Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So When Do We get Our Home Game Regional Final?

vCash

So When Do We get Our Home Game Regional Final?

I'm cool with what happened with Oregon because while it's not fair to MSU, it is better for women's basketball for butts to be to be in the seats.

That being said, we are getting screwed overall because there are no regional finals scheduled near Mississippi for the foreseeable future.

Just seems that system plays heavily into the hands of a few programs.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Yep, I agree.

Kinda like SECT being in Greenville every year. I think Jackson should host SECT.

vCash
    Could Tupelo host a NCAA weekend?

Southaven could with Memphis nearby.

vCash
    We will never get one because of the freakin' confederate flag. Not that we would have much chance to have a regional site without that issue.

vCash
    You forget he confederate flag hinders any NCAA events in our fine state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    We will never get one because of the freakin' confederate flag. Not that we would have much chance to have a regional site without that issue.
    Memphis, Birmingham, or NO can't host?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    NO hosting would guarantee us a home field advantage. However, it's on the city to bid for sites correct?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    They can if they bid and win. I'm not sure if any of those cities give a flip about women's basketball.

vCash
    Yeah... As a 1 seed, you would think we could host

vCash
    The Final Four is in NOLA for Women's basketball next year FWIW.

For MSU I think Memphis or Birmingham would be the two most realistic best host sites. Jackson won't be an option because there is nowhere to play other than the Coliseum which is horrible and not even suitable for the high school championships really. Biloxi, Southaven, and Tupelo are all better venues. I would add NOLA too but like I said the Final Four will be there already.

vCash
    They can if they bid and win. I'm not sure if any of those cities give a flip about women's basketball.
    Exactly, why do you think there are regionals in Albany and Portland. those are the only sites that want to host

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    Exactly, why do you think there are regionals in Albany and Portland. those are the only sites that want to host
    Hmmm. Makes me wonder if a place like Jackson did bid that the city could get it? It would be positive for the city to get it even if the facility is bad.

vCash
    Heck you can add in Mobile. Of course if there were a regional in any of the mentioned cities they would make msu play the number 2 seed univ of Alaska in Anchorage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Hmmm. Makes me wonder if a place like Jackson did bid that the city could get it? It would be positive for the city to get it even if the facility is bad.
    As already mentioned, Jackson can't bid regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Heck you can add in Mobile. Of course if there were a regional in any of the mentioned cities they would make msu play the number 2 seed univ of Alaska in Anchorage
    What's ironic is that the Alabama flag is the battle flag of a Confederate regiment but since it's not technically the "Stars and Bars" confederate flag they get by with it to bid on NCAA predesignated sites.

vCash
    The Forum in Memphis would be a great site!
    Bulldogs continue domination of Ole Miss
    BY RICK CLEVELAND

vCash
    What's ironic is that the Alabama flag is the battle flag of a Confederate regiment but since it's not technically the "Stars and Bars" confederate flag they get by with it to bid on NCAA predesignated sites.
    If people understood history they would see that there are several state flags in the south if not all that have homages to the Confederacy. The only ones that most people notice are the ones with the stars and bars flag on them.

Quote Originally Posted by West Tn Dawg View Post
    The Forum in Memphis would be a great site!
    I agree. I think that would be the best option. MSU has this great recruiting class coming in next year. We need to start trying to lay the seeds to get the tournament to Memphis down the road.

vCash
    Sites are already set for next three years.

vCash
    Why even have sites? Let the highest seed host until the national championship

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If people understood history they would see that there are several state flags in the south if not all that have homages to the Confederacy. The only ones that most people notice are the ones with the stars and bars flag on them.

I agree. I think that would be the best option. MSU has this great recruiting class coming in next year. We need to start trying to lay the seeds to get the tournament to Memphis down the road.
    Was about to post this. Many states still have flags and symbols from the confederate years. It just takes a medi narrative to and people with skulls full of mush to Propagate a narrative like this. The lack of historical knowledge in this nation is at an all time high.

The kardashian population is easily manipulated because they really do not know very much about anything of value. More people can tell you which kardashian is pregnant by which dude, than they can tell you what the 1st amendment actually says and understand its meaning.