Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1106

Thread: Kansas State Game Thread Brought to You By Depends

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Lol not happening. Key looked better vs SFA than Fitz did today. Fitz had an awful game passing.
    I certainly could be wrong. I just think joe Moorhead would prefer a passer first, runner second. Key could be the better passer though... haven't seen shrader in person

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I don’t get you people. You say LSU crushed Miami and they had 2 offensive touchdowns and Miami actually outgained LSU in total yards on a neutral field. We almost triple K-State’s total yards and beat them by 3 touchdowns and more then cover yet you only see an 8-9 win team. We played like shit and beat a P5 team by 3 touchdowns on their field. We will clean up a lot of the mistakes you saw today and when we go on the road to play at Kentucky we will be in better shape (and I think K-State’s better then UK btw). We don’t play a team with a pulse until week 5 anyway. We will be fine. You guys are way way way too hard on our team. I think we will be fine and I still say we will be in the 10-11 win range this year.
    I think the issue here is that we are not comparing things to LSU. Screw LSU. We are talking about a national Championship and see what has to take place in order to win it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We're hard on em bc we realize the potential. If I thought 8-9 wins was our ceiling, I would just be thrilled with today. I think our ceiling is higher than that, so we have to fine tune to get there. I'm critical bc I love this team, and see a shot we may not see for a long time
    This. This team can be much better. Got to work on the passing game but I give Fitz a pass since it was his first game back. The running game? WOW, even though Kansa is not all that, I didn't see this coming. Defense? Nothing needs to be said. Improve the pass game (significantly) and clean up the penalties and we will be difficult to stop.

vCash
    I admit that I tempered my expectations coming into this game because I expected a lot closer game from K State, but the stats from the game weren't even close. I was being very critical in the first quarter because it seemed like State was just making mental mistake after mental mistake. A couple of things I noticed as everyone else here did was our deep ball passing. Fitz has to be able to complete a higher percentage of those or else teams will not be threatened by our receivers. Yes they beat their guys on a few occasions, but you can't catch something that isn't even close to you. Another thing I noticed is that Coach Snyder has class and respect. With Dantzler down, he went over there to assist even with our trainers caring for him. To me that shows humility and compassion. Overall a good game in which I thought would be closer than it turned out to be.

vCash
    Lol not happening. Key looked better vs SFA than Fitz did today. Fitz had an awful game passing.
    Are you seriously suggesting that SFA is anywhere near as good on defense as KSU?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    This. This team can be much better. Got to work on the passing game but I give Fitz a pass since it was his first game back. The running game? WOW, even though Kansa is not all that, I didn't see this coming. Defense? Nothing needs to be said. Improve the pass game (significantly) and clean up the penalties and we will be difficult to stop.
    KSU was a top 10 rush defense last year.

vCash
    I'm pleased as Punch. I wanted to see our Bigs dominate( they Did). I wanted to see Fitz run(he did like the hard running Mfer he is). I wanted to see if Hill was the real deal (hell to the yes) . We did have some drops, and Fitz will get better. Our Jimmys and Joes were way better than theirs. And the Refs sucked. The no fumble call was pitiful. Brian Cole and C Rivers are studs.

vCash
    Lol. SFA much better than KSU *****

SFA had so many blown assignments our WRs were receiving punts.

I will say Fitz does need to get alot better throwing downfield and I'm starting to think he won't get there.

vCash
    One thing that will get noticed by the SEC coaching staffs will be the open gates in our pass blocking. Our RBs need to help out in that area, or we need to put in more screen plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We're hard on em bc we realize the potential. If I thought 8-9 wins was our ceiling, I would just be thrilled with today. I think our ceiling is higher than that, so we have to fine tune to get there. I'm critical bc I love this team, and see a shot we may not see for a long time
    You right here. We have a lot to clean up and that needs to be improved. Otherwise 8-4 here we come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I'm pleased as Punch. I wanted to see our Bigs dominate( they Did). I wanted to see Fitz run(he did like the hard running Mfer he is). I wanted to see if Hill was the real deal (hell to the yes) . We did have some drops, and Fitz will get better. Our Jimmys and Joes were way better than theirs. And the Refs sucked. The no fumble call was pitiful. Brian Cole and C Rivers are studs.
    And hell yes the refs sucked.

vCash
    He was just awful on deep throws. His short to medium throws were ok. We also had some drops. Williams could have caught the fade, it was a nice throw. Fitz will get better.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting that SFA is anywhere near as good on defense as KSU?
    Nope. I'm saying it's a 1000% guarantee that Key is our starting QB the next two years barring injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    You right here. We have a lot to clean up and that needs to be improved. Otherwise 8-4 here we come.
    I'm callin bullshit.. our defense alone will prevent that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    What are you smoking?

vCash
    Nope. I'm saying it's a 1000% guarantee that Key is our starting QB the next two years barring injury.
    If he's really good, we're going to be kicking ourselves in 2021 for using KT in garbage times like today back in 2018.

On the other hand, if he's as good as some of us expect, he would be leaving for the NFL before 2021 anyway. Or maybe Mayden or Schrader will be so good that it won't really matter.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    If he's really good, we're going to be kicking ourselves in 2021 for using KT in garbage times like today back in 2018.

On the other hand, if he's as good as some of us expect, he would be leaving for the NFL before 2021 anyway. Or maybe Mayden or Schrader will be so good that it won't really matter.
    I think Key's ceiling is higher than Dak's. If he's ok with a RS I'm all for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I'm callin bullshit.. our defense alone will prevent that
    Maybe 9-3. Fitz was under too much pressure against KSU today. There are 3 maybe 4 Ds (and not sure what TAM has yet so it could be 5) on our schedule that will feast on that. And we play 2 of them at their house.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 09-08-2018 at 03:04 PM.

vCash
    I think Key's ceiling is higher than Dak's. If he's ok with a RS I'm all for it.
    He isn't going to be redshirted.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    He isn't going to be redshirted.
    Probably not and I won't bitch if he isn't but if he is I think we have the greatest 4 year stretch in our programs history starting with this year. We still might either way. I just have a very high opinion of Key moving forward.