Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BASS Open

vCash

BASS Open

Anyone going to the weigh ins? If you've never been to a big bass tournament, you should go watch Thursday afternoon.

vCash
    Is the only weigh in Thursday? I would love to go but I'll be at work all day

vCash
    No, it's a 3 day tourney. First two will be at the launch, the Madison landing next to Cock of the Walk. Saturday, the top 10 or 12 will trailer to BPS.

vCash
    Bps? And any ideas on what time?

vCash
    normally weigh ins start around 3. usually like 3 flights. so, probably from about 3 til 5

ETA: website says 3:45... you can watch streaming on bassmaster.com
    Last edited by Barking 13; 10-16-2013 at 03:41 PM.

vCash
    My bad beast. Bass Pro Shops Saturday. Weighins typically start at 3. In the larger national tournaments like this, it will be as 13 says. This cold front may cause some guys problems.

vCash
    Yep Nate. I talked to a guy from TX fishing it. Don't remember his name but he had a sweet skeeter. He said conditions weren't looking good and it will be a tough tourney. He said the fish were small. He said the Rez is a spring lake.

vCash
    Well, he's not entirely wrong. It's certainly easier to catch a good bag between February to April. The Rez just fishes different than most places. It can be feast or famine. But someone is gonna sack em. There are plenty of 3+ fish out there.

vCash
    It's a good fall lake too. Will be really good in about 3 weeks or so.

vCash
    I'll definitely defer to you guys on the Rez. I've never had a ton of success but I'm a barely functional bass fisherman.

vCash
    Well, the weighin was kind of a dud, and the weights were pretty much pitiful. I think the cold front and clouds shut the better fish down. The local gun slingers didn't fair very well either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg33 View Post
    Well, the weighin was kind of a dud, and the weights were pretty much pitiful. I think the cold front and clouds shut the better fish down. The local gun slingers didn't fair very well either.
    Gotta cpl more days. We'll see if it picks up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg33 View Post
    Anyone going to the weigh ins? If you've never been to a big bass tournament, you should go watch Thursday afternoon.
    I went yesterday and I am planning on going out today also. Randall Tharp is a serious stick. Dude knows what he is doing. If he could hang on and win this one, I believe he will be someone to watch at the Classic on Guntersville in February.

vCash
    If the flippin' bite is on, Tharp is hard to beat...

vCash
    Tharp is the real deal, and has been. I can't remember off hand, but he's won several Opens over the past couple years. Didn't he win the FLW cup a couple months ago?

vCash
    yep been a terror in the FLW ranks for a while...

vCash
    Randall Tharp goes wire to wire in the BASS Open on Ross Barnett. I'm tellin' ya, better look out for him at Guntersville in February at the Classic. Even though he has moved to Florida, he considers G'ville his home lake. Most of his fish on Barnett came off his signature 1/2 oz jig flipped on docks. Don't know where on the lake, but the only concentration of docks is at Hwy. 43 at Safe Harbor, Main Harbor, and Pelahatchie Bay area. My guess would be the Bay, but have not heard for sure yet.

vCash
    He was in the bay.

vCash
    Any idea on largest fish? I heard Roland Martin caught a 7+ lb on day 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Any idea on largest fish? I heard Roland Martin caught a 7+ lb on day 1
    Roland ended up with big fish for the tournament. It was just under 7. Several in the 6 lb range were caught, but not many.