Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3/11 Bracketology update

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Or just playing 2 good teams on the road. Either or
    Auburn is playing better lately but that was a winnable game. Winning @ UT aint easy but the performance we had up there was so predictable its why I havent watched a game since Auburn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Auburn is playing better lately but that was a winnable game. Winning @ UT aint easy but the performance we had up there was so predictable its why I havent watched a game since Auburn
    UT had just beaten UK a couple days earlier on that same court by more points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yeah, but if you want to know why Howland doesn't get the love and fan support Mullen got, I think it comes down to wins compared to personnel. In other words, Dan had a roster of primarily 3 and 4 stars, and while he didn't pull a ton of upsets he did win almost all of the games he was supposed to win in addition to a few LSU, AU, & A&M teams we weren't favored against.....meanwhile Howland has a starting lineup of 4 four stars and 1 five star, yet hasn't really beaten anybody this year that we didn't have better or equal talent than. To me, a win vs LSU, Kentucky, Tennessee, etc or even a road win vs an AU level talent would have changed many people's view and excitement of this team. But instead we pretty much could pencil in losses against every decent to good team on the road, and had zero expectations of upsetting one of the big boys even at home. Hopefully going forward we can take that next step of beating some of the better teams in the league next year.
    Dan Mullen got a lot of support because he did "well" relative to our history and followed an extremely unpopular head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Dan Mullen got a lot of support because he did "well" relative to our history and followed an extremely unpopular head coach.
    Mullen also got fan support because people were excited to see a competent offense. Croom left some talent even on offense but couldn't make it work. Mullen walked into the same situation at UF. The players were there but the old staff couldn't get them to be successful.

Moorhead was the flip side of that. Getting Shoop and the other defensive coaches, he improved the defense but his offense took a step back against Good to Great defenses. Normally that is only an issue against Bama and LSU but UK and UF also had great defenses last year. Moorhead has to figure it out because those are the defenses you see in the upper tier SEC games.

vCash
    Yeah, but if you want to know why Howland doesn't get the love and fan support Mullen got, I think it comes down to wins compared to personnel. In other words, Dan had a roster of primarily 3 and 4 stars, and while he didn't pull a ton of upsets he did win almost all of the games he was supposed to win in addition to a few LSU, AU, & A&M teams we weren't favored against.....meanwhile Howland has a starting lineup of 4 four stars and 1 five star, yet hasn't really beaten anybody this year that we didn't have better or equal talent than. To me, a win vs LSU, Kentucky, Tennessee, etc or even a road win vs an AU level talent would have changed many people's view and excitement of this team. But instead we pretty much could pencil in losses against every decent to good team on the road, and had zero expectations of upsetting one of the big boys even at home. Hopefully going forward we can take that next step of beating some of the better teams in the league next year.
    We're 8-6 against quadrant 1 teams. Second most in the conference behind LSU who had 9.
    Far Moorhead yaw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    We're 8-6 against quadrant 1 teams. Second most in the conference behind LSU who had 9.
    Don't you throw facts into this bitch fest. How dare you talk about the quality teams we have beaten and the lack of bad losses. Did you not hear that if we don't make the Sweet Sixteen that we are planning on firing Howland and Moorhead (just because we are still pissed about losing UF and the Outback Bowl).

vCash
    I'm just amazed reading excuses, Howland has done a great job! You guys that don't like what he has done haven't been around long enough. Having a winning record in men's basketball is a plus.

Shoe companies and sport agents have made college basketball so dirty, when you aren't elite it's really tough. Women's game is more pure and clean, not enough money for agents and even shoe companies to be concerned as Pro Women league is irrelevant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Don't you throw facts into this bitch fest. How dare you talk about the quality teams we have beaten and the lack of bad losses. Did you not hear that if we don't make the Sweet Sixteen that we are planning on firing Howland and Moorhead (just because we are still pissed about losing UF and the Outback Bowl).
    You nailed it! +1

vCash
    Who's bitching? Who said he wasn't doing a good job? Good grief, y'all take a few comments out of a paragraph and make a mountain out of it. All I meant was that Howland is doing solid, but until he beats some top team's with his great talent, you may not see the excitement level increase. Is what it is. And the Q1 stuff sounds great, but it's the Top what, 64 teams in Q1? Our best win this year is what, Ole Miss on the road? Auburn at home? That's what I'm talking about. Not knocking Howland at all, just saying that I feel like we were one big win over LSU, UT, or UK, or maybe even at AU from really getting a lot of extra excitement around the program. Until then, a lot of regular fans will think "We're playing UK, we aren't going to win...I'll just go to New Orleans with the fam Saturday instead", etc. I don't like that attitude, but I think many of our fans know this team is talented, but doesn't play with the effort to beat the best teams, so it deters folks.

