Thread: Best Rockamentry

vCash

Best Rockamentry

3 Choices: Woodstock, The Who Toronto 82 concert or The Bands' The Last Waltz.

For me a diehard Who fan its the Last Waltz.

Banned
    vCash
    THUGH Stones.

Rock n' Roll Circus & Gimme Shelter (Altamont concert)

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Never seen the Who Toronto 82 film, but both the others are great. I'd probably go with The Last Waltz is made to choose.

But we need more contenders. There are a lot of other good ones out there. Both Stones movies that 13 mentioned. If Scorsese's Bob Dylan and George Harrison documentaries count, they'd be up there, too. Bob Dylan's Don't Look Back. Dig!, the documentary about Brian Jonestown Massacre, is really interesting even if, like me, you're not much of a fan of the band. Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii is amazing, though I'm obviously very biased. 1991: The Year Punk Broke is an awesome look at the early 90's indie/"grunge" scene just before Nirvana exploded into the mainstream. Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage is also great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    Never seen the Who Toronto 82 film, but both the others are great. I'd probably go with The Last Waltz is made to choose.

But we need more contenders. There are a lot of other good ones out there. Both Stones movies that 13 mentioned. If Scorsese's Bob Dylan and George Harrison documentaries count, they'd be up there, too. Bob Dylan's Don't Look Back. Dig!, the documentary about Brian Jonestown Massacre, is really interesting even if, like me, you're not much of a fan of the band. Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii is amazing, though I'm obviously very biased. 1991: The Year Punk Broke is an awesome look at the early 90's indie/"grunge" scene just before Nirvana exploded into the mainstream. Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage is also great.
    You hit a couple of mine with Rush and 1991. History of the Eagles was ok. Muscle Shoals was really good. Beware of Mr. Baker was good too.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Dave Grohl is coming out with a documentary about the Sound City studios. It looks cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoOfiLz1G4

vCash
    Ok Ill add in Altomount and the muscle Shoals sound.

Banned
    vCash
    Please Allow Me To excuse my prejudice but I was born and raised my 1st 17 years in The Delta and spent my next 7 years in Jackson. THUGH Stones righted so many wrongs regarding the MS Delta Greats. Muddy was painting walls at Chess Studios in Chicago when THUGH Stones walked in and were flabergasted. No way was their childhood idol gonna be painting walls. RESPECT HAPPENED. Love the "Rolling Fork" Reference Muddy Gives here. Muddy went from a painter to a touring dude with the Stones and died with some $ in his pocket thanks to intelligent British Rockers. Don't cut the video short, check out who arrives and joins in.

Last edited by Bully13; 09-25-2018 at 10:46 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Were John Lennon & Pete Townsend getting off? Priceless. Rock N' Roll Circus is a MUST if you are serious about serous music shit.

if it don't work , check it out:https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b06sv

Oh , and a little ice cream added. Beggars Banquet Parachute Women added. Beggars Banquet. Stones decided on some Mississippi Blues self written and not covered. Beggers and Exile. TWO of the best ever albums EVAH.
    Last edited by Bully13; 09-25-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Please Allow Me To excuse my prejudice but I was born and raised my 1st 17 years in The Delta and spent my next 7 years in Jackson. THUGH Stones righted so many wrongs regarding the MS Delta Greats. Muddy was painting walls at Chess Studios in Chicago when THUGH Stones walked in and were flabergasted. No way was their childhood idol gonna be painting walls. RESPECT HAPPENED. Love the "Rolling Fork" Reference Muddy Gives here. Muddy went from a painter to a touring dude with the Stones and died with some $ in his pocket thanks to intelligent British Rockers. Don't cut the video short, check out who arrives and joins in.
    You ever seen You See Me Laughing: The Last of the Hill Country Bluesmen? It's not about "rock" so I'm not sure if it qualifies for this discussion, but it's something all fans of Mississippi blues should see. Excellent music throughout from an interesting (and probably underappreciated) group of MS musicians.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    You ever seen You See Me Laughing: The Last of the Hill Country Bluesmen? It's not about "rock" so I'm not sure if it qualifies for this discussion, but it's something all fans of Mississippi blues should see. Excellent music throughout from an interesting (and probably underappreciated) group of MS musicians.
    I have NOT seen this and very much would like to check it out.

vCash
    OK Before we get totally Hijacked I know there are alot of music movies out their and i'll add in Skynards movie, but the thread relates to three specific movies. Thank you for your patronage.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    OK Before we get totally Hijacked I know there are alot of music movies out their and i'll add in Skynards movie, but the thread relates to three specific movies. Thank you for your patronage.
    Dude. no need to do a hijack apology. I just watched your link for a while. DAMN. Bring it Para. Keep Bringing it dude. Gracias Senior!!! Can't wait to finish it.

vCash
    Brought it on 30 years ago. Old jump injury finally caught up to me to hinder my bringing it on but like my old Bn Cdr used to tell me; Keep it on track..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Dave Grohl is coming out with a documentary about the Sound City studios. It looks cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoOfiLz1G4
    It's been out. I think I watched it on Amazon Prime. It was great.