Thread: late Oct and Nov deep sea fishing

vCash

late Oct and Nov deep sea fishing

What's good this time of year?

I have never been DSF ever. Buddy of mine who goes once a year is talking about putting a trip together soon.

vCash
    Species you're chasing may change but fishing don't stop year round. Where are y'all possibly going out of? This time of the year I love LA marsh guides trips. Tear up reds and specks.
    Last edited by BeastMan; 10-18-2013 at 09:13 AM.

vCash
    heading into a slower time of year for offshore ... you said "deep-sea" which usually means offshore ... warm water fish are moving on by now (kings, cobia, dolphin,wahoo, ect) ... reef fishing is still pretty good but the problem with offshore fishing this time of year is the seas become to rough to fish comfortably ... this is true for much of the northern gulf ... however, Yellowfin Tuna heats up in January through March down around Venice, La.... just have to have a stomach for rough water ....... inshore fishing is much more comfortable later in the year ... anytime you can go is a good time in my book

vCash
    I've heard the tuna in south LA has been tough so far. They've had trouble with bait and like you said, the weather. I've seen a few captains say they had Tina trips booked but when they get on the water it's too rough so they go to the closest rig for snapper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Species you're chasing may change but fishing don't stop year round. Where are y'all possibly going out of? This time of the year I love LA marsh guides trips. Tear up reds and specks.
    Good idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    Good idea.
    Lafitte is a short drive south from New Orleans. Their redfish habitat is great and I've read that the specks are up in their lakes full force right now since its cooling off. The great thing about these trips is that since all the water is protected by marsh, wind won't ruin a trip. I really don't think you can go wrong anywhere in south LA though. All the way east (biloxi marsh) to much further west (vermillion bay) is prime time. There is a lot of marsh area in far west MS (perkinston). I've been dying to get my kayak over there right now but I don't know anything about that area except it looks like redfish are there. I would love to take a guided trip in that area and learn a bit.