That's my opinion, so if y'all want to say I'm bitching or melting, whatever...but I'm not. Just discussing

vCash
    Who's bitching? Who said he wasn't doing a good job? Good grief, y'all take a few comments out of a paragraph and make a mountain out of it. All I meant was that Howland is doing solid, but until he beats some top team's with his great talent, you may not see the excitement level increase. Is what it is. And the Q1 stuff sounds great, but it's the Top what, 64 teams in Q1? Our best win this year is what, Ole Miss on the road? Auburn at home? That's what I'm talking about. Not knocking Howland at all, just saying that I feel like we were one big win over LSU, UT, or UK, or maybe even at AU from really getting a lot of extra excitement around the program. Until then, a lot of regular fans will think "We're playing UK, we aren't going to win...I'll just go to New Orleans with the fam Saturday instead", etc. I don't like that attitude, but I think many of our fans know this team is talented, but doesn't play with the effort to beat the best teams, so it deters folks.

That's my opinion, so if y'all want to say I'm bitching or melting, whatever...but I'm not. Just discussing
    I think most people's biggest knock on this team is they don't typically play with emotion. Q is the leader of our team and he just doesn't show that emotion like that. He is a quiet type of guy which might lead to him being calm and making game winners. That is just his personality and I don't get the hate about it.

We haven't knocked off the great teams yet but we are on the cusp of it. We should have beaten LSU and we hung with UK. We are building towards it but are not quite there yet.

Banned
    vCash
    LSU, UK and UT are all top 3 seeds. It's unfair to expect Howland to upset a top ten ranked team just yet. (Not saying you expect it). Rick Ray was far worse than Croom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    LSU, UK and UT are all top 3 seeds. It's unfair to expect Howland to upset a top ten ranked team just yet. (Not saying you expect it). Rick Ray was far worse than Croom.
    Basketball is easier to get back to competitive but people don't take into account that Croom at least left several NFL players on the 2 deep roster. Rick Ray didn't recruit well at all. Unless you are recruiting like Duke and UK, or Wade buying players at LSU, then it takes a few years to get competitive like that. UT is loaded with upperclass men so they have been building to this year for a couple of years. We need to restock and then when Perry and Woodard are Juniors is probably when we can maybe make a big run as long as we keep bringing in the talent.

vCash
    It's just ridicules to say we haven't beaten anyone when you win 20 games and have a winning record in the Sec.

Here is the question about not exciting, if one feels this way how in the hell would one feel sitting in the stands instead of watch on TV NO?

Winning is exciting, when teams have a losing record I'd say "they haven't beaten anyone"!

Stop the madness and enjoy what we are. Dancing is always exciting instead of watching other teams compete while we sit home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    It's just ridicules to say we haven't beaten anyone when you win 20 games and have a winning record in the Sec.

Here is the question about not exciting, if one feels this way how in the hell would one feel sitting in the stands instead of watch on TV NO?

Winning is exciting, when teams have a losing record I'd say "they haven't beaten anyone"!

Stop the madness and enjoy what we are. Dancing is always exciting instead of watching other teams compete while we sit home.
    Remind me again who said "we haven't beaten anyone"? I'll wait

Some of you just make shit up so you can say "why is everyone so negative! Our fans are the Worst!!!". Nobody said "we haven't beaten anyone".

I said we were probably one BIG win away from getting folks more excited about this team. In no way should that be classified as "bitching", "melting", or "madness". Just an observation in a discussion. For ****s sake, not every discussion has to be paragraphs of solid praise. It's a discussion forum.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 03-12-2019 at 07:00 PM.

vCash
    Remind me again who said "we haven't beaten anyone"? I'll wait

Some of you just make shit up so you can say "why is everyone so negative! Our fans are the Worst!!!". Nobody said "we haven't beaten anyone".

I said we were probably one BIG win away from getting folks more excited about this team. In no way should that be classified as "bitching", "melting", or "madness". Just an observation in a discussion. For ****s sake, not every discussion has to be paragraphs of solid praise. It's a discussion forum.
    Dude, chill, I ain't mad nor did I call u out. I don't worry or care who we beat as long as we win. I use to Coach basketball, I never looked backed and thought bout we haven't played anyone. Neither do every Coach I've known, winning takes care of where teams are headed or going.