Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
.... So, to me, either it's all true, or none of it is. If parts of it are a lie, then why should I trust the Gospel? So I believe it all. ... I have faith in the Author. ...trusting Him over man....

My problem with those statements is the Bible was written by man and certainly not by one author. Then rewritten by man and translated by man and left out lots of other books that "they" thought were irrelevant. Much of Bible was written years after it happened as well. Is every word divinely inspired? That is possible. If that is your faith, I will not say you are stupid. Many believe that way, I don't.

To me, the Bible is of man not God, written of men telling what they understood about God and what happened. No man can fully grasp everything they see, much less put it in written form for all others to comprehend. That's one reason I think it's great we have several accounts of the Gospel from differing perspectives. What parts do I believe? The part where my life has been touched. That part is real and my personal experiences are real and no one can take those from me in any discussion. You can't understand my experiences and I not yours.

The rest, I take with a grain of salt. I truly believe we are put here on this earth to develop our spirits and you can't get that from any book, even if it is the Bible. If so, we would have just read it in the Heavens and never been human. The Bible is a tool that can be used but I do not believe it has to be an absolute for me to believe there is a God.