Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "Is Nick better in Practice?".... Moorhead w/o hesitation.. "Yes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Do you really expect him to say that he has been not playing a player that has been better in practice?
    Then why not play KT? Is there some CC agenda?
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post
    Moorhead isn't going anywhere. His offense is the future of most football. Even the NFL is adapting to it.

If you think that kid is not head and shoulders above others we have for this system you are not looking.

You already saw Moorhead go with Hill over an sec 1200 yard rusher that is a senior. He is not going to suddenly change and give seniority over production.
    Moorhead aint producing shit so idk where you get this from. If he has to have a perfect roster to win hes not a very good coach and will NEVER win here. If we lose to La Tech, Arkansas or OM he should be fired. Especially if we continue to average 9 PPG in conference play. Vandy is doing better. Croom did better. La Tech scored 21 on LSU

vCash
    We're sitting here and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game KT goes out there and dies for and plays every game like it's his last, but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?
    So? Screw the founding fathers. The best of them still lived in a different era and had no conception of the world today. (The most intelligent well-intentioned people in the world today should not have a say on what government will be like in the year 2263.) The worst of them were racist, sexist, slave-raping terrorists who are an embarrassment to our country today. - Quaoarsking

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    It?s funny you say this. I too have heard a similar story. We have a few family friends who are college coaches. Well one of these guys, who used to be a dline coach under Jackie, and was considered pretty elite in his time ? we?ll call him coach PJ. Coach PJ talked to a couple of UK asst coaches after our game with them. He said that it was the strangest thing they?d ever seen. Our offense didn?t run anything in the game that they saw on film and prepared for. And that they basically ran a base defense the entire game.

Take that however you want but it shows me there?s a whole lot of poor planning, organization and communication more than anything else.
    It?s almkst as if we are running things all week I practice in hopes the word leaks out so SloMo can catch thenoplositiin off guard. Yet again the smartest guy in the room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
    We're sitting here and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game KT goes out there and dies for and plays every game like it's his last, but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?
    I get it, and I like it. Loved that iverson rant

Banned
    vCash
    Key wont be the starter. Not this year.... not next. He will start the qb that is completing about 70% and already knows the RPO. He is going to start the kid who is already throwing the back shoulder and the deep ball. He will start the kid who can run....
    We dont have anybody like that coming in.....unless we can pay more than Dallas for Dak.

vCash
    Moorhead isn't going anywhere. His offense is the future of most football. Even the NFL is adapting to it.

If you think that kid is not head and shoulders above others we have for this system you are not looking.

You already saw Moorhead go with Hill over an sec 1200 yard rusher that is a senior. He is not going to suddenly change and give seniority over production.
    No one not even state is running the Moorehead offense. RPO is just a term and not a end all be all system. All kinds of concepts can be RPO. Unfortunately ours sucks. And the main reasons are 1. We incompetent at HC. 2. We are incompetent at QB and 3. The defenses are to fast and can disguise safety?s to confuse the QB
    I?ll say it again. This Joe Moorhead offense will not work here or in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    No one not even state is running the Moorehead offense. RPO is just a term and not a end all be all system. All kinds of concepts can be RPO. Unfortunately ours sucks. And the main reasons are 1. We incompetent at HC. 2. We are incompetent at QB and 3. The defenses are to fast and can disguise safety?s to confuse the QB
    I?ll say it again. This Joe Moorhead offense will not work here or in the SEC.
    This is my problem with the RPO. A seasoned defensive coordinator can and WILL confuse a 21 year old QB 90% of the time. RPO is a good play to call in a game. Don't know if it's worthwhile to buid an entire offense around.

vCash

This......

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Do we get credit in games for competitions in practice? Does practice count on our W-L record? Do 60k people show up to watch practice?
    practices don't get W's

vCash
    I think our WRs are the ones that are confused. They look bad running their routes. Remember Dak first Year at Dallas He was a Hero--why? they had the best OL and Great WRs, .. but when the OL went to shit and His quality of wideouts dropped--Dak didn't look so good. Sometimes the QB gets the blame or the praise when really it is a team deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I think our WRs are the ones that are confused. They look bad running their routes. Remember Dak first Year at Dallas He was a Hero--why? they had the best OL and Great WRs, .. but when the OL went to shit and His quality of wideouts dropped--Dak didn't look so good. Sometimes the QB gets the blame or the praise when really it is a team deal.
    I agree. I think Fitz has gotten "gun shy" because our OL doesn't block very well on pass protection-especially our LT. He thinks, and is probably right, that he doesn't have to time to survey the field and must get the pass off as soon as possible. To add to the problem, our W/R's seem to have a hard time getting separation, therefore, you have an inadequate passing game.

