Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Howland is a joke

vCash

Ben Howland is a joke

I?ve been saying it for 2 years. He doesn?t coach. Our basketball program is still a mess.

vCash
    He?s got to go and I?m a big howland supporter but you can?t lose that game today. The fan base is done

vCash

NO DOUBT, they were better coached and play with discipline. We still can't play

D for shit.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    We hired the wrong coach. Why we didn't hire Kermit, I will never understand.

Howland needs to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I?ve been saying it for 2 years. He doesn?t coach. Our basketball program is still a mess.
    This is on Q. Ole?d The defensive play and took a crap shot down by 2.

And your takes for the last two years have been as cringeworthy as your username.

vCash
    Cohen is too cheap to fire him and I would be even more scared of another Cohen coaching hire.

vCash
    Not supporting that undisciplined, playground ball. Total BS!!

vCash
    Selfish and lazy the entire 2nd half. Its obvious he has no control over them, they do what they want.

Q weatherspoon would have sat for a week after he gave no effort to stop the layup then a 30 ft 3 after no passes.

The difference in Schafer and Howland is obvious

vCash
    Kermit Davis at Ole Miss will haunt this program for a while...

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    17 You

vCash
    Yeah, I have been on the "we are fine" train this year, and I thought we had turned the corner, but that was bad. I don't know what has happened from Pitt and UCLA to State but something is off. Maybe he just had superior players there, maybe he had more fire then... I don't know. This is very disappointing.

vCash
    Cohen, fire howland at the end of the year, and blame SS for us not hiring Kermit the first time. Beg him if you have to. Go get Kermit

vCash
    He has a shot the rest of this season to maybe change the climate but I'm afraid he has allowed them to just pop up a 3 whenever they wish way too many times. I honestly think this team thought because they did well in the non conference that they kinda had it made on to the NCAA's after last seasons non conference being weak. They look like a marginal NIT team now Lose to Florida on tuesday and the wheels will be off the wagon. Howland looks like he doesn't know what to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    This is on Q. Ole?d The defensive play and took a crap shot down by 2.

And your takes for the last two years have been as cringeworthy as your username.
    One player didn?t lose that game. We?re a terribly undisciplined team with no damn coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    Kermit Davis at Ole Miss will haunt this program for a while...
    Not if we hire him. Pay him whatever he wants and start apologizing for passing him over TWICE. I can understand choosing Howland over him bc once upon a time, he was a good coach. But Rick Ray? Rebuild bridges if you can and hire Kermit Davis

vCash
    Howland is 100% to blame. This is so different than Moorhead. We are 4 years into Howland's tenure. He's got his players and he's got two 5 starts in Nick and Perry. Peters is an experienced PG and Q is a 4th year starter. Add Holman and our starting 5 is perfect to do well.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 01-12-2019 at 04:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    17 You
    I don?t go that way bro. Sorry
    Let?s see if Howland can prove me wrong now.

vCash
    We play lazy defense, always a step late and then settle for crap shots when we need a basket. I'll always let the season play out but if we don't make the tournament with this talent then something has to change. Let's hope they get it corrected.

vCash
    This is not the same Howland that won at Pitt and UCLA. If these guys played for him then they would be sitting the way they are playing. This team doesn’t even play defense at all. If our two seniors don’t play today, we probably win the game. Holman played the shittiest defense I’ve ever seen him play and I don’t know what Q was doing but it sure as shit wasn’t basketball. Q had 5 of our 15 turnovers. Between Peters, Ado, and Q they had 12 of our 15 turnovers. Woodard played awesome and didn’t even play in the second half. Guess what? He was shutting that freshman down that Holman was letting shoot wide open three pointers. We had Holman and Ado in there when they had a four guard lineup in. We had Holman ready to check in at the end and one timeout remaining. Wouldn’t it of been better to setup a play for the last shot and get Holman in the game at the same time by calling a timeout before that horrible whatever it was we did at the end. This team is the most disappointing team in MSU history period. Good luck the rest of the way because I’m out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    We play lazy defense, always a step late and then settle for crap shots when we need a basket. I'll always let the season play out but if we don't make the tournament with this talent then something has to change. Let's hope they get it corrected.
    Who cares honestly? OM has passed us up because of Loafers doing. The basketball program has gone to shit.