Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't know what to think

vCash

I don't know what to think

Hear me out

1) We make a ton of mistakes. OL is not what we thought. WRs are too inconsistent. Fitz makes awful throws and cant read a defense. On almost every play we have a mistake by a different player.

2) We have a better staff and the players rave about them. They have NFL experience. They have head coaching experience. They have big time recruiting experience. By 100% of the accounts I've heard we do a lot of things better than before.

I can't blame Joe Mo entirely for this. Totally different staff, totally different philosophy and it's clear that we have had to adjust our offense because of OL weakness and WR's not capable of doing things.

Here's the question. How much of this is on Joe? Point to something he has done where you say that is 100% on him. We fixed the penalties. Only 2 tonight. We played our ass off on defense. We had our chances on offense.

My conclusion: We are the product of having to undo 9 years of what Mullen did while replacing him with a more cerebral offensive mind. Because of that, we don't have the players necessary to execute what he wants. Fordham is a private research based institution. Penn State has very strict requirements and very high admissions standards. They've got smart kids where Moorhead came from. I think we don't have the smarts on offense to execute his level of offense. I also don't think we have the talent on the OL. I don't think Joe was a bad hire. Everything and everyone pointed to this being great. And he is an offensive genius. That didn't just leave him. Something isn't right and I think we've hit a perfect storm of our coach not having what he needs to execute this offense. I bet we would win more games with Dan this year. But I think it's going to take Joe Mo time to get the right guys in here to have better long term success.

I think we all underestimated the adjustment that would happen with the change.

vCash
    Very well said!

vCash
    Mullen’s teams were nothing if not disciplined. Limited mistakes. You could see it his first year here and you can see it the first year he is not here.

vCash
    Next year he is also bringing in his top qb on his board. The one he wants. Not Fitz.

vCash
    Our offense had a chance??? Had a chance to do what? Scored 14?? It was awful. This is all on Moorhead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Our offense had a chance??? Had a chance to do what? Scored 14?? It was awful. This is all on Moorhead.
    Tell me that Osirus catch wouldn't have changed the complection of this game completely

vCash
    Crooms staff had NFL experience. Get out of here with that shit.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Please don't speak logic here... we upgraded at head coach. Thank God the country club is gone

vCash
    Agree with your premis but it's still on jomo. He has shown a complete inability to make adjustments

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Agree with your premis but it's still on jomo. He has shown a complete inability to make adjustments
    16 penalties to 2. I would say that's a decent adjustment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Tell me that Osirus catch wouldn't have changed the complection of this game completely
    Know everyone is hot right now, but this is right. He catches it, whole different ball game. Our offense is still really bad though

vCash
    The problem I have is we still have similar issues as last year. We can't pass effectively. WR drops. Special teams not good.

Some of the problems are the exact same. Are we not even considering the fact the players might be the issue here?

We've talked about the talent issue at places. Fitz isn't a QB that can handle the passing load and he never has been. We've got a bunch of OL that had combined a handful of P5 offers. Our WRs are very similar except for Landry and Whop. Outside of Kylin and Aeris, show me an offensive player that has been here more than a year that was even remotely pursued by a good team in recruiting.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 09-29-2018 at 08:38 PM.

vCash
    So where's he going to get all these cerebral, yet super athletic, players to run his system? Cause he sure isn't getting them in the 2019 class. And how long do you plan on giving him to get those guys in? Football doesn't have to be 17ing Calculus, especially in college. The more simplified you make it the faster your players will play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Please don't speak logic here... we upgraded at head coach. Thank God the country club is gone
    You act like we wanted to get rid of the country club. Of course I didn't but some did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    You act like we wanted to get rid of the country club. Of course I didn't but some did.
    Neither did I. Neither did I

vCash
    The problem I have is we still have similar issues as last year. We can't pass effectively. WR drops. Special teams not good.

Some of the problems are the exact same. Are we not even considering the fact the players might be the issue here?

We've talked about the talent issues at places. Fitz isn't a QB that can handle the passing load and he never has been. We've got a bunch of OL that had combined a handful of P5 offers. Our WRs are very similar except for Landry and Whop. Outside of Kylin and Aeris, show me an offensive player that has been here more than a year that was even remotely pursued by a good team in recruiting.
    this.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    So if one play doesn't go our way we will lose the game? Well I'm sure that won't happen again.***

It was definitely a gut punch, but we were playing at HOME. How do you just lose all emotion and motivation at HOME? We never adjusted our offense. We never hit them with a quick passing game. We totally abandoned the run in the fourth quarter. JoMo reverts back to passing when the game doesn't go his way. That's ok when you have a QB that can make those long passes, but we don't.

He doesn't know how to run the ball when we aren't able to throw downfield. Florida couldn't throw downfield either, yet they still ran the ball well enough to beat a talented defense on the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Neither did I. Neither did I
    The fact is the country club left us. I will give JOMO some time to figure it out but his leash is definitely short. There does need to be staff changes.

vCash
    Offensively,

Terrible coaching. CUSA talent (no speed) and poor execution. We can’t throw catch or block. The offense is an absolute dumpster fire.

Defense is a very good unit

vCash
    Hear me out

1) We make a ton of mistakes. OL is not what we thought. WRs are too inconsistent. Fitz makes awful throws and cant read a defense. On almost every play we have a mistake by a different player.

2) We have a better staff and the players rave about them. They have NFL experience. They have head coaching experience. They have big time recruiting experience. By 100% of the accounts I've heard we do a lot of things better than before.

I can't blame Joe Mo entirely for this. Totally different staff, totally different philosophy and it's clear that we have had to adjust our offense because of OL weakness and WR's not capable of doing things.

Here's the question. How much of this is on Joe? Point to something he has done where you say that is 100% on him. We fixed the penalties. Only 2 tonight. We played our ass off on defense. We had our chances on offense.

My conclusion: We are the product of having to undo 9 years of what Mullen did while replacing him with a more cerebral offensive mind. Because of that, we don't have the players necessary to execute what he wants. Fordham is a private research based institution. Penn State has very strict requirements and very high admissions standards. They've got smart kids where Moorhead came from. I think we don't have the smarts on offense to execute his level of offense. I also don't think we have the talent on the OL. I don't think Joe was a bad hire. Everything and everyone pointed to this being great. And he is an offensive genius. That didn't just leave him. Something isn't right and I think we've hit a perfect storm of our coach not having what he needs to execute this offense. I bet we would win more games with Dan this year. But I think it's going to take Joe Mo time to get the right guys in here to have better long term success.

I think we all underestimated the adjustment that would happen with the change.
    These are the same players that won 9 games last year and a career RB coach won the bowl game against Petrino. So your post has some valid points but these last two losses are firmly on Joe... oh btw. He is the OC