Hear me out

1) We make a ton of mistakes. OL is not what we thought. WRs are too inconsistent. Fitz makes awful throws and cant read a defense. On almost every play we have a mistake by a different player.

2) We have a better staff and the players rave about them. They have NFL experience. They have head coaching experience. They have big time recruiting experience. By 100% of the accounts I've heard we do a lot of things better than before.

I can't blame Joe Mo entirely for this. Totally different staff, totally different philosophy and it's clear that we have had to adjust our offense because of OL weakness and WR's not capable of doing things.

Here's the question. How much of this is on Joe? Point to something he has done where you say that is 100% on him. We fixed the penalties. Only 2 tonight. We played our ass off on defense. We had our chances on offense.

My conclusion: We are the product of having to undo 9 years of what Mullen did while replacing him with a more cerebral offensive mind. Because of that, we don't have the players necessary to execute what he wants. Fordham is a private research based institution. Penn State has very strict requirements and very high admissions standards. They've got smart kids where Moorhead came from. I think we don't have the smarts on offense to execute his level of offense. I also don't think we have the talent on the OL. I don't think Joe was a bad hire. Everything and everyone pointed to this being great. And he is an offensive genius. That didn't just leave him. Something isn't right and I think we've hit a perfect storm of our coach not having what he needs to execute this offense. I bet we would win more games with Dan this year. But I think it's going to take Joe Mo time to get the right guys in here to have better long term success.

I think we all underestimated the adjustment that would happen with the change.