Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Back 2 School Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Back 2 School Edition

School is back in swing and football is right around the corner. We're checking out Keostler Prime tomorrow so I'll report back how it went. For non metro Dawgs that dont know the story, the most famous steakhouse in Jackson is family owned but has been operated by a guy for 20 years. He opened his own deal and its the talk of the town.

Quick gear review: I bought some lazy man hooks and threw it today for about 10 mins at the pond just to check it out. Gonna be a staple for me in the marsh... I got the brass willow and Colorado spinners. 2 each in 4/0
    Last edited by BeastMan; 08-17-2018 at 04:12 PM.

vCash
    That's an interesting looking spinner, Beast. Are you threading a bait on there like a normal spinner? I assume that weight/spinner slides up & down?

ETA: somehow I overlooked that screw lock on there. Ha

Me and a buddy fished for a bit the other night and sifted through a bunch of short trout. So, I've got some redfish to cook in a bit.

Last edited by SpeckleDawg; 08-17-2018 at 06:02 PM.

vCash
    Nice fish speck. Good to see legal specks are hanging out in inshore ms waters all summer.

vCash
    We got some large fresh flathead filets that'll be cooked over charcoal. Not yet sure if I'll use the same marinade as last week or go the Italian, Worcestershire, and lemons route. Assorted fresh veggies from the garden will also go on the grill. Not sure yet what sides will be included but I will have a few sides of miller lite whilst manning the grill.

vCash
    I would love to have some of those redfish SpeckleDawg. I have some family and friends coming through later today so I fired up the grill. Boston butt, leg quarters, baby back ribs and Jack Daniels Honey to drink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroDawg View Post
    I would love to have some of those redfish SpeckleDawg. I have some family and friends coming through later today so I fired up the grill. Boston butt, leg quarters, baby back ribs and Jack Daniels Honey to drink.
    That looks killer

vCash
    24oz bone-in ribeye at Koestler Prime. Glass of cab. Gonna have a bourbon when I get home. Quality meal

vCash
    Grilled some steak/veggie kabobs - Malbec with that. Ghost now.

vCash
    Wife and and my Mom took the Princess back to Starkville this weekend - so my Dad and I decided to grill some quail. Storm hit right after we started the charcoal - so we ended up baking them. Dad made a pepper jelly bourbon glaze. Not a bad meal. Now setting in to watch the Snow Bowl.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Traditional cracker barrel Sunday. A time honored tradition

vCash
    Did a strip on the Weber for dinner