Thread: Do you Consider Die Hard

vCash

Do you Consider Die Hard

a christmas movie?

vCash
    Yes.

Banned
    vCash
    This thread need more input. Will check back with enthusiasm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    This thread need more input. Will check back with enthusiasm.
    After christmas day. One of the movie channels is playing it all day to prove it's a Christmas day. Welcome to the party pal and Yippee Kayea @#$%^&%^&*((/

vCash
    A wholehearted yes. I try to watch it every December along with A Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Also must-watches during Christmas: Gremlins, Bad Santa, and Home Alone.

vCash
    No. It's a movie with Christmas in it. But I have no problem with the folks.that think it is a Christmas movie.

Change my mind if you can.

vCash
    Dam Bad Santa was a funny ass movie. Ruined my perception of the Gilmore babe.

Banned
    vCash
    Yippee kayee mfs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    No. It's a movie with Christmas in it. But I have no problem with the folks.that think it is a Christmas movie.

As well as Better off Dead.

Both of which I watch during Christmas

What's your name little helper?
    Charles demar ..
    Shut up geek

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reno hightower View Post
    As well as Better off Dead.

Both of which I watch during Christmas

What's your name little helper?
    Charles demar ..
    Shut up geek
    Better off Dead is awesome.

$2.00

vCash

The entire movie depends on McLaine traveling across country at Christmas to win back his family. I think that makes it a christmas movie.

Plus, if you have to watch christmas movies, you want good christmas movies. It being a christmas movie increases you good optiosn at family members' houses in December.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    The entire movie depends on McLaine traveling across country at Christmas to win back his family. I think that makes it a christmas movie.

Plus, if you have to watch christmas movies, you want good christmas movies. It being a christmas movie increases you good optiosn at family members' houses in December.
    Exceptional point.

vCash
    I would definitely watch it over the Hallmark shitty Christmas movies.

vCash
    I wouldn't put it in the "Christmas movie" category but it seems more appropriate to be viewed around the holidays as opposed to spring/summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post

My main reason for saying not a Christmas movie is because you could use any holiday in Die Hard and it still works. Take Christmas out of Die Hard, Hans still goes splat from 100 floors up. Kinda like if you take Indiana Jones out of Raiders of the Lost Ark, the Nazis still wind up with their faces melted off.

vCash
    My main reason for saying not a Christmas movie is because you could use any holiday in Die Hard and it still works. Take Christmas out of Die Hard, Hans still goes splat from 100 floors up. Kinda like if you take Indiana Jones out of Raiders of the Lost Ark, the Nazis still wind up with their faces melted off.
    Well, you would still have to have a reason that the building is kind of empty and he comes to her work. It has been a while since I watched it but there is only so many reasons that he would have flown across the country to visit her at work after hours.

vCash
    But you wouldn't get the HoHoo I got a gun too written on the dead guys shirt or the wrapping tape that was used to attach the pistol to Johns back. Don't forget the drunken christmas orgy going on all over the office building.