Thread: H & H Soul Food - Macon, GA

vCash

H & H Soul Food - Macon, GA

If you are a fan of the Allman Brothers, you know what H & H Soul Food is and what it meant to the band. I'm in Macon for a conference (while everyone at home is starting to freak out over the storm track) and got a chance to pop in for lunch today. Momma Louise still makes a mean fried chicken and fresh peach cobbler.

Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 09-12-2018 at 02:10 PM.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Dude, that’s my type of place

vCash
    I need an excuse to go to Macon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I need an excuse to go to Macon.
    It’s worth a stop if you are in the area. Great places to eat, thriving downtown, some cool museums like The Big House and the GA Sports Hall of Fame. Robbins AFB has a cool museum too.

Ate at a place tonight called Piedmont Brewery - all their beers are named for jam band songs. I thought about drinking a Midnight Rider, but it’s too hot for dark beer. Had a Porch Song Pale Ale (love me some Panic) and a Brisket Melt sandwich with pimento cheese and carmelized onions.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Well done, Brunswick. I'm a huge Allman Bros fan and made a point to stop at the H & H when my wife and I were passing through Macon on our way to the craptastic 2012 Gator Bowl and again when we were on our way back from a roller derby thing in Savannah in 2013. Great food -- I had the fried chicken and mac 'n cheese, too, though with collards instead of okra -- but just being there was an experience. And of course when you're in Macon, you've got to pay your respects.

You're not able to go right up the to grave, so I wasn't able to get a great shot of the epitaph. But it's fitting:

"I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    Last edited by Prediction? Pain.; 09-13-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    How's the turnip greens, black eyed peas and cornbread?

vCash
    I went to H & H a few years back after visiting the Big House. I was there for work and had nothing else to do so I pretty much went everywhere on the ABB landmark map.
    H & H was incredible