday and I was freaking out bc her and my child were driving in the rain. I was scared they had wrecked or something, only to find out CSpire was down. Shows how much we rely on technology
    I know what you mean. My wife is 37 weeks pregnant with our first little bulldog and had zero contact all day. Guess the silver lining is now we have a contingency plan, but makes you feel helpless over a dang cell phone.

vCash
    Glad all y'all's ole ladies & younguns were OK....

On a lighter note, if she carries a big purse, get her this... it ne'er failed me!

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Glad all y'all's ole ladies & younguns were OK....

On a lighter note, if she carries a big purse, get her this... it ne'er failed me!

Ah, the old reliable bag phone! **

vCash
    Switched to Verizon a year ago. This was after 18 years with CSpire/CellSouth. They really are just horrible.

vCash
    In the almost 75 years of the modern era (post-WWII), we somehow survived the vast majority of that time without constant contact...and yes wives were pregnant and drove in the rain, kids stayed at home by themselves and a bunch of other "terrifying" stuff!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    In the almost 75 years of the modern era (post-WWII), we somehow survived the vast majority of that time without constant contact...and yes wives were pregnant and drove in the rain, kids stayed at home by themselves and a bunch of other "terrifying" stuff!
    And you could leave the doors unlocked...we don’t live in that world anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    There was no buy out. Cell So just changed it’s name to C Spire. Same CEO still today as well.
    It completely changed. I’ve been with them for over 20 years. It has gone downhill since they “only changed their name”. I’m not buying that that’s all that changed. I have relatives and friends that switched due to the problems since the change.

vCash

That was good times. I remember not locking doors or just leaving the screen door latched. I can’t imagine anyone not locking their door now.

vCash
    On a lighter note, it was a great day. I worked in the yard all day and nobody called or texted me all day. It was like a Dads day off!!!

vCash
    Plenty of places you had to lock your doors back then, your partents and grandparents likley locked their's too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It completely changed. I’ve been with them for over 20 years. It has gone downhill since they “only changed their name”. I’m not buying that that’s all that changed. I have relatives and friends that switched due to the problems since the change.
    Not saying they haven’t regressed but no other company bought them out. If anything CSpire has bought out other companies and sold off some foot print. Technically it’s still Cellular South with the FCC.

vCash
    Plenty of places you had to lock your doors back then, your partents and grandparents likley locked their's too.

Uh, no. Obviously depending on where you lived, but my grandparents never locked their doors until the 1980’s actually.

vCash
    my grandparents never locked their doors until the 1980’s actually.
    Thanks for proving my point!

vCash
    Thanks for proving my point!
    You said in the 75 years of the post WWII era...that was a long time after WWII, Korea and Vietnam.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 04-13-2019 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    hey, don't get mad at me, I'm just trying to train you millennials to DBAP.

vCash
    I do... and it's awesome.

The difference is that back then, you'd get capped busting in someone's house most places.... Those areas (like where I live) are "going out of style", unfortunately....

I never take my keys out of either of my trucks, ATV, 6x6, tractor, etc.... I've not used a house key in years.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17