Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Bayou Bulldog Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Bayou Bulldog Edition

We got them Louisiana Bulldogs coming in and they?re a tough bunch. I?m sure I?ll be grilling out. Got my bow back today too. Gotta get in them woods...

vCash
    Glass of cab is all I could muster tonight.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Smoking, hiking, boozing, and footballing in the North Georgia mountains. It's an annual trip with some old friends from high school. Been doing it in some form or another for almost a decade. We just call it "The Smoke" now. So far, so good.

vCash
    You win. Where are you staying.

vCash
    The Blue Ridge area. Great cabin scene here. Huge selection of newly built, very nice cabins with all the amenities -- amazing views, easy access, open floor plans, multiple big screen TVs, game rooms, etc. If you're in the market for an Appalachian cabin trip and don't need the touristy trappings of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, I highly recommend Blue Ridge.
    Last edited by Prediction? Pain.; 11-03-2018 at 03:20 PM.

vCash
    Lots of fancy whiskies and rums this year:

Just did a back-to-back tasting of two barrels of Single Barrel Dickel. 2017 was the clear winner. Ridiculously smooth and balanced. Man. Wish I had more left.

Brisket's coming along. Seems to be powering through the stall, which really happens to me. Cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    The Blue Ridge area. Great cabin scene here. Huge selection of newly built, very nice cabins with all the amenities -- amazing views, easy access, open floor plans, multiple big screen TVs, game rooms, etc. If you're in the market for an Appalachian cabin great and don't need the touristy trappings of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, I highly recommend Blue Ridge.
    Love that area. When I was a kid, a friends' family had a dairy farm just outside Blue Ridge. Spent a lot of weekends on three wheelers herding dairy cows, fishing, and water skiing on Lake Nottely.

vCash
    For some reason I’m not getting the pics on my iPhone. Weird. I’m drinking red watching our game and had an Amerigo mozz and tomato salad for dinner. So simple and so good

vCash
    Mission accomplished on the brisket.

Wish I had taken a picture of the thing when I bought it. My butcher aged it for about a month as a full, untrimmed primal cut and pared it down the morning we picked it up on our way out of town. It was awesome
    Last edited by Prediction? Pain.; 11-03-2018 at 09:06 PM.