Thread: snow bowl on SEC network at 8

vCash

snow bowl on SEC network at 8

nm

vCash
    Thanks for the heads up.

vCash
    We were at that game. Don't think I've ever been so cold at a ball game. And Shreveport was totally unprepared for winter weather.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grinnindawg View Post
    nm
    Thanks for the info. Have a picture from it on my 17 year old son's bedroom wall ( along with about 25 other MSU things). Now we are getting to watch it together.

vCash
    I was there too. The reports were for some bitter cold with snow. They said little to no acumalation. Boy were they wrong on that one!
    Bulldogs continue domination of Ole Miss
    BY RICK CLEVELAND

vCash
    My guide says LSU at UK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by West Tn Dawg View Post
    I was there too. The reports were for some bitter cold with snow. They said little to no acumalation. Boy were they wrong on that one!
    Not sure it would qualify as "bitter cold" - was in the mid-to-upper 20s ... but they had about 4". Just getting down the ramps to leave the stadium was quite a chore ... ice skating skills would have come in handy. We stayed in some little town 50 or so miles east of Shreveport and got there about 3:30 a.m. The woman running the motel was staying up waiting on visitors from the game ... quite nice of her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    My guide says LSU at UK
    It was on (last night) at 8:00, but I didn't watch it long. We fumbled on the first play ... Wayne Madkin's hands were cold ... and they scored a TD a few plays later. Neither team was used to a slick, icy field. That was one time when an artificial surface was a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Not sure it would qualify as "bitter cold" - was in the mid-to-upper 20s ... but they had about 4". Just getting down the ramps to leave the stadium was quite a chore ... ice skating skills would have come in handy. We stayed in some little town 50 or so miles east of Shreveport and got there about 3:30 a.m. The woman running the motel was staying up waiting on visitors from the game ... quite nice of her.
    We stayed in a motel right before the bridge going back into MS. We realized that we shouldn't attempt crossing the bridge at night with those conditions. I am glad we won since that was the worst conditions I have ever sat through which includes the Troy tornado game and the Arkansas sleeting game in Starkville. Thinking back, the Ark game might have been worse maybe but both were miserable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    We stayed in a motel right before the bridge going back into MS. We realized that we shouldn't attempt crossing the bridge at night with those conditions. I am glad we won since that was the worst conditions I have ever sat through which includes the Troy tornado game and the Arkansas sleeting game in Starkville. Thinking back, the Ark game might have been worse maybe but both were miserable.
    I don't remember the bridge at Vicksburg being a big deal, but going over the hill east of Vicksburg was terrible. I remember one car where apparently the driver got scared and just stopped in the middle of the road. By the time we got to Jackson, there had none, or very little snow, and it stayed that way until about Cullman. We spent the night in Meridian after taking the entire day from Ruston (?) to Meridian.

The Troy tornado game wasn't bad for us since we are in club level and got to go inside. The Arkansas game was bad, but didn't seem as bad as the Indy Bowl. And if we'd won the Arkansas game, we'd have been in Atlanta instead of Shreveport ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I don't remember the bridge at Vicksburg being a big deal, but going over the hill east of Vicksburg was terrible. I remember one car where apparently the driver got scared and just stopped in the middle of the road. By the time we got to Jackson, there had none, or very little snow, and it stayed that way until about Cullman. We spent the night in Meridian after taking the entire day from Ruston (?) to Meridian.

The Troy tornado game wasn't bad for us since we are in club level and got to go inside. The Arkansas game was bad, but didn't seem as bad as the Indy Bowl. And if we'd won the Arkansas game, we'd have been in Atlanta instead of Shreveport ....
    2 things about Arkansas game :

1. We lost in OT after missing a fg to win. That just makes the game worse.

2. It was a steady sleet so it was cold but also we were drenched. The snow in Ruston didn't get you wet to the bone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    2 things about Arkansas game :

1. We lost in OT after missing a fg to win. That just makes the game worse.

2. It was a steady sleet so it was cold but also we were drenched. The snow in Ruston didn't get you wet to the bone.
    True about the drenching, but I think one thing that made it not so bad is that we were "home". Car was parked just outside the south side of the stadium at the tailgate. And I don't remember the roads being a mess like they were in Louisiana. Our tent halfway collapsed because of the sleet though.