Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SIAP - Forrest Hill Band

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Trying to figure out which comparison is dumber. This one or Q's comparing Pirates of the Caribbean to modern day Somalia pirates.
    What comparison did I make? No where. I'm not making any comparison, dude......I was pointing specifically to WSOP that marching band is more than 7 minutes of fluff between the 2nd and 3rd quarters of a football game. I used this theatrical example from DCI to support my point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    Both comparisons are dumb and both are just trying to push their liberal agenda.
    Lol, ok....now there's a liberal agenda.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    What comparison did I make? No where. I'm not making any comparison, dude......I was pointing specifically to WSOP that marching band is more than 7 minutes of fluff between the 2nd and 3rd quarters of a football game. I used this theatrical example from DCI to support my point.
    Your BS Meter needs an 11. Roman history vs a depiction of modern day cops getting executed. You should consider quitting this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Your BS Meter needs an 11. Roman history vs a depiction of modern day cops getting executed. You should consider quitting this thread.
    Wtf is wrong with you? Has the bourbon already impacted your reading comprehension? Where did I say the HS show was OK or justified? Lets take a line-by-line approach....
    1) John Q isn't even a good movie, despite having Denzel.
    2) Using realistic looking guns in a halftime show is stupid as hell.
    3) Even the illusion of "shooting" cops in a halftime show is not only stupid as hell, but horrible, and tasteless. Just having guns in a halftime show is stupid as hell.
    4) Whether or not the cops were being "executed", as you state, or just being held hostage, as depicted in the film, is a point not worth debating: it looks horrible, especially in that moment, and shouldn't have been done. Period. Is that clear enough for you?
    5) I was in no way comparing Roman ****ing history to this particular situation. As I just said in a previous post, I was pointing out to WSOP that marching band routinely wears costumes, uses props, employs theatrics, etc. etc....and is much more than just the "entertainment" at halftime.
    6) Take this shit back to the poly board.
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 10-06-2018 at 04:46 PM.

vCash
    And speaking of guns in marching band/drum corps, the guard have traditionally used "rifles" as part of their routines....but they look like this....

About as non-threatening/realistic as you can get.

vCash
    And speaking of guns in marching band/drum corps, the guard have traditionally used "rifles" as part of their routines....but they look like this....

About as non-threatening/realistic as you can get.
    When I was in school, males (there was a female version, but it was voluntary and they were the "sweethearts" of the males) had to take ROTC the first two years, and Tuesdays were parade days (at least for the Army ... the AF may have had another day ... can't remember). Those of us in Army ROTC had to carry M-1 rifles around during parade time. They were real, but didn't have firing pins. We also had to (or were supposed to) disassemble and clean the things once a week in the ROTC building. I don't know how many years that requirement went on after I left school, but those were different days and times than now. I think basic ROTC was required at all land-grant universities at the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    When I was in school, males (there was a female version, but it was voluntary and they were the "sweethearts" of the males) had to take ROTC the first two years, and Tuesdays were parade days (at least for the Army ... the AF may have had another day ... can't remember). Those of us in Army ROTC had to carry M-1 rifles around during parade time. They were real, but didn't have firing pins. We also had to (or were supposed to) disassemble and clean the things once a week in the ROTC building. I don't know how many years that requirement went on after I left school, but those were different days and times than now. I think basic ROTC was required at all land-grant universities at the time.
    My HS ROTC had the same M1's...I'm pretty sure their actions were welded shut and the barrels were plugged, but they looked legit from a distance.

vCash
    My HS ROTC had the same M1's...I'm pretty sure their actions were welded shut and the barrels were plugged, but they looked legit from a distance.
    Ours were real all the way except for the firing pin. I've forgotten the command, but from Attention, we'd have to come to Port Arms and open the action for inspection. I think he was looking for dust rather than it being loaded. But to close it, you had to hold the action (maybe called the receiver?) back with your hand while pressing down with your thumb to release it to close. If your timing was not good, you could slam it shut on your thumb, and that was fairly easy to do when you didn't know what you were doing and it was a really cold day. Painful. I only did it once.