Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SIAP - Forrest Hill Band

vCash
    I'm shocked at the lack of weapons/muzzle discipline displayed in that still... I thought they would have had more firearms experience than that...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Ohhh well since they’ve been practicing this for over a month then they should be allowed to perform it, not matter what happened earlier in the week. Thanks for clearing that up

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    Al Sharpton and CNN would be there as we speak. Pretty damn sad what this country has become. And that goes for both conservatives and liberals. Hate is overflowing
    I will assume your google is broken. Because the hate is only going one direction and only one side physically and verbally attacking the other. I think you heard about a softball practice or The Red Hen restaurant. Fhioss are just a couple that come to mind.

I think you are mistaking hate for disagreement because the mainstream has made disagreeable items into hate for their own political purposes. Opposing an ideology or failed policy isn?t hate. Physically intimidating or actually attacking someone can be hate. And quite frankly there is only one side committing those types of acts.

No one physically attacked democrats because they opposed Obama and his failed policies/ideology. They took it to the ballot box like civil individuals. The script flipped on Nov 8, 2016 and we have seen actually physical violence and hate toward the winning side. Albeit most of this is fabricated and paid for by large donors, it?s still does not disprove the facts. Only one side is doing this, and the worst part is the people leading the party are actually donating to funds that pay for the violence.

vCash
    Ohhh well since they’ve been practicing this for over a month then they should be allowed to perform it, not matter what happened earlier in the week. Thanks for clearing that up
    Wow, you really need to work on reading comprehension. I've said all over this thread that this should have been edited out of their show last night due to the events in Brookhaven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Wow, you really need to work on reading comprehension. I've said all over this thread that this should have been edited out of their show last night due to the events in Brookhaven.
    I have a Doctorate so my reading comprehension is just fine. I just don’t speak moron

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I will assume your google is broken. Because the hate is only going one direction and only one side physically and verbally attacking the other. I think you heard about a softball practice or The Red Hen restaurant. Fhioss are just a couple that come to mind.

I think you are mistaking hate for disagreement because the mainstream has made disagreeable items into hate for their own political purposes. Opposing an ideology or failed policy isn?t hate. Physically intimidating or actually attacking someone can be hate. And quite frankly there is only one side committing those types of acts.

No one physically attacked democrats because they opposed Obama and his failed policies/ideology. They took it to the ballot box like civil individuals. The script flipped on Nov 8, 2016 and we have seen actually physical violence and hate toward the winning side. Albeit most of this is fabricated and paid for by large donors, it?s still does not disprove the facts. Only one side is doing this, and the worst part is the people leading the party are actually donating to funds that pay for the violence.
    True. I was just trying to be polite to both sides and not make it completely political. That ship has sailed

vCash
    I have a Doctorate so my reading comprehension is just fine. I just don’t speak moron
    Take the L dude.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I'm shocked at the lack of weapons/muzzle discipline displayed in that still... I thought they would have had more firearms experience than that...
    At least they're not turned sideways, baby steps mane.

Banned
    vCash
    So I guess they had a plan to show 2 cops getting killed prior to the tragedy and didn't think to edit that part out in light of recent events. I guess if the 2 cops hadn't been killed, everything would have been cool. Sound about right Q?

vCash
    Take the L dude.
    And how did you win the argument? I would say you got the L. See, works both ways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    So I guess they had a plan to show 2 cops getting killed prior to the tragedy and didn't think to edit that part out in light of recent events. I guess if the 2 cops hadn't been killed, everything would have been cool. Sound about right Q?
    Yep. Had the cops not been killed, nobody would have given their John Q show a second thought, just like nobody did in August or September.

Nobody interpreted the Famous Maroon Band's "Pirates of the Caribbean" show in 2006 as an endorsement of piracy, but if there had been a major pirate incident during that season and the band stupidly decide to play it anyway, it would have lead to confusion and upset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    At least they're not turned sideways, baby steps mane.
    That was as strong as a garlic milkshake....

You have been repped, sir.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    And how did you win the argument? I would say you got the L. See, works both ways.
    You: "Ohhh well since they’ve been practicing this for over a month then they should be allowed to perform it, not matter what happened earlier in the week."
    Me: Actually I have repeatedly said that they shouldn't have performed it.
    You: Oh, uh, well, uh, uh, uh, you're a moron!!!!1

vCash
    Yep. Had the cops not been killed, nobody would have given their John Q show a second thought, just like nobody did in August or September.

Nobody interpreted the Famous Maroon Band's "Pirates of the Caribbean" show in 2006 as an endorsement of piracy, but if there had been a major pirate incident during that season and the band stupidly decide to play it anyway, it would have lead to confusion and upset.
    Don’t know one way or another but I haven’t seeing it stated in the news this has been their regular halftime show. Maybe it has been but I know Forest Hill parents/fans in attendance have publicly come out and condemn the director for the performance as well. Nobody has said it was their regular program however, unless I missed it somewhere

vCash
    You: "Ohhh well since they’ve been practicing this for over a month then they should be allowed to perform it, not matter what happened earlier in the week."
    Me: Actually I have repeatedly said that they shouldn't have performed it.
    You: Oh, uh, well, uh, uh, uh, you're a moron!!!!1
    Well then you contradicted yourself by making a whole post about how long they have been practicing it as if that’s an excuse for it. Listen, agree to disagree. This argument with you isn’t worth the time. Go Dawgs

vCash
    Well then you contradicted yourself by making a whole post about how long they have been practicing it as if that’s an excuse for it. Listen, agree to disagree. This argument with you isn’t worth the time. Go Dawgs
    Pointing out how long the show has been in the works was to dispel with the fiction that this show was an intentional reference to the murdered Brookhaven cops. I have been very clear in this thread, from my first post on, that even though it was not referring to them specifically, they still should have been more sensitive and not performed the part of the show from the photo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The people in the band have very little to no say in what type of music they play. I certainly didn't want to do the Madonna show when I was in the band.
    Come on, you know you loved performing Like A Virgin**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    I'm saying that the Brookhaven fans there weren't too upset with the show.
    But do we know that? I saw Madison Co Sheriff Randy Tucker, who was there, comment about it on FB. Honestly, who watches the band at halftime in HS, especially the visitor? I bet the majority of the stadium had no idea it was going on.

vCash
    Generally high school bands just do one show per year, so this would have been something planned and rehearsed for months and not a direct response to any incident in Brookhaven.

None the less, they obviously should have been more sensitive and edited that part out of the show out last night. You have to show basic common sense and decency in these situations.
    This was the first time they had done that part. It had to be specifically planned.

vCash
    Are you the band director? Do you not see the logical breakdown in your post here? I can't possibly know the motivation because I'm not the band director, but you can?

I was involved in marching bands for over 10 years, so I know how they work. I know that high school bands perform 1 show per year and that Forest Hill would have been doing this show all season and the decision to do so would have nothing to do with events in Brookhaven that happened over a month after they started performing it.
    They added that part for the first time for this game.