vCash
    Matt Wyatt said this. Remember Fitz's first INT where Mitchell didn't even look for the ball? Wyatt said that was because he was running a bad route and was trying to avoid the ref. No crossing route should ever put the WR in that spot. Also we often have 2 WRs in the same spot, because they either don't know the play or are misreading their cues. I'm sure their inability to be where they should be is a contributor to Fitz panicking and forcing the ball... the few times he does read the D correctly he still has no confidence he's clear to throw, and the WR might be running the wrong route. I've watched Getsy's press conferences and he seems a bit... aloof? In his own head? Academic? IDk how to phrase it but I could imagine him stating something to the receivers and having 0 clue he didn't make it simple enough to get. Not trying to defend Moorhead or Fitz though, there's plenty of issues to go around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Matt Wyatt said this. Remember Fitz's first INT where Mitchell didn't even look for the ball? Wyatt said that was because he was running a bad route and was trying to avoid the ref. No crossing route should ever put the WR in that spot. Also we often have 2 WRs in the same spot, because they either don't know the play or are misreading their cues. I'm sure their inability to be where they should be is a contributor to Fitz panicking and forcing the ball... the few times he does read the D correctly he still has no confidence he's clear to throw, and the WR might be running the wrong route. I've watched Getsy's press conferences and he seems a bit... aloof? In his own head? Academic? IDk how to phrase it but I could imagine him stating something to the receivers and having 0 clue he didn't make it simple enough to get. Not trying to defend Moorhead or Fitz though, there's plenty of issues to go around.
    And on that same play our OL double teamed 2 DL, leaving one man unblocked, and Hill out of position and whiffed the block. Fitz threw it basically falling backwards/back-pedaling.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Moorhead said there's no longer a huge difference between the two. And THIS is why I've call BS on this whole "whoever practices best plays". You've got gamers and practice players. You also have guys that great in both. Don't sit guys because they're not practice players, Sincerely, Allen Iverson.
    judging practice players vs gamers is decided from watching game tapes. A prime example I witnessed in 1988-89 season. I was a student coach at Northwest MS Community College. Cortez Kennedy was a 0-3 tech on our defense. Cortez was a great player when the lights were turned on. Craig Randall was the DL coach under Rocky at the time. I called Wesley Reed and told him we had a DL they needed to offer. They sent Craig Randall to watch practice. I met coach Randall at the only motel/ restaurant in town. We had a good conversation about Cortez and I told him he wouldn't be impressed until the lights come on. I told Wesley the very same thing when I talked to him. We did not offer Cortez. coach Randall and I got into a pretty good argument about CK. I told him if he didn't want to look at game film and then evaluate him he would miss on many players. He told me, "Your not an SEC coach" and I said you are 100% correct. But, my smart asre comeback told him, "I wasn't a weather man but I knew when it was raining". Cortez went on and signed with The University of Miami. Was a 2 time all-American, Signed 4th overall in the 90 draft and played 8 out 10 years in the pro-bowl. He has since passed away but the lack of interest from MSU really concerned me at the time. But the following fall Rocky offered me the opportunity to finish my degree and be a part of MSU football. I told Rocky what Craig Randall said and he just looked at me and sorta grinned. I did get Tony Harris to come to MSU and he was a really good CB.
    Last edited by Bodaski; 10-24-2018 at 12:57 PM.

vCash
    Yep. We are running an offense that requires the QB to read safety?s and the WR routes are based on a WCO tree. Slow developing pass plays against fast DL and safety?s. Yeah. Seems like this will work.... why RPOs work for other teams. Because the ball is out fast on limited pass route trees.

vCash
    "Is Nick better in Practice?" .... Moorhead w/o hesitation.. "Yes"
    Of course he is. Because he literally cannot be any worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdawg View Post
    Of course he is. Because he literally cannot be any worse.
    ....referring to which QB is better in practice not if Fitz better in practice vs games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    And on that same play our OL double teamed 2 DL, leaving one man unblocked, and Hill out of position and whiffed the block. Fitz threw it basically falling backwards/back-pedaling.
    Folks seems to miss all that kinda stuff. You're talking of the 1st pick in LSU game ain't you? Where ball almost hit Mitchell in his earhole, but he wasn't looking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Folks seems to miss all that kinda stuff. You're talking of the 1st pick in LSU game ain't you? Where ball almost hit Mitchell in his earhole, but he wasn't looking?
    Yep.