Thread: Gotta Read this FISHDAWG

vCash

Gotta Read this FISHDAWG

http://www.thehulltruth.com/gulf-coa...-louis-ms.html

Great thread from another board where 2 guys go 100 miles offshore in a 22 ft Sea Hunt triton. I'm I off base thinking these guys are nuts? Their catch (w/pictures) is awesome though. My cousin has a 24 ft Sea Hunt and his weekend house is on the bay. He doesn't go much further than Isle au Pitre. These 2 guys go like 85 miles past that!

vCash
    yeah it's crazy ... they probably have to carry extra gas because most boats that size are limited on fuel capacity ... I would think they are also limited on brains and common sense .... I've also done stupid crap myself like trolling through severe thunderstorms with ungrounded out riggers and waves crashing the bow 50 miles out fishing a marlin tourney in my buddy's 23' walk-around .......... but it paid off .... but, I'll never do it again .... my boat is only 26' but we go out all the time because of the deep hull and weight so a lot of the consideration should be given to hull design .... the further out - the bigger the fish

vCash
    No doubt about hull and weight. They say a good hull is for life. A Sea Hunt is a dang good boat IMO. My cousins is sweet. But I just don't think there is any way I'd take a boat that size that far out.

vCash
    actually, during July & August when it's the hottest (because there is no wind out there) the water gets pretty smooth and he could stretch that out to 30-40 miles because there is almost always some type of oil field structure ... if you have an emergency, you can always climb aboard a production platform and break something to send an alarm but THAT far out the rigs just have entirely to much distance between them ... usually a small boat can outrun storms

vCash
    I've drug plenty of those idiots in, weather can turn way fast. I've also done search and rescue after finding capsized boats. I'd post some fish pics from this past weekend if I could figure out how on my iPad.

And my boat is an Ocean Master 31 super console.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lariverdog View Post
    I've drug plenty of those idiots in, weather can turn way fast. I've also done search and rescue after finding capsized boats. I'd post some fish pics from this past weekend if I could figure out how on my iPad.

And my boat is an Ocean Master 31 super console.
    Sweet boat and pics of your haul would be awesome. From my iPad I have to host my pics somewhere (like photobucket). The easiest way is from my laptop where I just upload them straight from there. If you have further troubles just pm me and I'll post them for you

vCash
    I've got them in flickr just don't know what code to use.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/55826656@N00/10273124775/. What gives?

vCash
    Awesome pics. I've never caught a Wahoo. Great snapper haul and a nice AJ too. Great lookin boat lariverdog

vCash
    Thanks man. I'm very lucky