Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Bye Week Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Bye Week Edition

The Dawgs are off and I'm heading to Hwy 1 in south La later today. Fishing Saturday and Sunday. Its officially fall!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    The Dawgs are off and I'm heading to Hwy 1 in south La later today. Fishing Saturday and Sunday. Its officially fall!
    May do some ribs tomorrow.

"Fall" appeared here this morning. It was 90 at 4:00 pm yesterday. 61 at 7:30 am today. 77 right now. Absolutely perfect for a little high school football tonight.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    We're going out tonight, but I did end up bottling my batch of fermented Fresno-Cayenne chili sauce...

vCash
    Heading to the camp for the first time this year pulling a string at Bambi. I am taking deer chili for tonight. If one goes down, it will be fresh grilled whole back straps for Saturday or Sunday.

vCash
    Beardo, you got to share the recipe. That looks great.

vCash
    Very cool Beardo. I’m currently en route to south LA. Got white cans on ice for when I arrive

vCash
    Just arrived to the camp and man this is a good beer right now

vCash
    Smashed some hammer reds and a few trout. White cans, football, and dinner somewhere later.

vCash
    Lazy day with great "fall" weather for the coast - 80 with a breeze and no humidity!

Decided to cook some ribs I had in the freezer, and just threw together what I had in the house. Some lima beans, mashed potatoes, and cream corn. Cooked the ribs 2-2-1 on the Weber.

vCash
    When in south LA...

vCash
    So tonight we had a seafood splurge...

Started the afternoon with oysters...

Followed with a nice lager...

Had an app of moules...

With a main of potato wrapped halibut, over leeks, and a port sauce...

Will finish the night off with some Weller Antique.

vCash
    And the girl was happy...

vCash
    Won’t let me rep you Beardo. Good stuff

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Strong posts by all tonight. I'm jealous of Beardo's seafood and homebrew hot sauce, and Beast's fishing hauls always impress (as does that plate-o-brown you had earlier (dude, I'd be down for the count after that feast)).

Brunswick, I'm porkin' it up with you this weekend. Put a 12 lb shoulder on the smoker at midnight (which may explain why I'm up at this ungodly hour; coming down slow from the smoke's kickoff, apparently (or something)). Going to add a slab of ribs to the mix tomorrow.

I'll do up some collards tomorrow -- nothing fancy on that front, really, though they'll give me another excuse to use one of the Benton's ham hocks I have in the freezer, so that's worthwhile -- and then some roasted-to-hell, partially caramelized sweet potatoes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    Beardo, you got to share the recipe. That looks great.
    It's super simple. I just got a bunch of fresno peppers from the store, split them open, and took out the ribs and seeds. I did the same with some cayennes from my garden. Add a head's worth of garlic, with the cloves lightly crushed, about 20 pepper corns, half a cup of white sugar, and around a quarter cup of salt. Mix everything together, put in a jug, then cover with water, just enough to submerge all the peppers. I then use a small plate to weigh the peppers and garlic down, so everything is under the water. Then cover the lid with a towel held on with a rubber band and put in a cool place for a month, every week or so giving it a stir. After fermenting, strain the peppers and garlic out of the water, add to a mixer, then put about a cup or two of the fermenting liquid in and puree until desired thickness, adding more water if you like it a bitter thinner. I then strained the puree through a sieve, put in a pot with some more sugar and about a cup of cider vinegar. Brought just to a boil, then transferred into sterilized bottles.

vCash
    Beardo and Beast with some killer entries this weekend. I spent all weekend getting caught up around the house and was too wiped out to cook too much. Hit up TBT this afternoon for some tuna dip, Ghost and vistas.