Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm not sure how much of this is on fitz but

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Eiland was fine last year. He started roughly half the games remember. The entire line has no idea what to do, and they knew exactly what to do and usually did it last year. Key looked really bad against SFA. He hit some home runs, because that defense was terrible. HpThat was pretty much all he did.
    Eiland started four games. We had a NFL guy at LT for the majority of the time. Eiland's feet are slow. It's a talent issue with him.

Key had some mechanical issues in the first game but he wasn't any worse than Fitz has been this year. And when Key did miss at least he was throwing to guys that were open.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I've said for a month now, shrader will be our qb next season
    How tough a league is Shrader playing in? I have never followed NC high school football or considered NC or NC State as hotbeds of successful college football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    How tough a league is Shrader playing in? I have never followed NC high school football or considered NC or NC State as hotbeds of successful college football.
    No idea. I just know if key can't beat fitz out, I have no confidence he will be our qb next season. Moorhead will be on the hot seat for real next season... he'll want his guy. I'm assuming shrader comes, which may not happen after he sees Moorhead's genuis in the sec

vCash
    No idea. I just know if key can't beat fitz out, I have no confidence he will be our qb next season. Moorhead will be on the hot seat for real next season... he'll want his guy. I'm assuming shrader comes, which may not happen after he sees Moorhead's genuis in the sec
    Well if he is a genius then he needs to bring in a veteran transfer or a JUCO QB instead of placing his job on the line with a true freshman QB.

vCash
    You know some guys are great practice guys. Fitz maybe lights out passing the ball in practice... But he'll anyone can throw on our secondary. They maybe so close in practice that experience gets the nod. I just know what my eyes see in the game. Hell Fitz can start the rest of the season, just give Key some snaps to prove or debunk what these sources are saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Eiland started four games. We had a NFL guy at LT for the majority of the time. Eiland's feet are slow. It's a talent issue with him.

Key had some mechanical issues in the first game but he wasn't any worse than Fitz has been this year. And when Key did miss at least he was throwing to guys that were open.
    Everybody was always open in that game....and he still was 40%. There was little to no drop off with Eiland last year, and he played a LOT even in the games Rankin started.

vCash
    Moorhead has to bench him. He has to do it to try and shift blame off himself to try and get fan base behind him again
    That wont fix anything. The answer is for Moorhead to adapt to what we are and what we can do and not what he has cooked up in his head.

The answer to our offense is bringing on basically a younger version of Nick Fitzgerald. Haha yall are wildin

vCash
    Imagine a true freshman QB starting for this MSU team next year. That’s scary. If that happens, I believe next year will be Mooreheads last at State. We have to endure this for one more season.

vCash
    I agree that Fitz looked lost last night, but it wasn’t his fault that O Mitchell dropped a sure TD. That one play cost us the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BhamDawg205 View Post
    You know some guys are great practice guys. Fitz maybe lights out passing the ball in practice... But he'll anyone can throw on our secondary. They maybe so close in practice that experience gets the nod. I just know what my eyes see in the game. Hell Fitz can start the rest of the season, just give Key some snaps to prove or debunk what these sources are saying.
    From the film I've seen on 247, Fitz look great passing in practice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDawg View Post
    I agree that Fitz looked lost last night, but it wasn?t his fault that O Mitchell dropped a sure TD. That one play cost us the game.
    Last 2 games:
    27/58 for 226 yards 0 TD 1 INT as a passer. 36 rushes for 52 yards as a rusher. Case closed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs87 View Post
    Last 2 games:
    27/58 for 226 yards 0 TD 1 INT as a passer. 36 rushes for 52 yards as a rusher. Case closed.
    The rushing is the most disturbing. He's not the same player... OM broke him.

vCash
    It all starts with the O line. We have four starters back from a really good line from last season and they suck ass this season. Fire that coach first and let Brad Petterson take his place. He would light that ass up. Our current O Line coach is a bear.

vCash
    The rushing is the most disturbing. He's not the same player... OM broke him.
    I don't know if it is as much as the injury or the change in offense. People can say all they want that the systems are similar but they aren't. Watch our OL - they have opened no running lanes the last 2 weeks. This is not a system or scheme built off of the run. It's all about passing.

Fitz is also a player tailor made for Dan Mullen's offense. Problem is, we aren't running Dan Mullen's offense. It's the only way he knows how to play. You can't take a guy who's entire QB experience is running a triple option running attack, and a run-first read-option, and believe you will be successful with a pass-first RPO system. And I hate it for him, because believe what you will about his leadership or maturity, he's a good kid, who has given a lot more than any of us have to this football program. He will end up being the second best QB in the history of the school, and 75% of the fan base will say he sucked and cost us "our most talented team ever". And that's not right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    It all starts with the O line. We have four starters back from a really good line from last season and they suck ass this season. Fire that coach first and let Brad Petterson take his place. He would light that ass up. Our current O Line coach is a bear.
    I think Duke's OL is actually better without him this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I don't know if it is as much as the injury or the change in offense. People can say all they want that the systems are similar but they aren't. Watch our OL - they have opened no running lanes the last 2 weeks. This is not a system or scheme built off of the run. It's all about passing.

Fitz is also a player tailor made for Dan Mullen's offense. Problem is, we aren't running Dan Mullen's offense. It's the only way he knows how to play. You can't take a guy who's entire QB experience is running a triple option running attack, and a run-first read-option, and believe you will be successful with a pass-first RPO system. And I hate it for him, because believe what you will about his leadership or maturity, he's a good kid, who has given a lot more than any of us have to this football program. He will end up being the second best QB in the history of the school, and 75% of the fan base will say he sucked and cost us "our most talented team ever". And that's not right.
    He needs 11 wins to tie Madkin. I don't think that is happening, because it's impossible. Not sure how he's second. His numbers are comparable to 1991 Sleepy Robinson. Sleepy's stats were better.
    Last edited by Dawgs87; 09-30-2018 at 08:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Imagine a true freshman QB starting for this MSU team next year. That’s scary. If that happens, I believe next year will be Mooreheads last at State. We have to endure this for one more season.
    If Shrader can run this offense (and Moorhead wouldn't be bringing him in unless he thinks he can), he should be the starter next year.

Moorhead's offense does work. It doesn't with this current set of players, but Moorhead's only hope is to get his players in quickly and try to regain the fanbase's trust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    If Shrader can run this offense (and Moorhead wouldn't be bringing him in unless he thinks he can), he should be the starter next year.

Moorhead's offense does work. It doesn't with this current set of players, but Moorhead's only hope is to get his players in quickly and try to regain the fanbase's trust.
    This.

Shrader is a lot like McSorely. If it's true that Key can't even remotely run this offense then Moorhead has to go all in on "his" guy.

vCash
    Our football program is in trouble. Moorhead better pray he holds on to the recruits we have. And if Cohen brought in a coach that can't win with THIS talent, I hope they're both fired soon.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 09-30-2018 at 08:58 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Our football program is in trouble. Moorhead better pray he holds on to the recruits we have.
    Better pray he can land moor guys too. Our remaining board isn't looking good. We gonna be in the 30s recruiting