Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Chris Jones to the list of pro athletes that think the earth is flat

vCash

Add Chris Jones to the list of pro athletes that think the earth is flat

Per his twitter earlier this afternoon. Is this like a new fad amongst pros now?

vCash
    Pretty sad

vCash
    What did he say?

vCash
    I'm pretty confused by this belief. Do they think satellite pics from space are fakes?

vCash
    Wow there are just no words

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    What did he say?
    Just had an emoji of the earth and then added is flat. Over 450 replies and some were his defending the stance. Most were from KC fans who didn't care what he thought as long as he kept getting sacks.

vCash
    The responses these folks have to basic observations is astounding. For example, ask them why do you see a different set of stars when you travel to the Southern Hemisphere. Their response is that stars are actually quite close to earth and we are simply moving under a different set of stars after traveling a couple thousand miles. But somehow that explanation counts for north south travel and not east west.

I honestly don't know if these folks are truly this dumb or secretly get off on irritating the piss out of people with basic reasoning skills.

vCash
    As bad as the flat earth'ers are, the young eath'ers outnumber them by quite a bit, and are equally stupid.

vCash
    Honestly, it is an embarrassing failure of our educational system, including our great university.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    As bad as the flat earth'ers are, the young eath'ers outnumber them by quite a bit, and are equally stupid.
    If you are a creationist like myself, you believe God created a mature man (Adam). I also believe God created a mature universe with a mature Earth in that universe. Did God create Earth 6000 or so years ago? I have no idea bc "With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." (2 Peter 3:8). If believing God created us makes me "stupid", so be it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If you are a creationist like myself, you believe God created a mature man (Adam). I also believe God created a mature universe with a mature Earth in that universe. Did God create Earth 6000 or so years ago? I have no idea bc "With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." (2 Peter 3:8). If believing God created us makes me "stupid", so be it
    That's a lot of projecting, 7. I never said you were stupid for being a Christian, so don't put words in my mouth. I said it's stupid to think the Earth is "6000" years old, given the mountain of scientific evidence we have pointing to the contrary. That is literally the exact same argument everyone is using against CJ and his Bronze Age nonsense. Being religious isn't a get-out-of-jail-free-card for rational competence.

vCash
    https://images.app.goo.gl/h7dsnfKbQNRFzEuY8

vCash
    It's like some of you dumbasses don't know when you are being trolled.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    I mean, there's a certain amount of rational thought you have to suspend to believe in any religion. In order to believe creationism, you have to completely reject science. I honestly never knew creationists existed until I went to graduate school and met some. Of course, you also have to completely reject science and twist your mind into a pretzel to believe in God, so most people are irrational about something. Just don't become an anti-vaxxer because they are public nuisances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    I mean, there's a certain amount of rational thought you have to suspend to believe in any religion. In order to believe creationism, you have to completely reject science. I honestly never knew creationists existed until I went to graduate school and met some. Of course, you also have to completely reject science and twist your mind into a pretzel to believe in God, so most people are irrational about something. Just don't become an anti-vaxxer because they are public nuisances.
    Damn are you an idiot or what no wonder this generation is so 17'd up. I'm not a creationist by any means but if you can ignore or think the complexity of just our solar system or the brain didn't have an intelligent designer far beyond our puny exsistance there is no hope and you deserve your ignorance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Damn are you an idiot or what no wonder this generation is so 17'd up. I'm not a creationist by any means but if you can ignore or think the complexity of just our solar system or the brain didn't have an intelligent designer far beyond our puny exsistance there is no hope and you deserve your ignorance.
    Goodness, I obviously hit a nerve. You seem to feel really strongly about your beliefs. What evidence do you have of an intelligent designer? I've read the arguments for an intelligent designer and wasn't convinced. Maybe I'm missing something.

vCash
    Goodness, I obviously hit a nerve. You seem to feel really strongly about your beliefs. What evidence do you have of an intelligent designer? I've read the arguments for an intelligent designer and wasn't convinced. Maybe I'm missing something.
    You?re missing a lot. If you?ve gotten this far in life and are still this stupid then there is nothing anyone on this board can do for you. You?re a lost cause. I don?t agree with 99 much but do that you millennials are 17?d in the head. Lazy and flat out stupid

vCash
    I've read the arguments for an intelligent designer and wasn't convinced. Maybe I'm missing something.
    If you are really interested, try some books by Hugh Ross, an astro-physicist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKotter View Post
    You?re missing a lot. If you?ve gotten this far in life and are still this stupid then there is nothing anyone on this board can do for you. You?re a lost cause. I don?t agree with 99 much but do that you millennials are 17?d in the head. Lazy and flat out stupid
    Well, at least I figured out how to change my settings, so I have an apostrophe instead of a question mark in my text.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hobiedawg View Post
    If you are really interested, try some books by Hugh Ross, an astro-physicist.

Will do. Thanks for the suggestion.