Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Is Nick better in Practice?".... Moorhead w/o hesitation.. "Yes"

vCash

"Is Nick better in Practice?".... Moorhead w/o hesitation.. "Yes"

You may not like it... but it is what it is.

You may listen to the question at 13:19.....

vCash
    I suspect fans heard the same things about Jalen Hurts and Kelly Bryant.

In any event, Key would almost have to try to throw 4 picks and 4 completions in 3+ quarters.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post

Do you even have a breaking point with Fitz? How awful must he play before you want to see Key? He passed awful awhile ago btw.

vCash
    Do you really expect him to say that he has been not playing a player that has been better in practice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Do you really expect him to say that he has been not playing a player that has been better in practice?
    If anything, it seems like a walk back of the narrative that there was a "huge gap" between the two in practice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Matt inferred yesterday that he?s seen both in practice and that Fitz is clearly the best option of the two, but he also said Madkin was a terrible practice player but would get on the field and make plays on game day. He said it?s time to give him a few series. I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post

??? What's your point? I sing great and hit every note in the shower. It doesn't mean i'm a singer ready for the audience.

vCash
    Do we get credit in games for competitions in practice? Does practice count on our W-L record? Do 60k people show up to watch practice?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Then Moorhead needs to ask himself what's the disconnect between practice and an actual game.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by codeDawg View Post
    Matt inferred yesterday that he?s seen both in practice and that Fitz is clearly the best option of the two, but he also said Madkin was a terrible practice player but would get on the field and make plays on game day. He said it?s time to give him a few series. I agree.
    exactly. if fitz, who has started 30 games in his career isn't clearly better than Key who has 2 starts and one half of actual gametime under his belt, I would be worried. Fitz could be an entirely different player after 5 consecutive games starting and that is what I want to see. I want to see it prior to next year being 17ed up because of the learning curve of the first 5 games of a starter. Three losses before November means this season is already fallen way short of our goals, might as well use it to curb Key's 5 game learning curve. Also, some players do not look like ball stars at practice, but when the lights are on they thrive. I want Key's light to come on by using these 5 games as opposed to next years first 5 games.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Then Moorhead needs to ask himself what's the disconnect between practice and an actual game.
    Cause Fitz is throwing against a scout team, not live action #1s.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    If anything, it seems like a walk back of the narrative that there was a "huge gap" between the two in practice.
    Yeah seemed that way to me also. Fits balled out against Louisville last year. Wonder how his practices were before that game? Also, you have to wonder as a sophomore coming off his freshman year where practices were very strict and organized under Mullen to Moorheads, who by all accounts are more laid back, if that’s impacting his practice reps.

vCash
    Valid point. KT might be playing against our first team D...poor guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Do you even have a breaking point with Fitz? How awful must he play before you want to see Key? He passed awful awhile ago btw.
    I want to see Key as well but I don't want to turn my back on Fitz. My son however says bench is ass. In a little bit nicer wording. There is something going on with fitz mentally and he has to shake it fast or he will be on the bench.

vCash
    Fitz said in his post game interview, they do better in practice with the passing game. Then he said, but that is going against scout team and not really full speed. When you speed the game up, it changes everything.

vCash
    Moorhead said there's no longer a huge difference between the two. And THIS is why I've call BS on this whole "whoever practices best plays". You've got gamers and practice players. You also have guys that great in both. Don't sit guys because they're not practice players, Sincerely, Allen Iverson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Cause Fitz is throwing against a scout team, not live action #1s.
    That's what I thought.

vCash
    I don't care who you are...once you throw 4 picks in a single game, you deserve to sit. If the targeting doesn't get called, you have 4 completions and 4 picks in the game. That may be the worst stat of all NCAA for a complete game. Yes, you deserve to sit. I don't care if you put a RB back out there and run the wildcat. You don't put that QB back on the field after that many picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    exactly. if fitz, who has started 30 games in his career isn't clearly better than Key who has 2 starts and one half of actual gametime under his belt, I would be worried. Fitz could be an entirely different player after 5 consecutive games starting and that is what I want to see. I want to see it prior to next year being 17ed up because of the learning curve of the first 5 games of a starter. Three losses before November means this season is already fallen way short of our goals, might as well use it to curb Key's 5 game learning curve. Also, some players do not look like ball stars at practice, but when the lights are on they thrive. I want Key's light to come on by using these 5 games as opposed to next years first 5 games.
    Key wont be the starter. Not this year.... not next. He will start the qb that is completing about 70% and already knows the RPO. He is going to start the kid who is already throwing the back shoulder and the deep ball. He will start the kid who can run....

vCash
    Just wondering outloud if the slower motion of practice helps Fitz be a better practice player that K. Only time will tell.