Thread: Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread: CFB Kickoff/Labor Day

vCash

Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread: CFB Kickoff/Labor Day

LETS DO THIS!!!

Lunch I had a med rare filet and cauliflower. It was good

vCash
    Early dinner. Got a busy night. My dad removed the spinalis from a whole ribeye loin so what I was left was essentially NY strip. I sliced off a fat one #SteakDay

vCash
    Labor Day 2016: Soeul, Korea. Mission readiness exercise getting ready for Iraq.

Labor Day 2017: Baghdad, Iraq. Almost at the end of our tour.

Labor Day 201: gonna have some fun. Fishing, family, food and football. Gonna correct a two year absence from Starkville this weekend.

vCash
    Enjoy Sapper! Smoke a stogie for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    Labor Day 2016: Soeul, Korea. Mission readiness exercise getting ready for Iraq.

Labor Day 201: gonna have some fun. Fishing, family, food and football. Gonna correct a two year absence from Starkville this weekend.

Awesome! Glad you’re stateside

vCash
    Today is dove from this AM. Deer meat, smoke sausage, boudin, and assorted dips. Pics to follow. Go dogs!

vCash

vCash
    Got chicken and ribs smoking now. I’ll make the sausage and cheese plate 5ish

vCash

Been saving this one for a while. Lots of history behind this bottle, and it has not been produced it many years. It's good. Real good.

vCash
    Oh my god that Charter 12 is a treasure

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post

Awesome Post. Thank God for America's Brave Crazy Asses. Enjoy Sir, You've earned it and Thank You.

vCash
    Doves & boudin for an appetizer and then boiled shrimp for the game.

vCash
    Had a low country boil ready about an hour before the game. Shrimp was swimming in St. Simons Sound Saturday morning.Used some andouille that was hot as hell - and made the boil ramp up to 11 on the spice level. Washed down with Sam Adams Summer Ale.

vCash
    For an app I made gazpacho with tomatoes from the garden.

And for a main I made ratatouille.

Banned
    vCash
    I did some baby backs yesterday and they were very juicy, tender & fall off the bone good. Since I'm part nutrition nerd, I went with a soy sauce, honey & a little brown sugar instead of the high fructose corn syrup BBQ sauce. A little Tony's , vinegar & garlic powder to finish off the marinade. Smoked them over coal and hickory chips for about 40 minutes on the top rack (low heat) of my old brinkman smoker for about 40 minutes for the smoke flavor only and pulled them off only partially cooked. Wrapped them in aluminum foil and threw them in the oven on 295 for about an hour to complete the cooking. Was a hero to my wife and son.

vCash
    Late entry for Gordon this week.

Simmered some fresh doves for a while and made some wild rice. Cabernet with the cooking & meal. A pour of the good stuff now and hoping this storm is a repeat of Nate.